What if?

30 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

What if for all the crap people on this forum give Mac all of his draft picks not just from this year but the ones left on the roster from previous years look good this season? Does all the hatred fall back onto Bowles? Mac has been fairly decent in free agency and with trades, he has kept our salary cap in good shape each year. Would we accept him as a decent gm or would we look for other reasons to get rid of him?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I’d think unless the Gase/Mac saga is true.... Mac gets another draft. That is if we also get to .500

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

What if for all the crap people on this forum give Mac all of his draft picks not just from this year but the ones left on the roster from previous years look good this season? Does all the hatred fall back onto Bowles? Mac has been fairly decent in free agency and with trades, he has kept our salary cap in good shape each year. Would we accept him as a decent gm or would we look for other reasons to get rid of him?

Why should we? The statistics do not lie:

1) He's hit on 2 of his 4 1st rounders. Mostly BAP type guys that somehow fell to him. The only time he was forced to do it himself he selected Darron Lee and after only 3seasons they have officially given up on him due to poor play and conduct.

2) He's hit on only one 2nd rounder - Marcus Maye. And honestly he was injured a lot last season so the jury is still out on him.

3) He's hit on only one of his 3rd rounders - Jordan Jenkins.

4) From there it's pretty much all garbage besides slight success with Brandon Shell and Robbie Anderson. This team CANNOT ever be competitive with a 25% yield approximately.

5) He gave how many millions to Revis and Cromartie? 

This all the while he's cut every decent player on the roster to the point this roster is one of the least talented in the league. The Jets have averaged 5.25 wins per season under his watch.

The jury is back in on Mac. After only 3 seasons his record did NOT warrant an extension. Why Chris opted to keep him I will never know.

• Upvote 3

Why should we? The statistics do not lie:
1) He's hit on 2 of his 4 1st rounders. Mostly BAP type guys that somehow fell to him. The only time he was forced to do it himself he selected Darron Lee and after only 3seasons they have officially given up on him due to poor play and conduct.
2) He's hit on only one 2nd rounder - Marcus Maye. And honestly he was injured a lot last season so the jury is still out on him.
3) He's hit on only one of his 3rd rounders - Jordan Jenkins.
4) From there it's pretty much all garbage besides slight success with Brandon Shell and Robbie Anderson. This team CANNOT ever be competitive with a 25% yield approximately.
5) He gave how many millions to Revis and Cromartie? 
This all the while he's cut every decent player on the roster to the point this roster is one of the least talented in the league. The Jets have averaged 5.25 wins per season under his watch.
The jury is back in on Mac. After only 3 seasons his record did NOT warrant an extension. Why Chris opted to keep him I will never know.
What is the floor and ceiling for % yeild on drafted players?

51 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"He has kept our salary cap in good shape"  = His draft picks are so horrible that almost none of them get to or past the 5th year options so we don't have anyone to spend money on.

It is pathetic some fans love being mediocre. They love mac more than the Jets? It just doesn’t make sense.. We may get lucky and somehow still win with Mac, or we can get a actual competent gm and increase our chances of winning by a ton more.. His fan boys can go see him when he is managing a sporting goods store ?‍♂️

• Upvote 2

It is pathetic some fans love being mediocre. They love mac more than the Jets? It just doesn’t make sense.. We may get lucky and somehow still win with Mac, or we can get a actual competent gm and increase our chances of winning by a ton more.. His fan boys can go see him when he is managing a sporting goods store
He is our current gm I have seen the song and dance before where we scream from the rooftops to fire someone only to have the vacancy filled by someone of equal or lesser competence.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

He is our current gm I have seen the song and dance before where we scream from the rooftops to fire someone only to have the vacancy filled by someone of equal or lesser competence.

Lol. So your saying we shouldn’t have fired Izdik ? Todd Bowles ? Lol Weak excuse. If someone is not good at their job, you get rid of them. Can only give them so many chances 

• Upvote 2

Lol. So your saying we shouldn’t have fired Izdik ? Todd Bowles ? Lol Weak excuse. If someone is not good at their job, you get rid of them. Can only give them so many chances 
I don't think idzick got a fair chance in the sense that he never got to pick his own coach and did not like rex. Idzick dug his own grave though by not filling holes out of spite so rex would fail. A gm has more jobs than just drafting and Mac has been decent at most of them...Todd Bowles was bad at Every job he had so I don't get the comparison here.

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I don't think idzick got a fair chance in the sense that he never got to pick his own coach and did not like rex. Idzick dug his own grave though by not filling holes out of spite so rex would fail. A gm has more jobs than just drafting and Mac has been decent at most of them...Todd Bowles was bad at Every job he had so I don't get the comparison here.

Izdik was horrible. Mac is not much better. If you were a teacher I’m sure all the kids would say you are an easy grader ?‍♂️ Mac is not horrible, but he is far from being a good gm. We should always look to fill our weaknesses, gm is a big one. I think the day we get a good gm, you will be glad we dumped mac. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

What is the floor and ceiling for % yeild on drafted players?

More than that of Mac. Without looking (I don't have to) I know other successful teams draft much better than Mac. That's why the Jets have been a punch line over the last 4 seasons. The Steelers for example is a team that consistently drafts well year after year. This is why they are always a team in competition for big things. Last year was actually a rather off year for the Steelers considering they didn't make the playoffs. That's not their normal. They've made the playoffs nine times since 2006. Meanwhile, they rarely if ever have to use free agency and they don't need to break the bank to keep their great players.  That's because they always have other up and coming players waiting in the wings.