Jump to content

Rate this topic

Josh Allen   

176 members have voted

  1. 1. Your thoughts on Josh Allen



Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The funny thing about this whole debate over Allen or Mayfield is that none of our opinions matter. Mac will have final say as to the QB (hopefully with lots of input from the scouts and Bates), and whomever he selects we will all root for and hope that we finally have our franchise QB. 

I've had my say, I'm just going to sit back and try to figure out what the hell the Giants are going to do at #2 because I don't need any draft day surprises. The Jets have weakened my heart over the years, and the last thing I want on draft day is a coronary.  

Just amazing that here we are finally in a position for a QB & we have the f*cking Giants in front of us who in theory can trade back with the Bill & Broncos and ruin our draft potentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best case scenario-either Browns or Jints take Barkley, one or the other gets wowed by Rosen, Jets get Darnold.

Worst-Darnold, Rosen, Jets get Allen or Mayfield. Don't see any of that even being bad.Quite the contrary. 

The fun and games portion of the program with the idiot HC then begins. Who ever this kid is and who ever the starter is, this kid gets sheetload of practice snaps or WEDONTRUNTHEBALLENOUGH Bowles is sent packing. NOBODY cares about your precious career or 5 wins in 2018, this season is getting the young QB ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Just amazing that here we are finally in a position for a QB & we have the f*cking Giants in front of us who in theory can trade back with the Bill & Broncos and ruin our draft potentially.

Why would they need to trade back?

They're taking a QB themselves.

We're drafting the 3rd QB taken in the 2018 NFL Draft.

May as well make peace with that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would they need to trade back?

They're taking a QB themselves.

We're drafting the 3rd QB taken in the 2018 NFL Draft.

May as well make peace with that now.

I see nothing wrong with that. The top 4 QB's are really close 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would they need to trade back?

They're taking a QB themselves.

We're drafting the 3rd QB taken in the 2018 NFL Draft.

May as well make peace with that now.

I don't agree. Giants are right up against the cap, have huge contracts from big purchases in free agency, OBJ is up for a contract, they still need a lot of help on their oline, and if they don't try to win RIGHT NOW over the next 2 years everything they did in free agency, including this year making Solder the highest paid olineman in the NFL wil be for naught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These circle jerk threads have the same 13 members with the same opinions they've ejaculated in 13 other threads.

The same people who hate Allen, have never watched him. The same people who come to his defense, and haven't watched him either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't agree. Giants are right up against the cap, have huge contracts from big purchases in free agency, OBJ is up for a contract, they still need a lot of help on their oline, and if they don't try to win RIGHT NOW over the next 2 years everything they did in free agency, including this year making Solder the highest paid olineman in the NFL wil be for naught.

Their moves certainly make me feel like they are not taking a QB. And their GM is playing his hand like a pro saying things like "The #2 selection is where you find HOF quality players".  If I had to bet on it, he's either selling that pick for a king's ransom or taking Barkley or Chubb. People should not forget that the Giants win SB's when there D can get to the QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

These circle jerk threads have the same 13 members with the same opinions they've ejaculated in 13 other threads.

The same people who hate Allen, have never watched him. The same people who come to his defense, and haven't watched him either.

I've watched them all. And my criticism is that he is a project. You don't trade into the #3 spot for a project QB. I want Rosen or Darnold, but if it comes down to Allen or Mayfield, I'd prefer Baker -- I think he has a better chance of overcoming 1.625 inches than Allen has at becoming an instinctual thrower. I just don't think you learn the stuff that is Allen's shortcoming i.e. accuracy, timing and touch. They are innate. You can improve them, but only marginally.

All that said, what do I know!? After watching him in the Rose Bowl, I was convinced that Ryan Leaf would be a better pro than Peyton Manning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-land-josh-rosen-after-trade-cardinals-move-up-for-qb/

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Jets land Josh Rosen after trade, Cardinals move up for QB

The quarterbacks fly off the board early after Gang Green's aggressive trade up with the Colts

 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 

The Jets significantly changed the entire dynamic of the top 10 in the 2018 NFL Draftlast Saturday after an aggressive trade up with the Colts that'll send non-quarterback prospects down the board. 

If Gang Green's front office hits on their signal-caller selections, everything will be alright in Florham Park. If not, the Jets will likely have to hit the reset button once again. But you've got to respect the boldness of GM Mike Maccagnan and head coach Todd Bowles, who likely need a good season to keep their jobs.

Will another team jump them to get to No. 2? Will the Giants take a quarterback in that spot?

The 2018 NFL Draft order has been tweaked.  

CLE.png1. Cleveland Browns

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming. At this point, it'll be surprising if this pick isn't Allen or Sam Darnold. I'm going with Allen because of the superior physical attributes and Darnold's turnover issue which won't exactly thrill GM John Dorsey who's traded for risk-averse quarterbacks Alex Smith and Tyrod Taylor in his career. 


NYG.png2. New York Giants

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State. GM Dave Gettleman would be open to a trade down, but he's not taking less than what the Colts got to slide back three spots, and that compensation package ultimately doesn't come his way. He picks Barkley to take pressure off Eli Manning and Odell Beckham as well as to give his ground game an ultra-talented ball-carrier.


NYJ.png3. New York Jets (from Colts)

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. The Jets get the most natural passer in the draft after their trade up. Rosen is as clean as they come from the technical side and can be very accurate. He does have a tendency to overextend plays and force the football.


ARI.png4. Arizona Cardinals (via mock trade)

Sam Darnold, QB, USC. The Cardinals begin the Steve Wilks era with an aggressive move into the top 5 to pick Darnold, an immensely talented quarterback with some wrinkles that need to be ironed out. It wouldn't be the worst thing if he sits for his entire rookie year. 


DEN.png5. Denver Broncos

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma. The Broncos pair Mayfield with a quarterback who has a similar skill set in Case Keenum. There's no rush to get the former Oklahoma star on the field, and Keenum is the ideal mentor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good thing about guys like Allen is that they are often good to start right away and grow into the job.  Big athletic dudes, you don't have to worry about them physically.  Like Roethlisberger and Flacco. 

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

can't really vote unless I know what my choices are. I think this covers most of the 2-QB combinations assuming it comes down to a 2 QB choice:

Allen vs Darnold: Darnold

Allen vs Rosen: Rosen

Allen vs Mayfield: the most likely scenario for Mac. Toughest decision of all 6.  I lean toward Mayfield.  I can't get over the how Allen struggles on short/midrange passes.  

Mayfield vs Darnold: Darnold

Mayfield vs Rosen: Rosen

Rosen vs Darnold:  least likely scenario but baby if this is the choice it would be incredible.  I lean towards Darnold but couldn't begin to defend myself if I tried.

3-way combinations are much easier:

Darnold, Mayfield, or Allen: Darnold

Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen: Darnold

Darnold, Allen or Rosen: Darnold

Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield: Rosen (this is the most likely 3-way QB choice scenario)

I pretty much agree with your analysis, though I have seen very little of them and Darnold in particular.  I am just wondering why Darnold vs. Rosen is a tough choice, but 3-way choices containing Darnold and Rosen are easier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The good thing about guys like Allen is that they are often good to start right away and grow into the job.  Big athletic dudes, you don't have to worry about them physically.  Like Roethlisberger and Flacco. 

I pretty much agree with your analysis, though I have seen very little of them and Darnold in particular.  I am just wondering why Darnold vs. Rosen is a tough choice, but 3-way choices containing Darnold and Rosen are easier?

I think I meant the last of the 3-way choices was the easiest (the one without Darnold, which is the most likely 3 QB choice to occur).  The Darnold vs Rosen choice is difficult in any scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching some highlight film on Allen, he has a howizer arm, scrambles well keeping his eyes downfield. He was rarely set and throwing on the run, on his back foot with good accuracy and a lot of zip on the ball. He had good touch at times when needed. It didnt look like he had a very good O-line which makes him workable with the current Jet O- line. Stats aren’t that great but could be misleading numbers. Upon further review I believe this guy has good potential. Runs well for his size. I would be OK with the Jets picking him if he’s still there at 3. He may go before Rosen which IMHO is even better for the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that it’s likely Allen or Rosen is okay with me.

That Darnold or Mayfield would be the consolation prize at #3 makes our position even better. 

 

1. Allen/Darnold

2. Rosen/Darnold

3. Allen/Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-land-josh-rosen-after-trade-cardinals-move-up-for-qb/

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Jets land Josh Rosen after trade, Cardinals move up for QB

The quarterbacks fly off the board early after Gang Green's aggressive trade up with the Colts

 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 

The Jets significantly changed the entire dynamic of the top 10 in the 2018 NFL Draftlast Saturday after an aggressive trade up with the Colts that'll send non-quarterback prospects down the board. 

If Gang Green's front office hits on their signal-caller selections, everything will be alright in Florham Park. If not, the Jets will likely have to hit the reset button once again. But you've got to respect the boldness of GM Mike Maccagnan and head coach Todd Bowles, who likely need a good season to keep their jobs.

Will another team jump them to get to No. 2? Will the Giants take a quarterback in that spot?

The 2018 NFL Draft order has been tweaked.  

CLE.png1. Cleveland Browns

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming. At this point, it'll be surprising if this pick isn't Allen or Sam Darnold. I'm going with Allen because of the superior physical attributes and Darnold's turnover issue which won't exactly thrill GM John Dorsey who's traded for risk-averse quarterbacks Alex Smith and Tyrod Taylor in his career. 


NYG.png2. New York Giants

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State. GM Dave Gettleman would be open to a trade down, but he's not taking less than what the Colts got to slide back three spots, and that compensation package ultimately doesn't come his way. He picks Barkley to take pressure off Eli Manning and Odell Beckham as well as to give his ground game an ultra-talented ball-carrier.


NYJ.png3. New York Jets (from Colts)

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. The Jets get the most natural passer in the draft after their trade up. Rosen is as clean as they come from the technical side and can be very accurate. He does have a tendency to overextend plays and force the football.


ARI.png4. Arizona Cardinals (via mock trade)

Sam Darnold, QB, USC. The Cardinals begin the Steve Wilks era with an aggressive move into the top 5 to pick Darnold, an immensely talented quarterback with some wrinkles that need to be ironed out. It wouldn't be the worst thing if he sits for his entire rookie year. 


DEN.png5. Denver Broncos

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma. The Broncos pair Mayfield with a quarterback who has a similar skill set in Case Keenum. There's no rush to get the former Oklahoma star on the field, and Keenum is the ideal mentor.

I could see the Giants possibly going with Barclay at # 2 with they’re new coaching staff and new found love for Eli. They may think Webb is a good #2 guy also. Then again the QB pool is seemingly ripe with talent and they may pick a QB. Sleeper may be the Brown’s picking Barclay if they think he might not be there at 4 and going with a QB at 4. Especially since they gave the Jets Crowell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, Philc1 said:

For all the people killing Allen because of his completion percentage Jay cutler had a similar completion percentage playing with nobodies at vanderbilt

 

a part of completion percentage is the receiver actually catching the ball

or running the right route

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Wyoming's Josh Allen's accuracy warns 'buyer beware' to Broncos ...

Jan 25, 2018 - While Allen is expected to be picked early in the draft and has a tremendously strong arm, inaccuracy has plagued his entire career ...

 

 

Quote

 

LOOK: Josh Allen shows off his accuracy - Mile High Report

Jan 25, 2018 - With the net just a few yards in front of him, Josh Allen completely whiffs not just the hole where the ball should go, but the entirety of the net around it.

 

 

 

Quote

 

Jordan Palmer: Josh Allen's accuracy issues overblown - 247Sports

Feb 20, 2018 - Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen has been working with former NFL quarterback Jordan Palmer in preparation for the 2018 NFL Draft.

 

 

Sounds too familiar ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

OMG! Jordan Palmer will save the day! He's done a great job with Hackenburg!

Quote

Many of Allen's misses occurred when he overstepped with his front foot—called over-striding—which throws off his balance and arm angle and causes the ball to sail. Allen showed up in Mobile, Alabama, for the Senior Bowl with a cleaner step and improved accuracy. Through three days of practices and capping it off with a strong showing in the game, Allen's stock went up.

Well considering how he's already making strides to improve his accuracy, and how overblown his accuracy issues are, I'd say he's in good shape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Well considering how he's already making strides to improve his accuracy, and how overblown his accuracy issues are, I'd say he's in good shape. 

totes magotes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Mercenary QB coach: My innacurate student is fixed! 

*Mercenary QB coach collects fee*

This one guy: See!?!?? This number that's worked all century has been misleading all along! 

You're doing it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

Get Winning Picks

×