2019-2020 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

32EBoozer

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You have to give Chili Davis the Mets new hitting coach credit. He’s got this offense rolling. And Alonso pretty consistently productive and big time power as a rookie. 

Conforto has been carrying them of late but Rosario has just been unconscious since the all star break. 

Hitting about .380 I think. 

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Conforto has been carrying them of late but Rosario has just been unconscious since the all star break. 

Hitting about .380 I think. 

You just have to wonder what would be happening if relief pitching wasn’t killing this team. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

George Foster was a Free Agent signing

Oops, good catch SD. I remembered the Fregosi-Ryan trade, but drew a real blank with Foster.

Actually I'm being to kind to myself by saying I drew a blank. Now that I'm typing this, I remember what I did. Because I'm an idiot, I remembered he came from the Reds, but I mixed up Foster with the Seaver trade. aaagh, that's so bad on my part. Trying now to remember (without google, lol) who we got back then for Tom. I recall Doug Flynn, Steve Henderson, and a RP named George Frazier? I think I'm forgetting a guy though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Oops, good catch SD. I remembered the Fregosi-Ryan trade, but drew a real blank with Foster.

Actually I'm being to kind to myself by saying I drew a blank. Now that I'm typing this, I remember what I did. Because I'm an idiot, I remembered he came from the Reds, but I mixed up Foster with the Seaver trade. aaagh, that's so bad on my part. Trying now to remember (without google, lol) who we got back then for Tom. I recall Doug Flynn, Steve Henderson, and a RP named George Frazier? I think I'm forgetting a guy though.

Pat Zachry (no google).

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

good job, yep, that's the guy.

Just curious, did you remember the other 3 also?

I remembered Flynn and Henderson.  The 4th guy was Dan Norman, not Frazier.  I remember Norman the player, but did not realize he came over in that deal/

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I remembered Flynn and Henderson.  The 4th guy was Dan Norman, not Frazier.  I remember Norman the player, but did not realize he came over in that deal/

Yeah, I remember him now too. I had Frazier mixed up with Zachry. Frazier was with the Yanks I think. Damn, I used to know this stuff. LOL

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I believe he already has the NL record, not sure how many he needs to set all time record though.

Mark McGuire I think. Don't quote me on it though. I'm screwing up left and right trying to remember s**t in this thread.:dohslap:

EDIT ...and boom!!! As soon as I post this, you say its Judge. I give up, lol

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You just have to wonder what would be happening if relief pitching wasn’t killing this team. 

You really don't have to wonder too hard. Just look up Diaz's numbers. I said the other night, he's single handedly cost us a playoff spot this year. I don't think we're as good as Atlanta but we'd be breathing down their neck if Diaz was in Rikers. Which is where he should be, because he's been killing us..

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I thought I read Judge hit 52. I could be mistaken. 

This is correct.  52 is the target and Alonzo is almost exactly on that pace.  Still, as Boozer said, this, right now is all about making the playoffs.  The starting pitchers had a bit of a rough patch last week.  Let's hope they turn it around.  We need to get back to our putting up a 3-spot in the first inning ways and riding the starter into the 8th with enough of a lead to hold off the inevitable bullpen mess.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, faba said:

38 games left 24 at home where we have played much better than the road. But tougher teams in most of those 38. Need Mcneil back to balance that lineup

Clev, Braves, Cubs, Phillies, Nats, Phillies, Dbacks, Dodgers, Rockies, Reds, Marlins, Braves.

The wildcard dreams will be gone mid Sept. and the team will finish below .500.  

Sorry, I just have no faith in a hard fought close game vs. good teams.  And we're going to be in for a ton of them over the next 5 series. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Clev, Braves, Cubs, Phillies, Nats, Phillies, Dbacks, Dodgers, Rockies, Reds, Marlins, Braves.

Sorry, I just have no faith in a hard fought close game vs. good teams.  And we're going to be in for a ton of them over the next 5 series. 

Ugghh!! That is a daunting lineup of teams! We have 7 remaining with Phillies and 6 against Nats! Need to win 3/4 of those games, Beat up on Reds, Marlins and Rockies and try and go combined 3-6 vs. Indians and Dodgers. Need to be even with Atlanta.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

What a killjoy !!!! 

LETS GO METS !!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2019 at 5:49 PM, 14 in Green said:

good job, yep, that's the guy.

Just curious, did you remember the other 3 also?

6/15/77: worst day in Mets history. Fans from back then talk about where they were when they heard it like 9/11 or the Kennedy Assassination 

Took 7 years to (almost) recover from it .. almost but not quite yet :(

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, faba said:

38 games left 24 at home where we have played much better than the road. But tougher teams in most of those 38. Need Mcneil back to balance that lineup

Need Diaz to recover some of what he was

Without that … ferrgitabouddit

meanwhile, I get to go to tomorrow night's game late in August with the team still in the hunt

well just like LOTTO, Hey you never know ! (except I haven't won lottery … yet)

• Haha 1

This team has been playing great at home this year. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I think they have about 28 more home games, and 14 on the road? The schedule sets up well.

Nimmo is about a week away, and Lowrie is back taking hacks in St. Lucie. Just get the Squirrel back, and I think we're going to pull this off!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

This is becoming fun. 

Alonso Conforto Rosario hell even Panick is pitching in. 

Yup.  3 in a row.  Just gotta win series at this point.

This is the kind of season that can be really special.  Low expectations, awful first half, and out of nowhere the team comes together and starts winning.  Rosario has developed into the player we all hoped he would be a couple of years ago, Conforto as really stepped it up since the Break.  And what can you say about Alonso and his record breaking season.  ROY lock and MVP candidate.  JD Davis just keeps hitting.  Add in McNeil and Nimmo who both should be back soon, and that is a real nice young offensive core.

And while we have all been killing BVW for the Cano deal (and rightfully so) how about some credit for acquiring Davis from the Astros.  Who saw that one coming.  Great deal for the Mets.  We would not be in contention without Davis' bat.

Looking forward to a night or two at Citi field when I come in for JN outing in Sept.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, JiF said:

Is anyone really scared by the Phillies, now? Their pitching staff is Nola, and the number 2 is some guy named Vargas.

If the Mets can't win against the Phillies, they deserve a WC spot.

23 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  3 in a row.  Just gotta win series at this point.

This is the kind of season that can be really special.  Low expectations, awful first half, and out of nowhere the team comes together and starts winning.  Rosario has developed into the player we all hoped he would be a couple of years ago, Conforto as really stepped it up since Break.  And what can you say about Alonso and his record breaking season.  ROY look and MVP candidate.  JD Davis just keeps hitting.  Add in McNeil and Nimmo who soth should be back soon, and that is a real nice young offensive core.

And while we have all been killing BVW for the Cano deal (and rightfully so) how about some credit for acquiring Davis from the Astros.  Who saw that one coming.  Great deal for the Mets.  We would not be in contention without Davis' bat.

Looking forward to a night or two at Citi field when I come in for JN outing in Sept.

The Cano injury hurt us.... he was just starting to produce consistently. That being said he has been a great influence on Rosario! Watching the game last night and seeing Cano & Rosie laughing and talking made me appreciate Cano despite the contract. Even Raji Davis was a nice veteran pickup.

McNeil will be back soon. Nimmo & Lowrie getting close..... maybe in time for the Braves series?

6 games vs. Braves; 6 games vs. Philly; 3 games vs. Nats. That's your WC right there if we dominate.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The Cano injury huet us.... he was just starting to produce consistently. That being said he has been a great influence on Rosario! Watching the game last night and seeing Cano & Rosie laughing and talking made me appreciate Cano despite the contract. Even Raji Davis was a nice veteran pickup.

McNeil will be back soon. Nimmo & Lowrie getting close..... maybe in time for the Braves series?

6 games vs. Braves; 6 games vs. Philly; 3 games vs. Nats. That's your WC right there if we dominate.

Love seeing Cano in the dugout or coming out to greet HRs guys and talking to all the youngsters and being the vet presence.