Gase Forcing Macc Out

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

So at work we read a whole bunch of sec filings and public statements etc. understood it well.  But our investing  decision was incorrect. Is that comprehension or analyze skills that can be questioned?

Ask your boss.

31 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You guys get mad at Williams for not putting up ten sacks on his way back to the hotel but don't want Darnold climbing a steep set of stairs without a helmet and kneepads. And WHICH one of them is supposed to actually be good?

I can go down to my local bodega and get you five guys that can do what Quinnen Williams can do. But finding a quarterback that doesn't seem to hate being here? That's rare, Jerry,

• Thumb Down 2

12 minutes ago, legler82 said:

It’s especially hard to trade down, when it’s known to the world months before the draft that you are looking to trade down.

13 minutes ago, legler82 said:

It’s especially hard to trade down, when it’s known to the world months before the draft that you are looking to trade down.

I think it’s very well known who wants to trade up or down. 

I would have taken slightly lower to go up to pick 10 than the charts say. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Why hasn't Gase put out a statement or done an interview denying these reports? His silence is deafening.

Meanwhile, Macc is out there in a spin cycle like a ******* washing machine bc of the backlash of not trading down. He's out there like a man trying to save his job while Gase has been quieter then a Monk.

The Daily News is putting out story after story about how much Macc WANTED to help the offense and how he was basically forced to take Quinnen to try to deflect away from another failure from a failed and failing GM.

This is the thing here. the Jets clearly know this story is making the rounds because they've already responded to it. The easiest way to make it go away is by simply releasing a dumb statement by Gase saying how much he's looking forward to working with these new players yadda yadda. Or, if they were really ambitious, have Gase call in to Michael Kay for a ballwashing. The fact that Gase has been completely underground during all of this is interesting to say the least.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

He’s less than perfect. This is the year to decide on him. Losing record and he’s gone. 

If you are judging him by record, why not fire him with Bowles?  What makes this year’s record more significant than the past 4?

• Upvote 1

Just now, legler82 said:

If you are judged him by record, why not fire him with Bowles?  What makes this year’s record more significant than the past 4?

Because of the Sam trade. I think it got him another year.  It’s the right nuanced thing to do.  But no more unless our top two drafts this year do great but we finish below 500 due to injuries.  The next year is playoffs no exceptions. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Because of the Sam trade. I think it got him another year.  It’s the right nuanced thing to do.  But no more unless our top two drafts this year do great but we finish below 500 due to injuries.  The next year is playoffs no exceptions. 

So did Darnold himself buy him this extra year or Darnold’s performance as a rookie?  Would any QB he drafted have bought him a year?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

So did Darnold himself by him this extra year or Darnold’s performance as a rookie?  Would any QB he drafted have bought him a year?

That’s a good question. Probably yes to all three but definitely due to sams play near the end of the year.  Maybe Rosen gm would have gotten canned if I was an owner. 

Hes on a short lease. 

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

That’s a good question. Probably yes to all three but definitely due to sams play near the end of the year.  Maybe Rosen gm would have gotten canned if I was an owner. 

Hes on a short lease. 

While I vehemently disagree with this thought process, I’m afraid it mirrors that of our owner.  Since under our organizational structure the GM does not hire the HC, if Mac gets fired after this season, we will hire a new FO who will have a different timeline than our CS.  We’ve read this book before in the short lived marriage of Idzik and Rex.  It doesn’t have a happy ending.  This potential mismatch of will be yet another unfortunate bi product of passing on a QB in the top 10 in 2017.  History repeating itself; that’s the Jets way lather rinse repeat.

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

While I vehemently disagree with this thought process, I’m afraid it mirrors that of our owner.  Since under our organizational structure the GM does not hire the HC, if Mac gets fired after this season, we will hire a new FO who will have a different timeline than our CS.  We’ve read this book before in the short lived marriage of Idzik and Rex.  It doesn’t have a happy ending.  This potential mismatch of will be yet another unfortunate bi product of passing on a QB in the top 10 in 2017.  History repeating itself; that’s the Jets way lather rinse repeat.

This is why you fire Maccagnan now and promote Heimerdinger and see if he can handle Gase over the next nine months. If you don’t fire Maccagnan now and the season goes to hell, then you’re firing everybody and trying to start fresh while competing with all the other teams primed to fire their GMs. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is why you fire Maccagnan now and promote Heimerdinger and see if he can handle Gase over the next nine months. If you don’t fire Maccagnan now and the season goes to hell, then you’re firing everybody and trying to start fresh while competing with all the other teams primed to fire their GMs. 

Agreed.  Sadly, I think the Mac getting fired now ship has sailed.  Also I don’t think Jets ownership would go with the nuclear option of firing everyone if the sh*t hits the fan this season.  I can’t see them giving Gase just one season especially if the rumors of his displeasure of certain roster moves are true.  Furthermore, 3 different HCs in the first 3 years of your hopeful franchise QB is a recipe for disaster.  So we are basically destined to repeat history.

5 hours ago, legler82 said:

Agreed.  Sadly, I think the Mac getting fired now ship has sailed.  Also I don’t think Jets ownership would go with the nuclear option of firing everyone if the sh*t hits the fan this season.  I can’t see them giving Gase just one season especially if the rumors of his displeasure of certain roster moves are true.  Furthermore, 3 different HCs in the first 3 years of your hopeful franchise QB is a recipe for disaster.  So we are basically destined to repeat history.

If we suck next year Macc will (finally) get fired and Gase will pick the GM it will be either that guy who a link was posted about or Peyton Manning

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If we suck next year Macc will (finally) get fired and Gase will pick the GM it will be either that guy who a link was posted about or Peyton Manning

He’ll have a say but our structure doesn’t allow him to pick the GM

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Stidham?

You must have loved the step back he took this year. 

Rosen and...ALLEN?

lol

“I like Jarrett Stidham a lot. We talked about a lot of guys that were potential 1st round draft picks. I love Jarrett Stidham and...I wouldn’t of thought it was crazy for someone to draft him in the 1st round.”

-Tim Hasselbeck ESPN NFL Analyst on SC today 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If Gase does well with Darnold, Gase isn’t going anywhere. They’ll continue the uneven cycle of gm signing off on hc or hc signing off on new gm-shotgun marriage nonsense.

Mac will almost certainly be fired, unless we miraculously make a deep playoff run. Then they will hire a GM that Gase approves of and is really Gase’s puppet.

25 minutes ago, legler82 said:

“I like Jarrett Stidham a lot. We talked about a lot of guys that were potential 1st round draft picks. I love Jarrett Stidham and...I wouldn’t of thought it was crazy for someone to draft him in the 1st round.”

-Tim Hasselbeck ESPN NFL Analyst on SC today 

I liked Stidham last year and thought he was going to take a big step forward this year. 

He took a step back. 

Did you like how he regressed this year?

I cannot believe they would have passed on The Best Player In The Draft to take Bosa. 

Jets were hoping Lynch didn’t screw the Jets again but it was a long shot. Winning that extra game....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I liked Stidham last year and thought he was going to take a big step forward this year. 

He took a step back. 

Did you like how he regressed this year?

He was destined to “regress” as you call it the moment he decided to go back to Auburn’s QB dumbed out gimmicky offense. Like I said before I don’t evaluate prospects off of production. I evaluate NFL transferrable attributes; he has those.

The coach picking the GM? With the same hierarchy is just another circle jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, legler82 said:

RIF (Reading Is Fundamental). When did I disagree about what QB we deserve?  That’s not even topic.  There’s a distinction between process and result.  A bad decision yielding a seemingly good result doesn’t change the bad decision to a good one after the fact.

I disagree strongly.   This was a great decision, maybe the best decision we've ever made.

The Browns and giants were not trading out.  The giants were in love with Saquon and Cle with Darnold.   

Macc read the board and saw a move to three gave us a GREAT chance at Mayfield.   That's a solid decision worth the risk/reward.

I evaluate it this way with my made up percentages based on what was known at the time of the draft.

Make the deal; 
80% Mayfield;
10% Darmold,
10% choice between Saquon/Allen/Rosen or trade back and get a first rounder next year.

With those risk/reward percentages, you make that deal every day.

6 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I disagree strongly.   This was a great decision, maybe the best decision we've ever made.

The Browns and giants were not trading out.  The giants were in love with Saquon and Cle with Darnold.   

Macc read the board and saw a move to three gave us a GREAT chance at Mayfield.   That's a solid decision worth the risk/reward.

I evaluate it this way with my made up percentages based on what was known at the time of the draft.

Make the deal; 
80% Mayfield;
10% Darmold,
10% choice between Saquon/Allen/Rosen or trade back and get a first rounder next year.

With those risk/reward percentages, you make that deal every day.

You do realize that BOTH Mahomes and Mayfield were drafted by the same guy right?  And both times those picks were considered “reaches” and/or surprised picks by the “experts”.  Yet homer Jets fans believe that drafting Mahomes would have been a reach but trading up for Mayfield would not.  Furthermore, they’ve convinced themselves that Mac, the man who passed on Mahomes for whatever reasons fit their narrative would have drafted for all intents and purposes his shorter less talented clone  3 spots higher. I think his history of drafting Petty & Hackenberg in consecutive draft suggest Allen NOT Mayfield was the target. 

31 minutes ago, legler82 said:

He was destined to “regress” as you call it the moment he decided to go back to Auburn’s QB dumbed out gimmicky offense. Like I said before I don’t evaluate prospects off of production. I evaluate NFL transferrable attributes; he has those.

Like I said I like the guy but I never saw him as a 1st round talent or a long term starter in this league. 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

"Once upon a time, Mike Heimerdinger made an amazing trade and Sam Darnold fell into our laps.  Then, after firing our GM in 2019 (can't even remember his name now), we got a real GM who started to build around Darnold and turned us into a perennial playoff team."

Well, I guess if you can get laid than anything is possible.

• Haha 1