JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

13 hours ago, Lith said:

We usually get through a round every 2 days, so 15-18 in a day is expected.  5th day and we are almost done with round 3 - that is pretty good.  Although things tend to slow down on the weekends.  Some people on this site, unlike me, actually have lives and like to go out and do stuff on weekends in the spring.  Crazy!!!

I try to be online and make my pick within 10 mintues of going on the clock. So, you're welcome. LOLOLOLOL 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Glad to see Stidham and Grier come off the board. 

Packers came into the draft with two 4s.  At the beginning of the draft, I was thinkng I would like to use one of them for a developmental QB who could potentially replace Rodgers in a couple of years and step in sooner if needed as a back-up.  I don't much believe in Kizer, so I was looking for a guy to be an upgrade.  Stidham and Grier are the two guys I targeted. Then I traded both my 4ths, so I am glad to see them both come off the board now -- at least I know the trade ups did not cost me either guy.

Obviously thinking Stidham will be Cindy's replacement in NE. He didn't have the year I thought he would at the Cow College . He worried me when he went there. Good value, I think, at the end of the 3rd. Tyree Jackson was higher rated on our draft board but the wife and I went to several UB games. We came away TOTALLY unimpressed. Of course we're use to SEC and PAC 12 QB's.

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Obviously thinking Stidham will be Cindy's replacement in NE. He didn't have the year I thought he would at the Cow College . He worried me when he went there. Good value, I think, at the end of the 3rd.

I wonder if we overrate Stidham based on that stretch he had in 2017 where he handed us our first loss and then 2 weeks later beat you guys in the Iron Bowl.  Although we both got the last laugh vs Auburn later that season.  Your last laugh was better than mine though. 

The potential to be a good NFL QB is there if he goes the the right situation, with the right coaching, and is given time to develop.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Lith said:

I wonder if we overrate Stidham based on that stretch he had in 2017 where he handed us our first loss and then 2 weeks later beat you guys in the Iron Bowl.  Although we both got the last laugh vs Auburn later that season.  Your last laugh was better than mine though. 

The potential to be a good NFL QB is there if he goes the the right situation, with the right coaching, and is given time to develop.

And who better than NE ?

He should have stayed in school the extra year.

I am completely confused about when I pick.  Absolutely unconcerned about anybody taking my guy.  I have 4 or 5 guys targeted.  I am pretty sure that I could trade all my picks for picks next year and 7th rounders and still get most.   The odds of @Dcat taking my guy are worse than the odds of my bracket winning the pool, and I picked Villanova.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am completely confused about when I pick.  Absolutely unconcerned about anybody taking my guy.  I have 4 or 5 guys targeted.  I am pretty sure that I could trade all my picks for picks next year and 7th rounders and still get most.   The odds of @Dcat taking my guy are worse than the odds of my bracket winning the pool, and I picked Villanova.  

Thai Jet already picked.  Dcat it online and will pick now.  Once Dcat picks your are up and things go back to normal.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

@#27TheDominator dcat just made his pick.  You are up now.

47 minutes ago, King P said:

@NYJetsVets91 is now OTC

Followed by @Dcat and @New York Mick

Sorry guys, I was looking to see who I had to tag and my son started acting up.  No morning nap and 2 bowls of tortellini make for a fired up 15 month old.  

I think my Panthers would rather sign Yeldon, Alex Collins or even Ajayi to back up McCaffery rather than spend a pick on a player who will never be a starting RB here while McCaffery lives and breathes.  

But the team is in cap hell.  Goodbye Torrey Smith?  $5 million saved... but that leaves DJ moore, Jarius Wright, Curtis Samuel and the Buckeye I just drafted as a very young barely developing WR group.