JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If I recall....I was a two-time champ, I think once on JI and once in The Hampur.

I'm still waiting for my prizes......:Banane43:

Your prize was the bragging rights; plus a few minutes of respect from your Hampur/JI/JN brethren.  Isn't that worth more than any prize?

[mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention] you post in the wrong thread.

I’m
Sorry about that. If there is a MOD on can you please delete my response post of how incredibly awesome my pick was in the selections thread?

I can’t do it from my phone. Or at learn I don’t know how to.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

34 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

When did JN start doing mock drafts? If there was one three years ago, has anyone checked to see who really won?

I have been thinking about this. We need a simple metric.  Maybe AV from pro football reference.  Do it four years after the draft.  Anybody have a spreadsheet for 2015? I can try to add it up next week.

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have been thinking about this. We need a simple metric.  Maybe AV from pro football reference.  Do it four years after the draft.  Anybody have a spreadsheet for 2015? I can try to add it up next week.

I can probably find it on my google drive.  Will look for it over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

I will NOT be winning by Lith's scoring this year.  I haven't rated enough players.  I have a few I want.  If somebody takes one, I will scramble and end up taking a guy I was targeting later.  Banogu is probably the highest ceiling in this draft.  OTOH, when looking for a gif to post the first thing that pops up is him getting pancaked by my reach-y 1st rounder.

FickleLivelyEyra-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I will NOT be winning by Lith's scoring this year.  I haven't rated enough players.  I have a few I want.  If somebody takes one, I will scramble and end up taking a guy I was targeting later.  Banogu is probably the highest ceiling in this draft.  OTOH, when looking for a gif to post the first thing that pops up is him getting pancaked by my reach-y 1st rounder.

FickleLivelyEyra-size_restricted.gif

I was considering Banogu’s teammate for my pick @#82. Can you explain to me what Sparcq is, plz?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Four years after a draft?  The list would look like this.

1-32 jet fan amateurs

33rd place Mike McGagnan

We can easily calculate the real teams figures too. First comparison with each other, then with the team we drafted for.  It isn't completely fair to use AV because some of us have less picks or traded our 2nd to draft Lamar Jackson, but comparing with the team we drafted for is fair.

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

St. Brown is going to be a solid #2/3 WR

Still one of the greatest mysteries of recent draft years. To date, I have not heard why he fell sooooo far. He was one of the more naturally gifted WRs in last year's draft - and had a good year under Kizer, and a predictably lesser one under Zaire & co... 

No one should be surprised that he leap frogged MVS & Moore by the end of last year. 

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Still one of the greatest mysteries of recent draft years. To date, I have not heard why he fell sooooo far. He was one of the more naturally gifted WRs in last year's draft - and had a good year under Kizer, and a predictably lesser one under Zaire & co... 

No one should be surprised that he leap frogged MVS & Moore by the end of last year. 

Did he?  He missed weeks 2-5.  They both started numerous games in the middle of the season.  I think that they mostly played or sat based on how dinged they may have been at any given time.  Valdes-Scantling started week 16 and had 17 targets over the last 2.  I wouldn't say he was leap frogged at all. 

I remember being kind of cool on St Brown last year, but I don't really remember why.  His numbers are pretty good, but I didn't see a broad jump or agility times.  It was probably because my Ravens fan godson listed him as potential for the Ravens #1 and I thought "No way!"  Then he was probably gone in our draft before I would have gotten around to him.

Me 2 hours ago: I think I can trade a 4th and two 5ths to get up and draft Jace Sternberger. That’ll leave me with a chance to get Banogu with my extra 4th rounder. I’ll do that after class.

lol. It’s funny how that goes isn’t it? I checked in at 76 and said “ok I’m
Good here. McLaury is gonna be mine.” Checked in a little while later and he was gone at 77. lol

I’m psyched about Jace though. My gem of gems.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did he?  He missed weeks 2-5.  They both started numerous games in the middle of the season.  I think that they mostly played or sat based on how dinged they may have been at any given time.  Valdes-Scantling started week 16 and had 17 targets over the last 2.  I wouldn't say he was leap frogged at all. 

I remember being kind of cool on St Brown last year, but I don't really remember why.  His numbers are pretty good, but I didn't see a broad jump or agility times.  It was probably because my Ravens fan godson listed him as potential for the Ravens #1 and I thought "No way!"  Then he was probably gone in our draft before I would have gotten around to him.

I’d have to go back and immerse myself in that stretch but I know he passed MVS on the depth chart (as he should have, he is more talented WR)... how that played out in terms targets and coverage etc. I can’t say atm. What I do remember is he played better down the stretch. Some clutch drive saving catches 

• Upvote 1