And for those who wanted to wait for Dan Quinn

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

His team just lost to the Browns too. You will not convince me otherwise that Dan Quinn is basically the same as Todd Bowles. 

Quinn just got lucky that he landed with a team that was ready to win now and was stocked. Got to A Super Bowl and blew the biggest lead in Super Bowl history and has done nothing since 

To be fair, look into the amount of injuries the Falcons have faced this season...especially on defense. 

Todd Bowles is terrible, Dan Quinn is dealing with half his team on IR. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Remember when Todd Bowles took his team to the Super Bowl?  Man, that was awesome!!!!

No one has been as big a Bowles hater I called for him and Macc’s Head for over 2 years now I find both of them nauseating

But Quinn is no prize.  He inherited Ryan and Julio Jones and did the biggest choke job ever

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well, when in Rome...

We have not had a team that was favored to win the AFC title game and the Super Bowl. The Closest was 1998. I can live with losing to the Colts and Steelers because we probably would not have beaten the Saints and Packers.

Ever hear of an upset? You do realize they happen all of the time. Look no further than SuperBowl III. You're by far the strangest poster I've come across on messageboards over the years, and not in a good way.

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Coaches that take teams to Super Bowls but LOSE, are better than coaches that don’t take teams to Super Bowls. #unitedlogic

Quinn inherited Ryan and arguably the game’s best WR

Quinn probably has 3 straight 5-11 seasons here

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

**** upset. I want to be the dominant team

So you only want to go to a SuperBowl if we are favorites? What if the line is even?

You're really reinforcing my point about the latter half of my post.

Just now, RobR said:

So you only want to go to a SuperBowl if we are favorites? What if the line is even?

You're really reinforcing my point about the latter half of my post.

I would like to go to a Super Bowl confident that we can win, yes

To that I don't care. I know people who like me for who I am.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would like to go to a Super Bowl confident that we can win, yes

To that I don't care. I know people who like me for who I am.

Hell,  Right now I'd just be happy winning our division....something we've done twice since the AFC East became the AFC East. Not wanting to be in a Superbowl because you are underdogs is beyond ******* stupid. Just ask Giants fans when they upset the undefeated Patriots.

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well, when in Rome...

We have not had a team that was favored to win the AFC title game and the Super Bowl. The Closest was 1998. I can live with losing to the Colts and Steelers because we probably would not have beaten the Saints and Packers.

When we played the Packers in the regular season in 2011, Rex's defense forced Rodgers into one his worst QB rating of his career.  Anything was possible, I think it is reckless for you to count the Jets out when the Jets beat both Payton and Brady back to back on the road and was a drive away from beating Big ben. 

Just now, DRJETS said:

When we played the Packers in the regular season in 2011, Rex's defense forced Rodgers into one his worst QB rating of his career.  Anything was possible, I think it is reckless for you to count the Jets out when the Jets beat both Payton and Brady back to back on the road and was a drive away from beating Big ben. 

Rodgers was having a great postseason run. As I said the only Super Bowl we could have gone to that I would be confident we could win was 1998. Too bad they ran into a 14-2 Broncos team. IF Elway retired after the first Super Bowl, Jets would have won the Super Bowl that year.

54 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol who cares about Quinn sucking or the fact that people wanted to wait for him when they both winded up sucking! At least they got to a super bowl.  All of that is irrelevant. Bowles was/is the coach and his suckage is the main attraction so bringing up something from the past that doesn’t matter a lick as of today ... and more important making a thread out of it is ....

jesus United. I try to stick up for you more than anyone here and when I lend a hand you decide to just take a giant crap in it.?

smh...

You are wise beyond your years, PK

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rodgers was having a great postseason run. As I said the only Super Bowl we could have gone to that I would be confident we could win was 1998. Too bad they ran into a 14-2 Broncos team. IF Elway retired after the first Super Bowl, Jets would have won the Super Bowl that year.

I'm sure with two weeks to prepare Rex would had come up with something that Rodgers has not seen before.  That first afccg Rex only had a week to prepare and was only able to contain Payton for the first half.  

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Marcus Maye pick was absurd. The fact that he isn’t even good is fireable in itself.

Hey don’t forget that Maye was ALSO an “old” rookie” at 24 when he was drafted.  Maccagnan wants to be seen as some kind of savant.  His newest “old” rookie Nathan Shepherd has done total Jack this year.

I really can’t stand the sight of him and Bowles at this point.

One question to anyone who knows, what in Maccagnan’s bavkground at Houston suggested that he could be a GM in the NFL?  What players did he find?  Houston of course has yet to win a playoff game in their history.

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Hey don’t forget that Maye was ALSO an “old” rookie” at 24 when he was drafted.  Maccagnan wants to be seen as some kind of savant.  His newest “old” rookie Nathan Shepherd has done total Jack this year.

One question to anyone who knows, what in Maccagnan’s bavkground at Houston suggested that he could be a GM in the NFL?  What players did he find?  Houston of course has yet to win a playoff game in their history.

Um they've won 2 or 3 I think

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

It was 100% Casserleys call on bringing in Mac.....unfortunately Wolf went along with him. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

But that's what scares me about firing Mac. Woody went through the right process to get him. What if he abandons said process? But as I said, I have wavered on Mac a bit

This is entirely the point. He’s hired guys himself. He’s farmed it out to Korn Ferry. He’s brought in Old-School Football Men for advice. And he’s failed every single time. All we can hope for is that he falls ass-backwards into the right guys at some point. The first step to making that happen is firing the wrong guys at the first available opportunity.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bowles has had injuries too so I don’t think that’s equatable

Injuries compared to having many of your key starters out for the year isnt the same thing.

Kinda like a underwhelming 10 win season, and a handful of 5 win seasons isnt the same as a superbowl appearance.

You're going alittle overboard here

Bowles is closer to Hue Jackson than he is Dan Quinn. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

But that's what scares me about firing Mac. Woody went through the right process to get him. What if he abandons said process? But as I said, I have wavered on Mac a bit

Mac needs to go even more so than Bowles and that's saying a lot. He's been terrible at every single level of Gming including THEE most important part....Drafting!

I'd rather reach for the stars and come up short than allow this ******* idiot control over our roster for another year.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Mac needs to go even more so than Bowles and that's saying a lot. He's been terrible at every single level of Gming including THEE most important part....Drafting!

I'd rather reach for the stars and come up short than allow this ******* idiot control over our roster for another year.

I've wavered on him. I frankly dont care if he goes or stays. 

Archived