Culture “Change”

Adoni Beast

“The culture has been changed!”  Has been the campaign slogan since we drafted Adams/Maye, and purged the roster of the old vets. It hasn’t.

The Browns are not the same old Browns. They should be 3-0, with a defense that made Brees and Big Ben look like rookies (true). But we still should have won last night...if the culture was truly changed. 

Truth is we are a 7-9 team this season (best case scenario). Our offensive roster is one of the worst, easily. Our defense is talented, but no true game changers.

Chris Johnson is the one true culture change in this sad franchise. He was the one who made Mac pull the Suh deal when he was using us as bait. I’m sure he was also the one who demanded we move on from Cousins asap. I firmly believe he forced Mac to trade up for a QB. Our new owner has earned the respect of our players; something Woody Johnson never had. Chris Johnson can truly change the culture by either:

- Hiring a President of Football Operations, and letting this man decide Mac/Bowles fate.

- Or fire the two himself and start anew.

I believe Chris Johnson will hire a someone to run the show, because he seems to trult care about winning and creating a real winning culture here & knows he’s not a football guru by any means. So he will not conduct a gm & hc search by himself. 

We someone to oversee the gm/coach...Especially for when Woody returns. The problem is...who? I do believe with a boatload of cap space, most of our draft picks, and a true blue chip FQB already on the roster, we can lure too notch candidates President, a GM, and a HC.

The vibe had felt different around the team, but the penalties and off field issues continue to disappoint.

I feel like I've seen a lot of the more positive recent moves with young Heimerdinger? Maybe he gets a promotion to take further influence?

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

“The culture has been changed!”  Has been the campaign slogan since we drafted Adams/Maye, and purged the roster of the old vets. It hasn’t.

The Browns are not the same old Browns. They should be 3-0, with a defense that made Brees and Big Ben look like rookies (true). But we still should have won last night...if the culture was truly changed. 

Truth is we are a 7-9 team this season (best case scenario). Our offensive roster is one of the worst, easily. Our defense is talented, but no true game changers.

Chris Johnson is the one true culture change in this sad franchise. He was the one who made Mac pull the Suh deal when he was using us as bait. I’m sure he was also the one who demanded we move on from Cousins asap. I firmly believe he forced Mac to trade up for a QB. Our new owner has earned the respect of our players; something Woody Johnson never had. Chris Johnson can truly change the culture by either:

- Hiring a President of Football Operations, and letting this man decide Mac/Bowles fate.

I believe Chris Johnson will hire a someone to run the show, because he seems to trult care about winning and creating a real winning culture here & knows he’s not a football guru by any means. So he will not conduct a gm & hc search by himself. 

We someone to oversee the gm/coach...Especially for when Woody returns. The problem is...who? I do believe with a boatload of cap space, most of our draft picks, and a true blue chip FQB already on the roster, we can lure too notch candidates President, a GM, and a HC.

Yes Chris Johnson will appoint Charlie Casserly as President who will in turn reward  Mac and Cheese to 5 year extentions. 

13 minutes ago, nico002 said:

We could have easily lucked into being 3-0, would our culture have been changed?

And LOL at the browns culture having been changed after three games-

The Jets culture will never change because it stems from our pathetic fans 

The only pathetic fans are those who criticize die hard fans for not only being sick and f****ng tired of losing, but their passion, strong feelings, and connection to this organization. 

I wish other posters here would stop going at each other, we do after all, all root for the same team and it is not anyone here's fault when we lose except those on the field.

I’m about to fix em for next year. In 10 minutes or less on my phone. Here we go.

cap space starts over 105 million (no Leonard Williams)

QB. 

Darnold. 

RB

Crowell still under contract

Powell resigns for 6M.

3rd round draft pick speedy boi.

WR

ENUNWA signs long term 5-70M.

KEARSE gets 1 year 6M.

Anderson gets the RFA tender 3M

We poach Simmie Cobbs from Redskins staff. 

Deontay Burnett gets chance.

Andre Roberts signs for peanuts.

TE.

Sterling signs for peanuts 

Herndon

OL.

1st round pick on bpa OL.

High price FA on left side. (12M)

spencer Long

3rd round pick on the other guard

Brandon Shell 

DL.

FAT.

Mclendon 1-6

SHEP.

ANDERSON signs for 3-25

NO WILLIAMS.

LB

LEE

AVERY

JENKINS

COPELAND

LUVU

high priced fa (3-50M)

CB

Johnson

Claiborne (1-7)

Nickerson

S

Adams

Maye 

wilcox

Middleton

Spent about 78M. 

Have about 30M to fill up with bums and carry some over to next year. Your welcome. And yes I could pick the RB too once we get to April. I will defer to others for the OL picks.

it took me 16 minutes

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Except they aren’t 3-0....they are 1-1-1 and that win came against the SOJ. So I’d say they are still the Browns

7 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

And I just did a bit of research and realized that the jets will actually have in the vicinity of 130M after cutting Beachum and Winters in the offseason. 

So yes, next year could be the beginning of some nice FA acquisitions. Just pray that they do it right, for once.

They will wait until we have replacements for these positions or we need the cap space that cutting them would save us. That is something I do agree with, there is a chance we can’t land enough FAs to use all our cap space, at that point I’d have no problem holding onto Beachum/Winters for depth even if they’d be overpaid.

I’m about to fix em for next year. In 10 minutes or less on my phone. Here we go.
cap space starts over 105 million (no Leonard Williams)
QB. 
Darnold. 
RB
Crowell still under contract
Powell resigns for 6M.
3rd round draft pick speedy boi.
WR
ENUNWA signs long term 5-70M.
KEARSE gets 1 year 6M.
Anderson gets the RFA tender 3M
We poach Simmie Cobbs from Redskins staff. 
Deontay Burnett gets chance.
Andre Roberts signs for peanuts.
TE.
Sterling signs for peanuts 
Herndon
OL.
1st round pick on bpa OL.
High price FA on left side. (12M)
spencer Long
3rd round pick on the other guard
Brandon Shell 
DL.
FAT.
Mclendon 1-6
SHEP.
ANDERSON signs for 3-25
NO WILLIAMS.
LB
LEE
AVERY
JENKINS
COPELAND
LUVU
high priced fa (3-50M)
CB
Johnson
Claiborne (1-7)
Nickerson
S
Adams
Maye 
wilcox
Middleton
Spent about 78M. 
Have about 30M to fill up with bums and carry some over to next year. Your welcome. And yes I could pick the RB too once we get to April. I will defer to others for the OL picks.
it took me 16 minutes
Easy to fill in holes with "high prices fa" who would they be? Who would you target? Would they come here over another team seeing as there are 32 teams in free agency? At wr you have us at more of the same which doesn't make us better and you are leaving us with a major hole. And why not see what Williams demands before kicking him to the curb? What if he doesn't want to be the highest paid dl in the league? Will probably be better and could even be cheaper than your "fat"

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Easy to fill in holes with "high prices fa" who would they be? Who would you target? Would they come here over another team seeing as there are 32 teams in free agency? At wr you have us at more of the same which doesn't make us better and you are leaving us with a major hole. And why not see what Williams demands before kicking him to the curb? What if he doesn't want to be the highest paid dl in the league? Will probably be better and could even be cheaper than your "fat"

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Got no beef bud, but we’re all brainwashed into thinking this is soooo hard. It’s really not. It’s a stressful job and there are bad breaks and the press is rough, but there are dozens of player evaluation systems, eyes are helpful too. Of course they miss from time to time.

I’m happy to provide responses and will do so shortly.

12 hours ago, nico002 said:

We could have easily lucked into being 3-0, would our culture have been changed?

And LOL at the browns culture having been changed after three games-

The Jets culture will never change because it stems from our pathetic fans 

This bullsh*t made me laugh right here. Yeah its the fans fault. Finally someone has figured it out. So what to do you ask? Fire the Fans? Move the team to a new city so they can get new fans? Only allow fans into the Stadium who promise not to boo? No beer sales at all? Only serve vegan food at the concession stands? A mandatory mass yoga class at half-time? Gender neutral bathrooms? An online quiz to prove you are worthy to watch a Jet Game based on your answers?

How about you put a product on the field that doesn't stink up the joint? How about players play the game and not make infantile undisciplined mistakes that cost the team on the field? How about a Coaching staff with a zero tolerance for petty sh*t? How about players acting like the pro's they are paid to be? This is supposed to be a Professional Football Team not a circus. Players make mistakes. What we saw on Thursday Night was undisciplined nonsense that the HC is responsible for. Yet the Fans are the problem? GTFOH.

13 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

speculative nonsense

OL: Kalil/Iupati/Paradis is a start. Guard is really not that hard to fill. I admit I am not a OL person. Keep in mind it’s september and the high rated players will be shuffling and getting injured.

Apparently the following will be FA in 2019. Decent names on there and that’s just the first bunch

82839F26-6BAD-48A2-94DC-1CDFDBFDD7F5.png

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

This bullsh*t made me laugh right here. Yeah its the fans fault. Finally someone has figured it out. So what to do you ask? Fire the Fans? Move the team to a new city so they can get new fans? Only allow fans into the Stadium who promise not to boo? No beer sales at all? Only serve vegan food at the concession stands? A mandatory mass yoga class at half-time? Gender neutral bathrooms? An online quiz to prove you are worthy to watch a Jet Game based on your answers?

How about you put a product on the field that doesn't stink up the joint? How about players play the game and not make infantile undisciplined mistakes that cost the team on the field? How about a Coaching staff with a zero tolerance for petty sh*t? How about players acting like the pro's they are paid to be? This is supposed to be a Professional Football Team not a circus. Players make mistakes. What we saw on Thursday Night was undisciplined nonsense that the HC is responsible for. Yet the Fans are the problem? GTFOH.

This X 100000

Archived