Josh Allen

T0mShane

Josh Allen   

176 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts on Josh Allen

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

For what its worth, if I can keep my QB away from making tackles because he stays away from throwing INT's that would be best. 

Above I stated my thoughts on Allens best fits. Let me know what you think. 

I mean, yeah. No picks is ideal. But they happen.  My thoughts were more toward his iron man mindset.  “Broken foot, put me in”

I don’t see that with Rosen, and I have nothing to base that off. Just a general impression. 

I like the coaching connections, But i feel like the shot callers care less about fitting the agenda of their “new” hires and more about the return on their investments.  To that end, who of the top-4 are going to have the longest careers? Cause in my mind they’re all talented enough to consistently flirt with playoffs. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If what we all fear and that is Rosen (mostly) and Darnold are gone at at 1 and 2, then I really think this pick comes down to Jeremy Bates. Reports have come out that he really blew away the organization last year and is probably in mind to be their HC someday if Bowles doesn’t make something happen here. 

Or at the very least they realize that Bowles has no idea what a good qb would look like and the organizario. will defer to Bates on the coaching portion of the decision.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

If what we all fear and that is Rosen (mostly) and Darnold are gone at at 1 and 2, then I really think this pick comes down to Jeremy Bates. Reports have come out that he really blew away the organization last year and is probably in mind to be their HC someday if Bowles doesn’t make something happen here. 

Or at the very least they realize that Bowles has no idea what a good qb would look like and the organizario. will defer to Bates on the coaching portion of the decision.

If Bates does a good job while at OC, I wouldn’t mind the in house move of putting him a team HC. It’s about time we get a offensive minded strategist at the helm.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

If Bates does a good job while at OC, I wouldn’t mind the in house move of putting him a team HC. It’s about time we get a offensive minded strategist at the helm.

NFL is a copy cat league as they always say, and that sort of move would fit the trend of McVay and Kyle Shanahan. I’d be all for it. We’d also have our DC replacement on staff in Dennard Wilson. 

The problem with Allen is that the Jets will destroy him.

Haley will make something of Darnold or Allen.

I think Shurmur can make something out of Allen.  My guess is that the Bills offense under Daboll could coach Allen.

The Jets and their WCO would not be good for Allen.  Theoretically Rosen could run it, but if he drops out of  the NFL because injuries the Johnsons will never hear the end of it.

Mayfield is the safest pick for the Jets.  He is a football player.   He needs the job.  He does not get hurt.  I think he ends up more like a Cousins than a Brees, but we almost paid $30mm for that.  He will be a good QB to help advance the Jets, and there is always Teddy too. 

5 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Any videos like this with mayfield??

Edit: nvm I just clicked on the guys page. His Lauletta breakdowns get me more excited then anything of Allen’s!

I watched most if the top qb breakdown vids. What i really like about this particular video is that outside of Mayfield rarely throwing int's, the breakdown explains how the ints were really made by great plays by the defense and not simply poor decision making or poor throws.

6 hours ago, Barton said:

Jets need to do whatever it takes to trade up and get their #1 QB prospect.

Lmaoo let’s stop this Narrative now . The QB needy Browns are not trading out of #1. And the Giants are not gonna be known for giving the jets a franchise QB. They barely would make a trade with us in the first place .

https://www.ndtscouting.com/marino-6-pack-thursday-potential-1st-round-mistakes/

Allen is the embodiment of every bust quarterback that was over-drafted from the last ten years. Allen is among the most physically gifted passers to enter the NFL and has rare arm talent, but lacks consistency in several of the critical areas (accuracy, decision making, diagnosing coverage) needed to be a successful NFL starter. While his ceiling is extremely high, considerable development is needed for him to take control of an NFL offense. Given his struggles at Wyoming, imagine what is going to happen against NFL defenses with even more on his plate pre- and post-snap. It blows my mind that a quarterback-needy team’s GM is going to put their reputation and job on the line to hitch the wagon to Allen. It makes more sense for Allen to be viewed in the DeShone Kizer/Colin Kaepernick day two range than at the top of the first round.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/marino-6-pack-thursday-potential-1st-round-mistakes/

Allen is the embodiment of every bust quarterback that was over-drafted from the last ten years. Allen is among the most physically gifted passers to enter the NFL and has rare arm talent, but lacks consistency in several of the critical areas (accuracy, decision making, diagnosing coverage) needed to be a successful NFL starter. While his ceiling is extremely high, considerable development is needed for him to take control of an NFL offense. Given his struggles at Wyoming, imagine what is going to happen against NFL defenses with even more on his plate pre- and post-snap. It blows my mind that a quarterback-needy team’s GM is going to put their reputation and job on the line to hitch the wagon to Allen. It makes more sense for Allen to be viewed in the DeShone Kizer/Colin Kaepernick day two range than at the top of the first round.

I can't wait for his pro day. If he is not deadly accurate and throwing dimes on timing patterns, he no longer deserves to be in the discussion.  

Serious Question:  Is Josh Allen a 2018 version of Ken O'Brien?

Prototype size, huge bazooka of an arm, not terribly mobile, smart in general, but maybe not the most accurate or smartest with the ball (i.e. will throw INT's), and from a smaller school/conference that didn't play the greatest competition at the college level? 

Could get picked ahead of prospects who could turn out to be much better than him (Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph, Falk, etc.)

Lots of upside, lots of risk.

This IS The 1983'esque draft class after all, is Allen the O'Brien of this class?

I'm no draft expert but looking up stats for the "top" QB prospects in the draft, one thing really stood out to me about Allen was passing attempts per game. The first 2 games of 2017 he had over 30 attempts for the rest of the season he was under 30, he averaged only 24.5 attempts a game which seems kind of low (but I'm not sure) compared to Rosen who was above 40 attempts and Mayfield who was close to 30 attempts.

24.5 attempts a game averaging 165 yards seems like a "game manager" type QB (just looking at the numbers) I've recently just started watching some of his clips and the way he plays doesn't fit that narative.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I can't wait for his pro day. If he is not deadly accurate and throwing dimes on timing patterns, he no longer deserves to be in the discussion.  

But what if he IS deadly accurate on his pro day?

52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Serious Question:  Is Josh Allen a 2018 version of Ken O'Brien?

Prototype size, huge bazooka of an arm, not terribly mobile, smart in general, but maybe not the most accurate or smartest with the ball (i.e. will throw INT's), and from a smaller school/conference that didn't play the greatest competition at the college level? 

Could get picked ahead of prospects who could turn out to be much better than him (Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph, Falk, etc.)

Lots of upside, lots of risk.

This IS The 1983'esque draft class after all, is Allen the O'Brien of this class?

Not terribly mobile?  Allen was the fastest QB that ran at the combine.  He had over 500 yards rushing in 2016 and 12 rush TDs over the past 2 seasons.  He's more mobile than ******* Mayfield despite the Wilson/Flutie comparisons.  I just complained about this with somebody else's Zach Mettenberger comp.

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

What is wrong with this ******* board?  Last year people wanted to promote Morton before he had been OC for a snap.  Bates is a singularly bad choice for HC in 2019.  He may be a good coach, but the guy was burnt out and took time off from football.  In 2017 he turned down the OC job because he was concerned it would be too much work.  Is that a guy you want to hand the keys over to?  He needs Dennison around to hold his hand and do the grunt work.  An NFL HC is the ultimate administrator and needs to handle a million things at once - every minor detail.  I think Bates is like an artist.  He has been great at what he does, but that does not mean he is suited to move up.  We already had a similar deal with Rex, who at least was outgoing.  Besides, can the guy have a single successful season at OC before you promote him? 

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not terribly mobile?  Allen was the fastest QB that ran at the combine.  He had over 500 yards rushing in 2016 and 12 rush TDs over the past 2 seasons.  He's more mobile than ******* Mayfield despite the Wilson/Flutie comparisons.  I just complained about this with somebody else's Zach Mettenberger comp.

What is wrong with this ******* board?  Last year people wanted to promote Morton before he had been OC for a snap.  Bates is a singularly bad choice for HC in 2019.  He may be a good coach, but the guy was burnt out and took time off from football.  In 2017 he turned down the OC job because he was concerned it would be too much work.  Is that a guy you want to hand the keys over to?  He needs Dennison around to hold his hand and do the grunt work.  An NFL HC is the ultimate administrator and needs to handle a million things at once - every minor detail.  I think Bates is like an artist.  He has been great at what he does, but that does not mean he is suited to move up.  We already had a similar deal with Rex, who at least was outgoing.  Besides, can the guy have a single successful season at OC before you promote him? 

I clearly said IF he does a good job. If he thinks it’s too much on him he won’t accept to begin with. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I clearly said IF he does a good job. If he thinks it’s too much on him he won’t accept to begin with. 

How ******* pathetic is the position you are offering when you are willing to give it to a guy based on one good season at OC?   Do you really want to leave it up to the candidates to determine if they are ready to accept all that work?  Thank God you aren't in HR.

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jet fans seem to be obsessed with trying to promote the OC to HC. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

How ******* pathetic is the position you are offering when you are willing to give it to a guy based on one good season at OC?   Do you really want to leave it up to the candidates to determine if they are ready to accept all that work?  Thank God you aren't in HR.

I didn’t exclude it to one good season. I simply said if he does good and he likes the thought of HC that I wouldn’t mind it. I didn’t say they should, I didn’t say they have to. I said if it was to happen..I wouldn’t be mad about it...and ay dude...come the f*ck down. Got me? 

I don’t appreciate the angle your coming at me from. It’s a discussion. I didn’t kill your dog.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I didn’t exclude it to one good season. I simply said if he does good and he likes the thought of HC that I wouldn’t mind it. I didn’t say they should, I didn’t say they have to. I said if it was to happen..I wouldn’t be mad about it...and ay dude...come the f*ck down. Got me? 

I don’t appreciate the angle your coming at me from. It’s a discussion. I didn’t kill your dog.

Don't even ******* joke about killing my dog. 

IkKVztA.gif&key=0e09c050272a849053a67f62

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

And throws dimes on timing patterns. That would be great! I'm not rooting against him. I hope all the QBs are great NFL QBs.

I mean, does a great pro day make him more attractive to you as a Jets' pick or is it just that you want him more attractive to other teams ahead of us.  

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Forgive my ignorance then and strike that part.  I had heard some talking heads call him less mobile than the other guys, maybe they were full of sh*t.  Mea culpa.

So a mobile Ken O'Brien then.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Forgive my ignorance then and strike that part.  I had heard some talking heads call him less mobile than the other guys, maybe they were full of sh*t.  Mea culpa.

So a mobile Ken O'Brien then.

Truth be told, just be happy if we don't end up with Todd Blackledge. 

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I liked Kenny O.

Its an angle I coul get behind for Allen if we go that route lol

so you'd like a guy that has some highlight reel deep balls but could never win a single playoff game despite inheriting one of the AFCs molst talented roster in an era of weak AFC football?

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

so you'd like a guy that has some highlight reel deep balls but could never win a single playoff game despite inheriting one of the AFCs molst talented roster in an era of weak AFC football?

I don't care if you liked him, nor do I care what your criticism of him was.  Just to be clear up front.:D  I'm not here to debate Kenny O' career here.

Kenny O' long balls (and Toon and Walker and Shuler catching them) in 45-42 type shootouts with Miami and Dan Marino is a part of why I am a Jets Fan today.

Was he perfect?  Lol, not even close.  But he'll always hold a warm spot in my heart, same as Chad Pennington tbqh.  we have so few at QB we can be proud of, the few that at least gave us something worth watching remain to this day notable.

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

I mean, does a great pro day make him more attractive to you as a Jets' pick or is it just that you want him more attractive to other teams ahead of us.  

Both. Even with a great pro day, I'd rather have Darnold or Rosen. But considering what we've had at QB since Pennington, I'd be happy with any of the top 4 at #3

Archived