2018 METLIFE Experience

NYJ37/12

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sar?  That you?

LOL.  He is Mezz A corner.  His seats are in one of the lowest price PSL sections in the stadium.  In fact, they are no longer PSL seats.  The Jets converted Mezz A & B to non PSL last year (but they did not refund anyone who paid for them).  So if you want to sit in Mezz A next season, just call the Jets and you can get those seats sans PSL.  You might even luck out and get to sit behind SAR.  (Just don't vomit on him or his family, please.)

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  He is Mezz A corner.  His seats are in one of the lowest price PSL sections in the stadium.  In fact, they are no longer PSL seats.  The Jets converted Mezz A & B to non PSL last year (but they did not refund anyone who paid for them).  So if you want to sit in Mezz A next season, just call the Jets and you can get those seats sans PSL.  You might even luck out and get to sit behind SAR.  (Just don't vomit on him or his family, please.)

Supposedly he rarely attends games and sells out to opposing teams fans is what he said months ago pre-ban. 

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ya I downloaded the “obnoxious internet dbag” language pack from the App Store and now my auto correct makes changes like that and defaults to British spelling all without any effort on my part. It’s my favourite.

Ah, good to know they make software for people who can't spell and conjugate properly on their own. It's quite apparent the "app" does wonders for your posts. 

6 hours ago, Larz said:

I had the aisle seat for the colts game. Family of 4 right next to us. The 7th time I had to get up in the first half I offered to switch seats lol 

Much better after that 

Coming in the front entrance headed up to the 3rd level I practically got lost, very poor signage 

Otherwise it was OK. 

Sitting behind you and that damn viking helmet must suck.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I was wondering were Gata went........and Kelly......

Gata runs a 4.33/40. Did you guys know this? Found this out in the parking lot of a TGI Friday’s when I made the innocent observation that “those two for one margaritas weren’t free, you know.

4 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Well, nothing I can do about what goes on inside the stadium, although i can say that my section 123 seems pretty decent with regard to this issues. I do want to invite you to join the TailgateJoe party in the lot with your kid. I can promise at least your pregame experience will be great and make the overall gameday better. Plenty of my guests say each year that we are a huge reason why they continue to come to the game. Either way, i'd say wait at least one more year and see how the team shakes out with whatever changes this season, and get yourself transferred to another row.

Thank you and if I'm back I'll come over 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Mezzanine A corners are the best value/view seats in the stadium.  I have a better view than the Club seats a mere 8 feet to my left and my gameday prices and PSL costs are 50% less.  I don't like standing up/down all game like those on the Lower Level need to and I don't need the Club experience as food isn't important to me and I have Club parking anyway.  I had Mezzanine seats for a decade in Giants Stadium and for the past 9 years I am thrilled with my view and my experience in MetLife.

The Jets lumped the Mezzanine A corners in with the endzone seats and that was a mistake of theirs back in 2009 and it's a mistake of theirs today.  Those fortunate enough to sit there benefit with ticket price reductions necessary to move the seats between the goalposts yet we have a superior corner view and elevation that is superior to the Lower Level and the too-high-up Upper Deck.

SAR I

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Supposedly he rarely attends games and sells out to opposing teams fans is what he said months ago pre-ban. 

I attend games when it makes sense for my family and when it is enjoyable.

I do not sell tickets to opposing team's fans.  I list them on Stubhub where any one of the 20,000,000 natives in the NY Metro area can purchase them, often below face value.  If bandwagon fans like you choose not to buy them and they wind up in the hands of the oppositions fans, that's on you, not me.

SAR I

9 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

We have two seats in section 232A, normally a great section of Jets fans. This year, well lets just say it was slightly different.

First home game against the Dolphins a drunk girl threw up all over my son and I, great experience. BTW, she is still sitting behind me even though she was removed from the stadium on a stretcher. You would think she would lose her privilege for at least the year.

Last game against the Packers an idiot decided to spray us all with beer, good times. Who also was allowed back to his seat after about one quarter. Can't make this stuff up.

In between that was just an assortment of crap that season ticket holders or any fan should have to deal with. From fans in your row getting up to purchase beer and use the bathroom no less than ten times a game ( I have the aisle seat), to the new "drunk" girl who sits behind me and wont shut up the entire game. 

Between the Jets sucking, the refs fixing these games and the fans just ruining an already bad day, I'm on the fence with going back.

I know there are more important things happening with the Jets, but I just wanted to share this.

You had an unfortunate couple of experiences which is not representative of 232A.  In all 9 seasons we've been there it's been a peaceful and family-friendly section.  The fans adjacent and behind me for Rows 1-3 are the same since Day 1 in 2010 and those immediately behind me always bring cookies for the kids and are great people I consider friends.

Whether you stay in 232A or leave for another section, 2019 would be the wrong year to bail on the Jets as a season ticket holder.  Sam Darnold looks to be the real deal, Bowles is going to be replaced with someone legitimate, and the Patriot menace will soon be ending.  2020-2030 are going to be great years to be a Jets fan.  Hang in there.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I attend games when it makes sense for my family and when it is enjoyable.

I do not sell tickets to opposing team's fans.  I list them on Stubhub where any one of the 20,000,000 natives in the NY Metro area can purchase them, often below face value.  If bandwagon fans like you choose not to buy them and they wind up in the hands of the oppositions fans, that's on you, not me.

SAR I

I am from a bandwagon fan you know that. 

WELCOME BACK BUDDY!!!!!!!!!  I knew I could lure you out of hiding, hope is all well with you and the family. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I am from a bandwagon fan you know that. 

WELCOME BACK BUDDY!!!!!!!!!  I knew I could lure you out of hiding, hope is all well with you and the family.

Thank you, and have a Happy New Year.

2019 will be a wildcard year.  2020 we win the division.  You'll be getting season tickets I assume?

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You'll be getting season tickets I assume?

SAR I my neighbor has 8 tickets I can just about go every week for free if I so choose. 

I have been thinking about the corner MEZZ or Toyota Cub seats and guess what NO PSL REQUIRED!!!!!!!!  

Big year coming up for me 2019 going to retire at 55 so I need to check my finances as i'm still paying down my daughters student loan. 

Thanks for your concern. 

It would be nice if they made lines to enter the stadium for fans using their rewards cards.  Nothing frustrates me more than an opposing team fan who can’t load their tickets on their phone and I’m stuck behind them.  

That or they should have CLEAR lines offered at each gate like Yankee stadium has.  It’s been a huge time saver for me when attending Yankees games.  

The experience in general has continued to go down the tubes.   Too many transients.   

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Mezzanine A corners are the best value/view seats in the stadium.  I have a better view than the Club seats a mere 8 feet to my left and my gameday prices and PSL costs are 50% less.  I don't like standing up/down all game like those on the Lower Level need to and I don't need the Club experience as food isn't important to me and I have Club parking anyway.  I had Mezzanine seats for a decade in Giants Stadium and for the past 9 years I am thrilled with my view and my experience in MetLife.

The Jets lumped the Mezzanine A corners in with the endzone seats and that was a mistake of theirs back in 2009 and it's a mistake of theirs today.  Those fortunate enough to sit there benefit with ticket price reductions necessary to move the seats between the goalposts yet we have a superior corner view and elevation that is superior to the Lower Level and the too-high-up Upper Deck.

SAR I

Welcome back. 

I moved to row 1this year and I see what you like about it. 

I prefer the club section just because my son is still young and want him to have a place to get warm if he gets cold. 

I've come to the realization that this is just the crap you have to deal with at sports events in America now. It's the same way everywhere you go in almost any sport. Human beings live to just get absolutely piss drunk, disorderly, and completely trash their surroundings. At team sports events it seems to be even worse because people feel like they belong to something, as if they're part of the team; so they get way too drunk and sometimes emotional. You see it at live fights too when nationalities play a big role in the identity of the fighters (i.e. Conor v Khabib). Fights happen, yelling...etc. It's mostly why I stay home and watch on TV now.

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ha.  I knew I could bring you out on the stage!  How are you, man?

52 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I my neighbor has 8 tickets I can just about go every week for free if I so choose. 

I have been thinking about the corner MEZZ or Toyota Cub seats and guess what NO PSL REQUIRED!!!!!!!!  

Big year coming up for me 2019 going to retire at 55 so I need to check my finances as i'm still paying down my daughters student loan. 

Thanks for your concern.

I could care less if others can have seats without a PSL.  It didn't cost me real money and if it helps other Jets fans on a budget get a good view I'm happy for them.

I'm around your age with 3 still to go through college but we planned nicely with 529's and my kids will be paying down a portion of their educations via student loans themselves.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm around your age with 3 still to go through college but we planned nicely with 529's and my kids will be paying down a portion of their educations via student loans themselves.

SAR I

Lucky you!!!!!!

I spent a lot of money on NY Jets season tickets for 23 years would have put a nice dent in the student loans. 

38 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

It would be nice if they made lines to enter the stadium for fans using their rewards cards.  Nothing frustrates me more than an opposing team fan who can’t load their tickets on their phone and I’m stuck behind them.  

That or they should have CLEAR lines offered at each gate like Yankee stadium has.  It’s been a huge time saver for me when attending Yankees games.  

The experience in general has continued to go down the tubes.   Too many transients.   

Agreed, the Jets do a great job but the stadium operations staff needs a lot of work, especially at the point of entry and the clogged gates and escalators.  I like your idea of an express line for rewards card use only, it would really speed things up for those of us who use those instead of the app.

Transients are plentiful because we are one of the worst franchises in the NFL the past two seasons.  Chiefs, Falcons, Vikings, Packers, Broncos, and Colts fanbases travel extremely well and were all featured in New York in good weather the past two years not to mention the Dolphins and Patriots fans, so it's been exaggerated vs other seasons.

That's all about to change.  Playoffs next year or very close to it.  Dominance thereafter.  Fewer non-Jets fans as a result.

SAR I

45 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Welcome back.

I moved to row 1this year and I see what you like about it. 

I prefer the club section just because my son is still young and want him to have a place to get warm if he gets cold. 

Thanks.  Row 1 is very nice as there is no one deciding when you need to sit or stand.  The unobstructed view rocks too, of course.

Mezz Club's have the best view, and I'd move there now if Row 1's became available if not for the fans around me in 232A who really make the experience very enjoyable.  When we win the AFC Championship Game and my tears are hitting the cement in MetLife it'll be those around us who will get and give the hugs and I don't want to lose that.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agreed, the Jets do a great job but the stadium operations staff needs a lot of work, especially at the point of entry and the clogged gates and escalators.  I like your idea of an express line for rewards card use only, it would really speed things up for those of us who use those instead of the app.

Transients are plentiful because we are one of the worst franchises in the NFL the past two seasons.  Chiefs, Falcons, Vikings, Packers, Broncos, and Colts fanbases travel extremely well and were all featured in New York in good weather the past two years not to mention the Dolphins and Patriots fans, so it's been exaggerated vs other seasons.

That's all about to change.  Playoffs next year or very close to it.  Dominance thereafter.  Fewer non-Jets fans as a result.

SAR I

Don't start blowing yourself just yet. Important games means a higher resale value.

41 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I've come to the realization that this is just the crap you have to deal with at sports events in America now. It's the same way everywhere you go in almost any sport. Human beings live to just get absolutely piss drunk, disorderly, and completely trash their surroundings. At team sports events it seems to be even worse because people feel like they belong to something, as if they're part of the team; so they get way too drunk and sometimes emotional. You see it at live fights too when nationalities play a big role in the identity of the fighters (i.e. Conor v Khabib). Fights happen, yelling...etc. It's mostly why I stay home and watch on TV now.

This is all true, and in the past this rowdy, drunken behavior has been confined to the cheap seats in the upper deck.

But when you're as bad as the Cleveland Browns and your tickets are $25 everywhere in the stadium it allows those young rowdy types free reign to bring their disgusting act to the lower levels and disrupt the rest of us.

That all changes in the next few years.  We start playing winning football again, order is restored again.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.  Row 1 is very nice as there is no one deciding when you need to sit or stand.  The unobstructed view rocks too, of course.

Mezz Club's have the best view, and I'd move there now if Row 1's became available if not for the fans around me in 232A who really make the experience very enjoyable.  When we win the AFC Championship Game and my tears are hitting the cement in MetLife it'll be those around us who will get and give the hugs and I don't want to lose that.

SAR I

My son is eight so nobody in front of him really makes it enjoyable for him.  I like it also but the crowd is transient this year.  Hopefully gets a bit better next decade with Sam. 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is all true, and in the past this rowdy, drunken behavior has been confined to the cheap seats in the upper deck.

But when you're as bad as the Cleveland Browns and your tickets are $25 everywhere in the stadium it allows those young rowdy types free reign to bring their disgusting act to the lower levels and disrupt the rest of us.

That all changes in the next few years.  We start playing winning football again, order is restored again.

SAR I

You're banking on the idea that even if the Jets get good, it'll be the loyal, nonviolent upper-lower class peeps that flood the stadium and sip on a few glasses of wine. Experience with other teams in other cities says different. Success breeds people who are going to want to go to the game, pretend they've been fans the entire time, and absolutely annihilate themselves while spilling booze all over the place. You're putting way too much stock in humanity.

Archived