JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bleh. I violated one of my central philosophies regarding receivers; that the 40 time is almost irrelevant because it’s such an instincts-based position. It gets proven time and again. That said, Giants needed a guy to complement Golden Tate and Sterling Shepard, so I basically went for the fastest dude I could find. I drafted that other guy last year who went to the Packers and dropped everything thrown his way, too, so at least I’m consistent 

Hopefully you do know that most people on this board, not myself, hate the NYG. You're doing too good a job of drafting for them. Really like your picks so far. I might have gone for Jonah over Taylor with your 1st pick but then again Jonah's a Bama boy so I lean that way.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

If a guy goes 10th and you picked him 20th, that is 10 points.  You pick him 10th and he goes 30.  That is -20.  Add it up and declare a winner.

Aren't there bonus points if you pick the right player to team or to actual draft position - something like that?

it's basically a comparison of where you picked your players to where they go in the real draft in April.  The closer your picks are to where they really got selected, the better your score. 
Some people really pay attention to this and it's a big deal to them.  Me?  Don't care.  I don't draft in the mock in order to win that game.  Not why I do this.

Ok cool. That’s great. I can’t wait to waste a
Week of my life stumblin and bumblin through the mathematics of it all during the actual draft. I’ll have it all wrong and look to see what you guys have anyway but I’ll end up doing it. lol

I’m actually happy I didn’t know that. I may have been tainted by it. At the moment I’m picking the best team I can for the $hit head Vikings. F those guys in real life!!

My draft will be significantly better than whatever nonsense they put together.

Do trades get factored in at all? Like the number of trades and how well you did with point value and all that?

Thanks man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Aren't there bonus points if you pick the right player to team or to actual draft position - something like that?

Yup.  Last year I think I added bonsu points for anyone mocked in right spot in draft &/or to correct team.

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Week of my life stumblin and bumblin through the mathematics of it all during the actual draft. I’ll have it all wrong and look to see what you guys have anyway but I’ll end up doing it. lol

I’m actually happy I didn’t know that. I may have been tainted by it. At the moment I’m picking the best team I can for the $hit head Vikings. F those guys in real life!!

Do trades get factored in at all? Like the number of trades and how well you did with point value and all that?

Thanks man.

Same for me.

Lith would better be able to describe the how the points are affected by trades and other things.  I have no clue.  

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I think the lack of 20 pgs of argument regarding a certain team trading back has a lot to do with how things seems so much better this year.

:rl:

I got the Jets Mayfield in rd 1 and Sony Michel in Rd 2.   I guess I should have stayed at pick #3 and not traded back so that I would have drafted Mayfield in Rd 1 and nobody in round 2 and everyone, (namely the troll who wouldn't stop complaining about it) would have been happier.   

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Thanks man.

All I do is look at where you picked a guy vs where he goes in the real draft next month.  So if you traded from 30 to 40 and picked a guy who goes 35 in the real NFL draft, you get 5 points.  If you picked the same guy at 30, you would get -5 since he went later than you picked him in the real thing.

Problem with this method is that it assumes that the real NFL GMs know what they are doing.  I won a few years ago when I picked Breshad Perriman in the 4th or 5th round.  Was worth 100+ points when Ozzie took him in the first.  The pick sucked, but it helped me win the draft. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Thanks man.

On top of what Dcat said -- 

the way to really clean up in this game when a player you picked in the 5th round (for example) ends up getting picked in the 2nd.... that's the equivalent double jeopardy... but the door swings both ways. You pick a player in the 4th and he ends up Undrafted.... *torpedo*

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

All I do is look at where you picked a guy vs where he goes in the real draft next month.  So if you traded from 30 to 40 and picked a guy who goes 35 in the real NFL draft, you get 5 points.  If you picked the same guy at 30, you would get -5 since he went later than you picked him in the real thing.

Problem with this method is that it assumes that the real NFL GMs know what they are doing.  I won a few years ago when I picked Breshad Perriman in the 4th or 5th round.  Was worth 100+ points when Ozzie took him in the first.  The pick sucked, but it helped me win the draft. 

Just pick all of macs picks and make out like a bandit.  NATHAN Shepard!  Chad Hansen! Ardarius Stewart!

Got it. That’s pretty great actually. So there isn’t any bonus points if you made a trade and received 100 pts of chart value. Its strictly the player himself and where he was picked whether or not a trade took place. Got it.

Thanks for the info. Like I said I didn’t even know we could win which is probably for the better. I’m just building a team the way I’d want it built.

Thanks again.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Thanks man.

No need to do it yourself.  I do all the calculations after the NFL draft is over.  Just map the real NFL picks into our spreadsheet and calculate points.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On top of what Dcat said -- 
the way to really clean up in this game when a player you picked in the 5th round (for example) ends up getting picked in the 2nd.... that's the equivalent double jeopardy... but the door swings both ways. You pick a player in the 4th and he ends up Undrafted.... *torpedo*

Got it. Our board is not shaping up the way I think the real draft will go so I’m taking guys I think may slide down a bit more in real life. I’m very happy with them in our draft though. I just don’t see Jenkins going as early as I took him. Never know though.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Got it. Our board is not shaping up the way I think the real draft will go so I’m taking guys I think may slide down a bit more in real life. I’m very happy with them in our draft though. I just don’t see Jenkins going as early as I took him. Never know though.

Don't overemphasize the points; just pick who you are going to pick.

A few years ago, I just thought it would be a fun way to compare our draft to the NFL and give someone som bragging rights at the end of April.  Like I said, I won it a few years ago and I also finished dead last one year.  I blame Lael Collins for that - picked him in the 1st and he went undrafted.  I was pretty much screwed once that happened.

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I think he got sick of waiting and got rid of a late pick. 

lol. I have to go into a meeting shortly and it was important for me to get the specific GIF I wanted in there . So that was worth the 7th to me.  It's the little things. 

• Haha 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

lol. I have to go into a meeting shortly and it was important for me to get the specific GIF I wanted in there . So that was worth the 7th to me.  It's the little things. 

I have three players in mind for my 4th round pick. 

You took one off the board with that Jace Steinberger pick. Nice grab sir.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hmmm...I wonder what GB is up to.?

I originally planned to go WR here, but my top 3 are gone. Jace gives us every bit of receiving prowess of any of the WR's left out there and is a solid, if not spectacular blocker who just added 12 lbs since the season ended. Get him in the NFL weight room and he's gonna be the golden nugget of The whole damn draft!!!  Bwaa HAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Best TE in the draft for me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

I originally planned to go WR here, but my top 3 are gone. Jace gives us every bit of receiving prowess of any of the WR's left out there and is a solid, if not spectacular blocker who just added 12 lbs since the season ended. Get him in the NFL weight room and he's gonna be the golden nugget of The whole damn draft!!!  Bwaa HAHAHAAAAA!!!!

My new C, Eric McCoy, loves that pick. As do I.?

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

A few years ago, I just thought it would be a fun way to compare our draft to the NFL and give someone som bragging rights at the end of April.  Like I said, I won it a few years ago and I also finished dead last one year.  I blame Lael Collins for that - picked him in the 1st and he went undrafted.  I was pretty much screwed once that happened.

If I recall....I was a two-time champ, I think once on JI and once in The Hampur.

I'm still waiting for my prizes......:Banane43:

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I have an aversion to TE's named Jace coming from colleges in the state of Texas.

Not sure why....

• Sympathy 2

Hahaha. That’s crazy.

Yeah I get it. It is an additional wrinkle of fun to have the contest side of it. I like that.
You’re awesome man. Truly.