De'Angelo Henderson signs ERFA tender with Jets

joewilly12

5 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Powell was healthy early on and so was the OL.  Later on the OL had a lot of injuries.  Powell was kind of a gadget player anyway. Crowell was the main RB.

Powell was better then McGuire it’s not even comparable and Powell was a jag. 

21 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

As for De'Angelo Henderson, I don't see the point with retaining him.  Does not bring any added dimension, and is just another body. Redundant retention to a group that needs a depth upgrade.

10 hours ago, PepPep said:

I dunno about that. I like McGuire as a change of pace back and he has good hands and YAC. 

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Re Henderson, at worst he provides 2 things: (1) further reduces the pigeonholing of one of the draft picks for the position; and (2) it's another body to further split carries all summer long. ERFA tags I believe are similar to RFA tags in that they're not guaranteed. So long as he isn't injured at least, he can be a casualty on final cut day. 

I'm following the convo, and feel like the obvious is being overlooked... 

None of these RBs are guaranteed to be on the roster in 2019 (nor should they be).... They're all JAGs; McGuire, Henderson, Cannon. All of them... and you make JAGs compete. Keep the best, and shed the rest. 

We still need a proper #2.  

On 4/2/2019 at 11:17 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Indeed. Big players like De'Angelo Henderson. Despite the straw man stuff you're spiking the ball against here, they fielded a team last year, too. What of it? People said they wouldn't field a good/contender team, not that they wouldn't field any team at all. 

Here are the starters and how they've changed personnel from 2018 to 2019:

OL: (no upgrade at 4/5 starting positions)

• LT = no upgrade
  • LG = upgrade from Carpenter: traded 5th round pick for Osemele @ $11MM/year
  • C = no upgrade (re-signed the guy who backed up not only Spencer Long, but also Wesley Johnson)
  • RG = no upgrade
  • RT = no change
Offensive skill positions: (upgraded 2 starters)
  • RB = upgrade from Crowell: Bell @$13MM/yr
  • QB1 = no upgrade (duh) on paper; though Darnold should of course be better in year 2 than as a rookie
  • WR1 = no upgrade
  • WR2 = no upgrade (re-signed Enunwa @ $9MM/year)
  • WR3/slot = upgrade from Kearse to Crowder @$9MM/year
  • TE = no upgrade
Front 7: (one upgrade, and what's funny is prior to the Mosely signing, anyone who suggested we should pay through the nose to upgrade from Darrron Lee was branded a hater; so I guess that nefarioius group now includes the GM)
  • DE/DT = no upgrade (re-signed last year's $1.9MM Anderson @ $7MM/year)
  • DE/DT = no upgrade (exercised 5th year option for Leo, getting a raise from last year's $3MM salary to $14MM)
  • NT = no upgrade (re-signed McLendon @ $2.5MM)
  • EDGE OLB/DE 1 = no upgrade 
  • OLB2 = no upgrade
  • ILB1 = upgrade from Lee to Mosely @ $17MM/year
Secondary: (no upgrades)
  • CB1 = no upgrade (couldn't, as we're locked in to last year's FA pickup)
  • CB2 = downgrade from Claiborne to Roberts 
  • CB3/slot = downgrade from Skrine to Poole
  • SS = no upgrade (duh)
  • FS = no upgrade (also duh); hopefully Maye plays more than 6 games this year

Special teams:

• K = downgraded (though Catanzaro is more than adequate if he repeats his 2017 Jets season)
  • P = no upgrade

Summary: after spending some $80MM in cap heading into the draft, here are all the new starter upgrades:

• offense = RB, slot/WR3, LG
  • defense = ILB

Despite the official look of this analysis whatever point you're trying to make is unsurprisingly biased in an effort to besmirch the Macc Man.

I have bullet points too:

• We have an infinitely better coaching staff than Bowles and Rogers.
  • Darnolds should build on the last 4 games of his rookie season and become more consistent
  • Impact offensive players were added to the line, backfield, and receiving corps
  • We signed perhaps the most highly sought after defensive player in Mosely who along with Adams will be a co-captain to that unit
  • We.are.not.done.  The draft, mini draft, and what's left of FA will result in more players being brought in
  • The team will improve dramatically and be in the playoff conversation if Darnold continues to play like he ended last season
  • Those claiming the Jets couldn't attract or sign big names while filling a roster were flat out wrong.

12 hours ago, Pac said:

Despite the official look of this analysis whatever point you're trying to make is unsurprisingly biased in an effort to besmirch the Macc Man.

• Darnolds should build on the last 4 games of his rookie season and become more consistent
  • Impact offensive players were added to the line, backfield, and receiving corps
  • We signed perhaps the most highly sought after defensive player in Mosely who along with Adams will be a co-captain to that unit
  • We.are.not.done.  The draft, mini draft, and what's left of FA will result in more players being brought in
  • The team will improve dramatically and be in the playoff conversation if Darnold continues to play like he ended last season
  • Those claiming the Jets couldn't attract or sign big names while filling a roster were flat out wrong.

So how many games are the Jets going to win this year after all this improvement on the sideline and after all the prior investments bearing fruit this year? 

To hear your take on it, we should go 12-4.

25 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So how many games are the Jets going to win this year after all this improvement on the sideline and after all the prior investments bearing fruit this year? 

To hear your take on it, we should go 12-4.

I'll let you know in a month but it feels like 9 or 10.

13 hours ago, Pac said:

This is the full Arc of the Homer in Offseason, really. 

JUST WAIT UNTIL FREE AGENCY!——FREE AGENCY IS HARD ACTUALLY WAIT UNTIL THE DRAFT—->ACTUALLY THE MINI DRA—->WHAT DID YOU EXPE—-THE REBUILD I—->>>GJTHKLTIOGFITJO

On 4/2/2019 at 11:44 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Good job with the bulk of this Sperm.  Disagree about both Poole and Roberts.  Skrine needed to go, and Clairborne sucks, plain an simple. 

As for De'Angelo Henderson, I don't see the point with retaining him.  Does not bring any added dimension, and is just another body. Redundant retention to a group that needs a depth upgrade.

Camp/ Practice squad depth signing. Hopefully we land a legit back in the draft who can be developed by the time Bell contract/$ hits a disparity point. Guys like UDFA Phillip Lindsay from Denver.

Rushing & Receiving

Games Rushing Receiving Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       15 8 192 1037 9 65 5.4 69.1 12.8 47 35 241 6.9 1 29 2.3 16.1   227 5.6300 1278 10 0 7
2018* 24 DEN RB 30 15 8 192 1037 9 65 5.4 69.1 12.8 47 35 241 6.9 1 29 2.3 16.1 74.5% 227 5.6300 1278 10 0 7

image.png

15 hours ago, Pac said:

Remember when Anthony Barr backed out of a verbal commit bc the prospect of signing with the Jets made him physically sick

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Remember when Anthony Barr backed out of a verbal commit bc the prospect of signing with the Jets made him physically sick

Or when it took $17MM/year to sign an ILB who Baltimore wouldn't franchise tag for millions less than that (or extend at a rate of still less). Most articles coming from Baltimore beat writers & fans (and/or those with knowledge of the team's valuation) felt he was worth about $12MM per.

But I'm sure in response, for the next few years, we'll hear "Take that! And ____ said he wasn't worth getting!!" every time he makes a tackle, as though I think he sucks. I look forward to these good times ahead.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or when it took $17MM/year to sign an ILB who Baltimore wouldn't franchise tag for millions less than that (or extend at a rate of still less). Most articles coming from Baltimore beat writers & fans (and/or those with knowledge of the team's valuation) felt he was worth about $12MM per.

But I'm sure in response, for the next few years, we'll hear "Take that! And ____ said he wasn't worth getting!!" every time he makes a tackle, as though I think he sucks. I look forward to these good times ahead.

Name me a single good defense that's not paying its ILB's $21 million a year

21 hours ago, dbatesman said:

That is on Anthony Barr, not the Jets.  In hindsight, that was one contract that I'm sure that the Jets would've lived to regret.  Didn't like it at the time, he actually did us a favor.  After year one of that contract, Anthony Barr would have most likely made the Jets sick.  Good Riddance.  Let him freeze his ass off and underperform in Minnesota.

Archived