The Most Important Post-Game Quote You'll Ever Read

Doggin94it

13 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

https://nypost.com/2018/10/14/the-moment-sam-darnold-saved-jets-year-and-maybe-bowles-job/

If the staff really gets this - if this is really the mentality from here on out - then everything changes.  Everything.

Welcome to today's NFL, Todd.  It's nice here.

Maybe Todd finally realized that unemployment was NEAR and he let the kids play.  No more punting form the 50  when it's 4th and 1???  Hard to believe

With 2 minutes to go after the pick the offense should have just run the ball and chewed up clock

they got lucky that luck missed the easy TD pass after that

I will say it was nice to see them rundown the field with awareness and clock it without a penalty

I don't think Bowles is against trying to score, his offense was very aggressive in the overtime win vs the cheaters, I think he hasn't trusted his offense a lot recently

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Here's what I don't get here at Jet Nation. Bowles team did well his first year. I wasn't a member here then, but I'll assume everyone was happy, except for the last game. The second year it became apparent that 1st year was fools gold, and the team was broken up. Last year, with a roster that was picked to be the worst in the NFL, the Jets won 5 games. Pretty good job by the coach I thought, the team played hard. This year, the 2nd of the rebuild, we are 3-3, have a 21 year old QB in place, getting better each week it seems. We have a lot of nice young players improving as they learn, and some nice surprises this year like Herndon, Crowell, Claiborne, and Anderson. Looks like we got a good LB and hopefully a #1 CB in the offseason. The OL is playing better then we thought they would. We have a ton of cap room for next year. This sounds like a pretty good situation to me for any organization, and you'd think the fan base would be happy, or at least optimistic. Instead, all you hear is "Fire Bowles", "the D sucks" "we need this, we need that... but FIRE BOWLES!!!" Personally, I root for us to win every week, and I'm curious to see the reaction here this season if it looks like we can get 7 or more wins. This would mean Bowles is back next year. Will the anti-Bowles people here want us to win games come November and December, or will they want us to lose in hopes of him getting fired? This place has a lot of knowledgeable fans, but it also has a strange dynamic, where you almost have to be negative to be one of the "smart kids".

Get used to it, deal with it or get out. I’m a glass half full guy. I support the Jets, players and coaches for the most part, most of the time. This board is full of opinions for fun and entertainment purposes. I find it very amusing and enjoyable actually. You’ll get to know the personalities around here. One thing we all have in common is that no matter how much we love, hate, bitch or praise..... we’re all Jet fans. It’s the glue that keeps this forum together. Don’t try to understand, just go with it.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  It's a "body of work" thing. 

The Jets haven't been to a Super Bowl in my lifetime.  So yes, the "smart kids", or realists, are negative when it comes to this team and its prospects.  Much better than saying everything is awesome when it rarely is with this franchise.  And this regime hasn't proven to be much different than the ones that have come before it. 

It doesn't mean we're not Jets fans, it means we've accepted a simple truth:  This franchise mostly sucks.  Maybe it'll get better, but the history hasn't supported that for some time. 

Yep, he seemed to be focused on Bowles, and there is enough evidence of ineptitude just for those guys, but on generational scale this team has been a dumpster fire. Even the few times we looked like legitimate SB contenders, most notably 1998, what happens? We go to Denver and fumble the ball 4 times losing all of them on top of 2 INTs?  Atlanta was waiting for us in the SB (a team we had creamed earlier in the season) . And next season we come in as SB contenders but lose Testeverde for the year in week 1 on a non contact injury and at year end we lose Parcells as HC followed immediately by Belichick resigning and joining the Pats and we've been paying ever since

Namath deal with the devil is the only explanation.

3 hours ago, CTM said:

The last 2 games have been fun, but it's only 2 out of 54 games. 54 games in which the Bowles/Mac tandem have presented an entirely underwhelming product. Heck, it was only 2 weeks ago that we were on a 3 game losing streak and coming off an ugly 6 quarters of football against the Browns and Jags.

It's not being negative or a "smart kid" to evaluate the whole rather than the recent.  I'm 100% certain if this current run keeps going Bowles will win back the fans, but history would seem to suggest they are going to lay an egg soon. Lets hope not.

When you finish with that please GFY. Thanks. 

16 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

With Rex and now Bowles, the Jets have always played scared as the clock ticks down.  With Darnold so far so good.  Even when there was good cause and I half expected it and half dreaded it, I've not seem him play scared AT ANY TIME or at any place on the field.  This is a day and night difference for us!    

I assume you didn't watch the Browns game. Now I won't say it was Darnold necessarily playing scared but the offensive gameplan  certainly screamed that.

13 hours ago, j4jets said:

Watch him punt it from the midfield on 4th n short , down 2 scores with 5 minutes left in the game. 

Exactly at the game yesterday when Reich went for it on 4th with like 5 minutes left , my brother and I said to each other what would have Bowles done there.

38 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I'm not buying it. This team went into conservative mode again in the second half and repeatedly settled for field goals instead of pressing the issue and killing the game off.

whatever you do , dont trust what your eyes tell you...    believe hype, thats the ticket...

11 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I love the zone blocking run game). 

Now imagine the most patient RB in NFL history, and who is top 5 talent at the position, and currently in his prime as the RB for the Jets in this scheme!

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You have to set a tone by not going into a shell every time you get a lead. 

So this!

And contrary to belief Bowles is as aggressive as they come as a D play caller, most of the time his defensive calls, and play designs are to show a defensive look that will bait the QB, or put his players in a spot to make a big play IE getting a turnover, this will lead to a lot of big plays against when the O catches up to your defensive calls, or the players are not making the plays, and it isn’t always via blitzing, explains the off man coverages on blitzes giving his db’s a chance to read the play, and jump the route, he thought the best D strategy against Mayfield was to drop in coverage, bait him to throw into coverage, Baker picked it apart, it was the wrong strategy, Bowles biggest issue is his stubbornness, he refuses to adjust when it’s clear his game plan was either wrong, or needs to change after opposition made adjustments.  Also he quits when it’s ugly early, shows no fight, and way to conservative offensive philosophy, if the Jets played offense the way they played defense every play would have double go routes on the outside trying to bait the defense into 1 on 1 matchups on deep shots like the defense try’s to bait the QB into a turnover.

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

I'm not buying it. This team went into conservative mode again in the second half and repeatedly settled for field goals instead of pressing the issue and killing the game off.

Did this all game, ZERO of the red zone failure was on Darnold either, he was 3-4 with a TD inside the RZ, and his only incomplete pass inside the RZ was the spike with :03 left to stop the clock before the half to get the FG.  Bowles played it way to close to the vest inside the RZ, maybe if he doesn’t Darnold throws an INT, or 2, or maybe he throws 2 more TD’s, but here lies the problem you will never know until you take the training wheels off, and find out by letting him be more aggressive down there, I get Bowles wants to win games, and it’s the right move to win, but it’s not the right move for Sam’s development which this year should trump everything else.

23 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Now imagine the most patient RB in NFL history, and who is top 5 talent at the position, and currently in his prime as the RB for the Jets in this scheme!

Bell and Crowell in this run scheme, with a hopefully upgraded OL (they’ve been damn good with what they got this year, but we need 2-3 spots upgraded for the long term) would make this the most dynamic offense we’ve had in long time.

Archived