September can't come soon enough

dmoe

Just wanted to get away from the uniform/draft talks for a bit. 

Whether you like all the change from this off-season or not, this team will be different from what we've been used to watching.

And one thing I think all Jets fans can agree on is you can't get much worse than Todd Bowles, and his evil henchman Jeremy Bates.

https://youtu.be/7eZUBJgoQms

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Man it's an exciting time to be a fan. Added some good pieces this offseason, Sophomore Sam,Bell,New Unis and the draft. Win/Win situation as far as the draft goes. Either get a t3 player or some more picks which hopefully Mac won't whiff on

• Upvote 1

Just now, SR24 said:

Posted this in another thread a few minutes ago but man it's an exciting time to be a fan. Added some good pieces this offseason, Sophomore Sam,Bell,New Unis and the draft. Win/Win situation as far as the draft goes. Either get a t3 player or some more picks which hopefully Mac won't whiff on

Sorry about that boss, must of totally missed it! 

But that's the same way I'm thinking about the whole direction of everything new. I want to trade back so bad just to get more quality starting players to keep filling around what we have, but I'm terrified of Mac drafting, especially because the farther back we go the harder it'll be for him to do his BPA method and he'll actually have to find talent.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, dmoe said:

Sorry about that boss, must of totally missed it! 

But that's the same way I'm thinking about the whole direction of everything new. I want to trade back so bad just to get more quality starting players to keep filling around what we have, but I'm terrified of Mac drafting, especially because the farther back we go the harder it'll be for him to do his BPA method and he'll actually have to find talent.

Literally same here. Trading back is great but Macs draft record has been so bad I wouldn't want to trade out of the T10. 6 and 17 is the ideal goal imo, Could add 2 olineman,Metcalf,Greedy so many possibilities 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Literally same here. Trading back is great but Macs draft record has been so bad I wouldn't want to trade out of the T10. 6 and 17 is the ideal goal imo, Could add 2 olineman,Metcalf,Greedy so many possibilities 

Exactly, it would be a dream if we doubled down on oline in the draft. I def won't be mad if we stay put and get a blue chip at 3. Regardless of which one it is, I think Gregg Williams will pull out the potential in them.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, dmoe said:

Exactly, it would be a dream if we doubled down on oline in the draft. I def won't be mad if we stay put and get a blue chip at 3. Regardless of which one it is, I think Gregg Williams will pull out the potential in them.

Yep clear win/win either way. Either get Allen/Bosa or hopefully snag 6 and 17

• Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

LOL rare Indeed - transplanted from Long Island many years ago 

Only a few of us out here I feel like. Off-topic question, how do you feel about Haskins not getting as much hype as Murray?

10 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I'm excited about the season, but please do not rush the summer.

+1

Headed to the beach in NY for the first time this year a week from Friday to open the house. I'll happily do a couple months of summer before the Jets' opener, thank you very much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

+1

Headed to the beach in NY for the first time this year a week from Friday to open the house. I'll happily do a couple months of summer before the Jets' opener, thank you very much. 

Agreed. I'm a teacher so I welcome summer vacation haha

16 minutes ago, slats said:

+1

Nothing like the warm weather. Enjoy the season at the beach!

2 hours ago, dmoe said:

Only a few of us out here I feel like. Off-topic question, how do you feel about Haskins not getting as much hype as Murray?

I think it's criminal, kid is going to be a very good pro, natural passer, spins the ball, wish he would have stayed one more year...  could end up the steal of the draft if he drops out of the top 5

OSU does not have a great track record with QB's so I think that hurt him and all the drama last year with Urban

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I think it's criminal, kid is going to be a very good pro, natural passer, spins the ball, wish he would have stayed one more year...  could end up the steal of the draft if he drops out of the top 5

OSU does not have a great track record with QB's so I think that hurt him and all the drama last year with Urban

Agreed.

I think he was very out of the norm for a Buckeye QB. 

Will be a very great face of a franchise wherever he's drafted.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm just hoping everyone stays healthy so we can get a good read on what we have. Most important is Robbie Anderson needs to bulk up. He looks like he can blow away in a strong wind. He also needs to do more like crossing routes and blocking. That would make a huge difference

He’s got a little frame- I follow him on Instagram and he looks the same- kinda like a taller D-Jax, don’t think he’ll change his body much.

im just excited that all the resources that always went to trying to find a qb can. Ow be put to use to fill in around our qb. I think this will trickle down to solidifying this team

2 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I'm excited about the season, but please do not rush the summer.

Thought that every year.  Cant wait for football but dont want to rush the end of summer.

Why I got the place in Florida, problem solved.  ;)

• Upvote 1

September can't come soon enough

Let's be careful what we wish for.  I'm speaking based on my experience as a fan of the New York Jets for more than 20 years.

There's still a 47% chance that this four month span of firing Bowles, signing free agents, getting new uniforms, and drafting players could be the highlight of 2019.

And don't shoot the messenger.  I was here for the drafting of Sam Darnold, the signing of Trumaine Johnson, Isaiah Crowell, etc. and those months turned out better than the actual season.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Let's be careful what we wish for.  I'm speaking based on my experience as a fan of the New York Jets for more than 20 years.

There's still a 47% chance that this four month span of firing Bowles, signing free agents, getting new uniforms, and drafting players could be the highlight of 2019.

And don't shoot the messenger.  I was here for the drafting of Sam Darnold, the signing of Trumaine Johnson, Isaiah Crowell, etc. and those months turned out better than the actual season.

100% facts.

I was pumped when we got Trumaine(not his contract lol), and all the hype of the offseason, but that back fired on me like 99.9% of things the Jets do.

But all things eventually have to come to an end right? I mean we're now in the age where the CLEVELAND BROWNS are the favorites in the north.

• Upvote 1