Mangini's press conference

Boozer76

I gotta admit he sounds very nervous. 5 years ago Herm's introductory press conference was like a church sermon and he definately got people fired up, including me. Mangini definately isn't the speaker that Herm was.

But the bottom line was Herm talked the talk, but couldn't walk the walk. Mangini certainly can't talk the talk yet, but hopefully he will walk the walk.

He's not a polished speaker, but isn't it nice to hear some straight talk for a change?

I'm a fan, already.

yea I've had enough of the opposite I want action not just words-you PLAY to WIN THE GAME and then play to not lose-I'm ready for some new blood and we got it-still a little nervous about Bradway's input

I got swamped with work at 3:45 & missed the PC. What did he basically say?

Non committal on Chad till he talks with both Penny and the Doctors.

Was sensitive to the need to clear up the Assistants situatation ASAP.

Said he called every defensive play in NE.

Stated he would be a hard worker and would have input on the defense including play calling.

Said he'd play a 2-6 defense if it gave the team the best chance of winning.

Claimed he and BB had no riff upon him accepting the JET job.

I watched the entire think on YES Network and I personally was standing up cheering and got pumped. I really am pumped up / souped for next season already!

Not only is he a smart and nice guy but he's going to be a SOB (you can tell) to the players and coaching staff to win and he's polite to the media, maybe that's kissing ass, I don't know, but it was good to see in just his facial expressions that he is really excited and nervous, as anyone with a ******* passion for the game should be.

Mangini for President!

BTW, anyone catch Sean Deegan from JetsInsider's question? How the hell does he get in there? I want Max or GGG in there dammit!

I watched the entire think on YES Network and I personally was standing up cheering and got pumped. I really am pumped up / souped for next season already!

Not only is he a smart and nice guy but he's going to be a SOB (you can tell) to the players and coaching staff to win and he's polite to the media, maybe that's kissing a$$, I don't know, but it was good to see in just his facial expressions that he is really excited and nervous, as anyone with a farging passion for the game should be.

Mangini for President!

BTW, anyone catch Sean Deegan from JetsInsider's question? How the hell does he get in there? I want Max or GGG in there dammit!

Ya, his question was odd though.

Sean: Eric, can you tell me how I can get this 350 lb. growth off my ass?

Said he'd play a 2-6 defense if it gave the team the best chance of winning.

When the Pats went with the 2-6 last year in the Super Bowl against the Eagles, that was all Mangini.

BB made a remark how he didn't think it would work, but Magini convinced him otherwise.

Give me a HC that thinks out of the box like that and tries different things anyday of the week.

But what I can't understand is that Mangini has already been HC for a few hours now and PennyBoy is still on the roster. :shock:

When the Pats went with the 2-6 last year in the Super Bowl against the Eagles, that was all Mangini.

BB made a remark how he didn't think it would work, but Magini convinced him otherwise.

Give me a HC that thinks out of the box like that and tries different things anyday of the week.

But what I can't understand is that Mangini has already been HC for a few hours now and PennyBoy is still on the roster. :shock:

=D>

Well, he has to hire his assistants & then evaluate the personnel. At which point he'll say "and Herm let you play with your shoulder like that?!"

Like that in every interview he made a point when asked about the 3-4 that he wouldn't be wedded to a system, that he's more interested in running plays and schemes that best utilize the personnel. By comparison, Edwards couldn't crow enough about Tamps, Cover Who, WCO.

• 3 years later...

Interesting bump, Garb.

But if you're willing to recognize it, there is a distinct difference between the fans comments on Mangini and Rex.

For Mangini's PC, the posts concern a juxtaposition with Herm talking-the-talk vs. walking-the-walk and how Mangini was a smart coach while we learned that Herm was dumb.

smart vs. dumb.

Now with Rex's PC, the juxtaposition is with Rex being aggressive compared to Mangini being passive.

aggressive vs. passive.

So yes, Mangini was a smart HC as noted by these early PC posts, but he wasn't aggressive.

Mangini proved that a smart, passive HC cannot succeed. If Rex is a smart, aggressive HC, we believe he can.

Understand the distinction???

I just dug this up for my own amusement ;)

I'll tell you one thing. When Bill Belichick steps down as HC of the NEP - Jesus could be hired to replace him, and Mary and Joseph could be named the OC and DC - and Jesus could give the greatest PC of all time - there will be no excitement in Pastieland. Just tears - of sadness.

SMC - Smart versus Stupid. Aggressive versus Passive. What's next? Old school versus innovative?

I just dug this up for my own amusement ;)

I'll tell you one thing. When Bill Belichick steps down as HC of the NEP - Jesus could be hired to replace him, and Mary and Joseph could be named the OC and DC - and Jesus could give the greatest PC of all time - there will be no excitement in Pastieland. Just tears - of sadness.

LOL.

And what would Mary the OC's favorite play be?

Archived