Will Pryor be revitalized?

Jetster

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I disagree with your assessment of Terrelle Pryor. 

Back in only 2016 as a 1st year WR (for Cleveland) recorded 77 receptions for 1,007 receiving yards and 4 TD receptions (with Josh McCown as his QB) and still only 29 years of age. 

He's also the most physical run blocking WR since Brandon Marshall/Quincy Enunwa. 

He's way more talented and his overall capabilities are more valuable than any #4 WR who's ever lived to play this game.

He's a #1 WR and no worse than a #2 on almost every single team within the league; and espicially New England.

"All he is, is a #4 WR" couldn't be further from the truth (just ask former multiple #1 CB's who've been beaten by Pryor like a drum). 

The move he put on the Steelers at 3:17 in the video was beautiful!  So smooth and fluid. 

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Looked sort of sluggish the few times he was on the field.  Does he still have enough speed to get good enough separation?

Sluggish? Not sure what you're talking about.  His legs are so long that it doesn't look like he's moving fast, but the guy is fast as sh*t.

He looked good in the snaps he played and his catches were nice.  And if I'm remembering correctly, they came during important points in the game.

21 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Sluggish? Not sure what you're talking about.  His legs are so long that it doesn't look like he's moving fast, but the guy is fast as sh*t.

He looked good in the snaps he played and his catches were nice.  And if I'm remembering correctly, they came during important points in the game.

I'm thinking Bates unleashes the beast if the Fins overplay Quincy. Hope Kearse can suit up & join the fun, he's really good at finding holes in zones, QB friendly openings.

Pryor is a little better than most people give him credit for...last year was def a down year with his injury.

TP’s stride is so damn long, he can do some damage in spots.

And with this team, that’s what I see...each week a different wr doing damage.

i think our wr’s were underestimated, mostly by our fans here. Of course, QE health was/is the wildcard.

21 minutes ago, TnT said:

Pryor is a little better than most people give him credit for...last year was def a down year with his injury.

TP’s stride is so damn long, he can do some damage in spots.

And with this team, that’s what I see...each week a different wr doing damage.

i think our wr’s were underestimated, mostly by our fans here. Of course, QE health was/is the wildcard.

Not only fans but the media were quick to point out that the Jets had no weapons. But they are the only team in the NFL with 4 WRs that have gone over 800 yards in the NFL. Chris Carter & Greg Jennings were talking about how the young QB spreading the ball around makes them pretty darn dangerous. No weak points, with awesome diversity among them. Quincy has played in the halfback spot so he's damn near a pseudo WR/TE but he's fast & 225 Lbs of muscle so he's strong as hell (how about that TD in Detroit with guys hanging on him while he drags them into the endzone), then you have Pryor who's big & fast 6'-4", 227 Lbs, but a long strider who eats up yards without looking like it. Then you have steady eddy Jermaine Kearse, who's an excellent route runner, great hands, awesome finding openings in zones. And finally Robbie Anderson, who is skinny but fast as sh*t & has great hands. Every single time you line up opposite Anderson you know damn well in the back of your mind if he gets by you he's gonna separate. 

Plus both Powell & Crowell can catch out of the backfield! If Sam continues to see the field & make quick decisions & throw to the open guy this offense will be difficult for most defenses, especially ones with poor back 7s. Plus, it negates the pass rush as they get tired, especially in the 2nd half. Used to be Bowles just wanted to keep it close & try to squeak it out in the 4th. With Sam here we'll want to keep it close & then put the pedal to the medal in the 4th quarter.

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Whole post...spot on.

QE is a certified beast. The year before last I went and bought his jersey...he has serious potential. And is a great kid.

A really big benefit is when you have a wr out a game...like Kearse yesterday...production doesn’t have to suffer. We gameplan to who’s on the field and we still have the ability to move the ball.

This is alien, but I like it.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

You've actually made my point, I post the name Pryor (1 of our 4 WRs) and Jet fans brains flash Calvin Pryor. Talk about a guy flying under the radar even with our own fans, lol. But this dude has serious potential, he looked f*cking huge on that out route & the ball was a bit high but at 6'-4' it was pitch & catch.

My wife was like, "holy sh*t that guy has long legs", lol. The guy is a physical specimen similar to Antonio Cromarty & actually similar to him in work ethic. Guys like this are so freaking athletic they don't practice the little things in technique that take you to another level. I just wonder if Terrell now feels he needs to fine tune his game so as not to be left out & join the fun. The Skins players went after him good, these guys have a lot of pride & certainly don't like being made fun of. As the season goes on, Darnold settles in, I look at a team like the Patriots & say, who do they have that can match up with this beast? 

Reminds me of Braylon. Hope the resemblance is physical not mental.

3 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

No.  I am well aware what a freak he is.  I watched him kick Oregon's ass in the Rose Bowl.  Again, just more proof we need to improve iur recruiting.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Not only fans but the media were quick to point out that the Jets had no weapons. But they are the only team in the NFL with 4 WRs that have gone over 800 yards in the NFL. Chris Carter & Greg Jennings were talking about how the young QB spreading the ball around makes them pretty darn dangerous. No weak points, with awesome diversity among them. Quincy has played in the halfback spot so he's damn near a pseudo WR/TE but he's fast & 225 Lbs of muscle so he's strong as hell (how about that TD in Detroit with guys hanging on him while he drags them into the endzone), then you have Pryor who's big & fast 6'-4", 227 Lbs, but a long strider who eats up yards without looking like it. Then you have steady eddy Jermaine Kearse, who's an excellent route runner, great hands, awesome finding openings in zones. And finally Robbie Anderson, who is skinny but fast as sh*t & has great hands. Every single time you line up opposite Anderson you know damn well in the back of your mind if he gets by you he's gonna separate. 

Plus both Powell & Crowell can catch out of the backfield! If Sam continues to see the field & make quick decisions & throw to the open guy this offense will be difficult for most defenses, especially ones with poor back 7s. Plus, it negates the pass rush as they get tired, especially in the 2nd half. Used to be Bowles just wanted to keep it close & try to squeak it out in the 4th. With Sam here we'll want to keep it close & then put the pedal to the medal in the 4th quarter.

Couldn't have put it any better. Love, love love what the Jets have going for their WR corps. It's an army of B+ talents that are good alone but dangerous together. One week one guy will stand out, the next another might do the same. The Jets have quietly assembled one of the better WR rooms in the league. If Darnold holds up his end of the bargain and Bates draws up the right plays this Jets O will surprise folks.

Gonna have to reach out and demonstrate something special otherwise it will be hard for him to see many balls once the TE's really kick in and Kearse returns.  A good position for the Jets to be in here, not enough balls to go around.

23 hours ago, EM31 said:

Gonna have to reach out and demonstrate something special otherwise it will be hard for him to see many balls once the TE's really kick in and Kearse returns.  A good position for the Jets to be in here, not enough balls to go around.

He looked just like Braylon Edwards on that out he caught. The guy had serious ankle surgery and it obviously takes time to get your strength back & get comfortable cutting & jumping. If he can stay healthy & get more confident in his ankle, he'll be able to let it rip. They brought him along really slowly in camp. He's a gonna be a huge part of the WR group with Sam on board we need to have this group rotate so each snap has 3/4 WRs at peak ability & not tired for 60 minutes.

Archived