JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

With his size, speed and hands he has potential but if the Jets draft him for real in the upper 4th this board is going to have a meltdown lol

Why? He's projected to go 4-5 rnd. He's an ex-LSU 4 star recruit who did 2 years SEC, then 1 year FCS. He's a well thought of. 

7 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

I almost took him with the pick I traded out of, but with no 4 of my own, I forced myself to trade down and add a pick. I got lucky on that one. I really like Miller and think he's a good fit on this defense.

Yup.  Miller is definitely a guy I would have considered in this spot had we not made the trade the other day.  Huge boom or bust prospect.  Injury history makes him a huge question mark, but incredible production in very limited action.  I ike the pick here.  4th round, imo, is where you can chances on injury risks.

• Upvote 2

FWIW, we are over a full day ahead of where we were last year.  

Sunday morning and we are at pick 117 (almost half way through the 254 picks).  Last year we began on a Monday and hit pick #117 on the following Monday afternoon per our 2018 Selections thread.

Also, by this point last year we already had 4 missed picks.  This year only two.  Well....  three if you count me inadvertantly going over the time limit yesterday.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Sunday morning and we are at pick 117 (almost half way through the 254 picks).  Last year we began on a Monday and hit pick #117 on the following Monday afternoon per our 2018 Selections thread.

Also, by this point last year we already had 4 missed picks.  This year only two.  Well....  three if you count me inadvertantly going over the time limit yesterday.  

This has been great. You Mods are doing a great job. Tnx ?

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No headaches this year either. I only edited one post at the posters request unlike last year’s meltdown from numbnuts over a pick. 

I'm looking to pick up a couple of extra 5th round picks if anybody is interested. I'm willing to give up picks 181 (Early 6th) & 231 (Mid 7th) for a 5th. I'm also willing to give up 184 (Early 6th) & 224 (Early 7th) for a 5th as well.  Please let me know if you're interested.  Thanks

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Edit?  Edit rights?  LOL.  WTF?

I can only edit post not delete them. Greenbean got so excited about his pick in the 80s that he posted two reactions to himself in the selection thread. He asked for someone to delete them so I just edited them instead.

This is the best year so far with people outside the mock posting or GMs drafting in the wrong thread. 

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My Big Board had like twelve names on it 

Safety, Safety, Safety, soft ILB, reach WR, reach WR, reach WR, small school 30 year old dlineman, long shot CB, long shot CB, QB who can't hit the ocean, Punter from Australia with a rocket leg.

Am I close?  Oh wait, wrong list.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Safety, Safety, Safety, soft ILB, reach WR, reach WR, reach WR, small school 30 year old dlineman, long shot CB, long shot CB, QB who can't hit the ocean, Punter from Australia with a rocket leg.

Am I close?  Oh wait, wrong list.

And the leg on the punter isn’t even that good!

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Geez. What I run on WRs. Now I’m glad I moved up for Renfrow instead of waiting for the 5th round. 

I think we're just now getting into the value tier of WRs....

May not the most popular view, but i think there's no man's land between that upper crust of Browns/Harry/Samuel etc and day 3 guys... That whole cluster in between of Campbells, and Isabellas and Harmons etc all have flaws/undeveloped parts of their game that make them an expensive dice roll IMO. 

Hurd and Ferguson kick off the tier 3 group - and there's a ton of upside, but without the price tag. 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think we're just now getting into the value tier of WRs....

May not the most popular view, but i think there's no man's land between that upper crust of Browns/Harry/Samuel etc and day 3 guys... That whole cluster in between of Campbells, and Isabellas and Harmons etc all have flaws/undeveloped parts of their game that make them an expensive dice roll IMO. 

Hurd and Ferguson kick off the tier 3 group - and there's a ton of upside, but without the price tag. 

There’s still a lot of WRs worth taking taking, this will be an interesting real draft. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d like to announce that you people cleared out my Big Board and I’m gonna start reaching 

I kind of asked for that.  In a normal, I spend way too much time on this world, my "big board"  usually constitutes a ranking of the top 10 at each position and top 20 at spots of need.  Then I circle the guys I actually like, and cross out guys I hate because maybe they are slugs, have TRex arms, or beat up girls on campus.  This year, I just have random names that I like and I am taking them wherever. 

I have one guy that is "off list" that I really want to pick.  I would love to move down a few slots and pick up a 7th.

• Upvote 1