Report: Jets TE Chris Herndon Charged With DWI - Update: Sentencing

JetNation

51 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

If this is your A material, you better run along and troll someone else, Sparky.

First and final warning.

What rock did these new posters crawl out from under?

Also, Herndon plead out today. So he’s definitely going to get suspended for a chunk of next season. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What rock did these new posters crawl out from under?

Also, Herndon plead out today. So he’s definitely going to get suspended for a chunk of next season. 

A chunk? I'd guess 2-3 games, max. 

50 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol! Maybe you didn't notice, but I'm a mod here, Sparkles. If there are any warnings between the two us, they'll be going in the other direction. So far, you don't seem like much of an asset to the site. Maybe tone down your internet tough guy routine for starters. Advocating the benefits of drinking and driving doesn't help your cause, either. 

Because you are a moderator, you think you can mess with me and I am unable to fire back?  That is silly.

Also, I never advocated drinking and driving, I explained the reality of it.  Please don't falsely attribute things to me. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Because you are a moderator, you think you can mess with me and I am unable to fire back?  That is silly.

Also, I never advocated drinking and driving, I explained the reality of it.  Please don't falsely attribute things to me. 

The reality being that some people can safely drive with a .16 BAC and should be left alone unless they have a dumb friend in the backseat that can't help looking out the back window? 

That reality?

Cool. Story. Bro.  

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’d put money on 4 and that’s 25% of the season. 

It all depends on whether there is something else out there that we don't know about...according to the Sean Smith article below, a first offense is 2 games...

Recent league suspensions for DUI:

Troy Hill 2017 - 2 games: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/05/01/rams-cb-troy-hill-suspended-2-games-after-dui-crash/

Sean Smith 2015 - 3 games for DUI with property damage http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13311575/sean-smith-kansas-city-chiefs-suspended-3-games-dui

On 6/4/2018 at 11:49 PM, JetNation said:

herndon.jpg

Just as Jets fans are seeing feel good stories regarding linebacker Dylan Donahue’s efforts to overcome issues with alcohol following multiple DUI’s, rookie tight end Chris Herndon is in a similar situation.

According to the Miami Herald, Herndon is facing charges of driving while intoxicated when he struck another vehicle and was taken away in handcuffs.

We’ll provide updates as details become available.

The post Report: Jets TE Chris Herndon Charged With DWI appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

oh7SpF4xiOA

Click here to read the full story...

Cut him. 
Draft Noah Fant. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

The reality being that some people can safely drive with a .16 BAC and should be left alone unless they have a dumb friend in the backseat that can't help looking out the back window? 

That reality?

Cool. Story. Bro.  

Yep.  All people aren't created equally.  If they were, there would be no need for the NFL Combine, because all the times, distances and Wonderlic scores would be the same.

2 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

Pfff.  I got my DUI 20+ yrs ago, at the peak of my drinking abilities.  I blew a .16 and was driving perfectly.  Only reason I got pulled over is the guy in the back seat kept turning around to look at the cop behind us. 

Way to go

3 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

Article didn't have his BAC, lame.  I want to know if he is an amateur or pro drinker.  Any DUI under .16 is pathetic.

Also, only 90 days loss of license for DUI in Florida?  No wonder so many derelicts leave the North East for there. 

You get a year loss of license if it’s a DUI and it cost about $15k or more. 

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

You read about today last summer? Cool

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

it was not today.  It was in the middle of 2018---pretty much right after the draft.  He wrecked a car and was caught red handed.  I think he just bought the thing

it was not today.  It was in the middle of 2018---pretty much right after the draft.  He wrecked a car and was caught red handed.  I think he just bought the thing
I know but that wasn't the point of my post, the chargers and plea happened today not the DUI...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You get a year loss of license if it’s a DUI and it cost about $15k or more. 

HUH?  I just checked 2 Florida websites and they both say 180 days (6 months for a DUI).  Herndon must have lawyered it down to a wreckless driving to only get 90 days.

2 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

Amazing how people don't understand the concept of Tolerance. 

I will say this about tolerance.  I used to drink,  and when I did it took about 4 beers to get a buzz.  Now I can probably count on one hand how many beers I had in all of 2018. After drinking half a beer I feel a buzz coming on.  

I get your point. . 008 effects everyone differently. 

The other point is,  if you plan on drinking, don't drive. 

17 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

HUH?  I just checked 2 Florida websites and they both say 180 days (6 months for a DUI).  Herndon must have lawyered it down to a wreckless driving to only get 90 days.

You are correct. You lose it for a year if you refuse. That I’m 100% positive of. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

You are correct. You lose it for a year if you refuse. That I’m 100% positive of. 

I saw that.  It was surprising they bang you a full year for that.  In NJ it is 6months, and fines, but you don't get the insurance points or an interlock device. 

Archived