Dumpster fire potential for all 32 teams in 2019

Interesting how many team have fireworks and/or dumpster fire potential (get your popcorn ready) Slow couple of weeks in JetNation so here is my list;

1. Buccaneers - Arians, todd-kacy, Winston #1 for many reasons
  2. Cardinals  - two first round QB's in two years - 5'10" QB's the new rage? Kliffy could not win in Big12 but NFL is easier?
  3. Raiders - Chucky, AB, moving to Vegas, made for hard knocks 
  4. Browns - Expectations, OBJ, Mayfield - can they move forward from last year or regress?
  5. Giants - Eli and mini-me (Jones) - loss to Haskins will create frenzy in NY Media
  6. Vikings - NFCCG then pay kirk $90m and regress? even mid-western fans will lose sense of humor
  7. Steelers - King ben? after effect a year after implosion - hurt feelings remain
  8. Fins - Rosen vs Fitzmagic on a team built for the tank
  9. Texans - no GM? Edits - can Watson and Watt stay healthy? MDL_JET: can OL survive / improve?
  10. Jaguars - Is Foles the answer, contract holdouts, will it ever be their year?
  11. Bills - Josh Allen the interception machine? or can completion percentage increase in NFL
  12. Packers - Rodgers and a new coach, broken hammy 
  13. Bengals - after 15 years of Marvin and they replace him with a kid, what can go wrong?
  14. Pat* - is this the final year?
  15. Jets - Coaches have fire - can it be controlled - Edits jgb Is Sam a FQB? nycdan will weak OL and CB depth hurt the season (cost Mac his job?) 
  16. Broncos - last chance for Flacco with young QB waiting to step in 
  17. Ravens - life after Flacco
  18. Cowboys - looming big contracts for Zek, Dak and Amari
  19. Redskins - can Gruden Jr develop Haskins?
  20. 49ers - is Jimmy healthy? will he ever be?
  21. Seahawks - Wilson now the highest paid QB but legion go boom
  22. Panthers - does Cam have weaponz?
  23. Titans - second year coach - is MM really a FQB
  24. Lions - second year coach -  How long can you waste a FQB
  25. Falcons - how long can you waste a FQB
  26. Bears - do you have a FQB?
  27. Saints - Brees is older
  28. Chargers - so is Rivers
  29. Eagles - year without Foles, can Wentz stay healthy
  30. Can Rams repeat, did BB provide blueprint to beat this team?
  31. Can Chiefs repeat success, will Andy ever win the big game?
  32. Colts - Lucks best chance to date

Edits to add legend, confirm not Jets bashing, and copyright "DFP rankings";

1-10 = high potential for a dumpster fire / implosion

11-20 = some potential for drama / fireworks 

21-32 = normal NFL risk / operations - added to show every team has some reason for concern but there is always a surprise

What do you think? how would you rank the potential for disfunction - we know it will happen but where?

It's a big stretch to say ALL 32 teams could have dumpster fire potential.  Even in your own comments you established this:

8 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

18.  Cowboys - looming big contracts for Zek, Dak and Amari

31.  Can Chiefs repeat success, will Andy ever win the big game?

32.  Colts - Lucks best chance to date 

I don't really think there will a lot of disfunction...bad yes, but not sure about drama BUT:

1. Cardinals: If Murray and the offense struggles and KK looks lost that could make for a lot drama. 

2. Jets: I don't think it will BUT there's potential with Gase and Williams. You never know. 

3. Texans: If that Oline doesn't improve vs a tougher schedule, things will get bad real fast for Houston. 

Potential dumpster fire teams in no particular order:

Bucs

Cardinals (but an interesting experiment nonetheless)

Raiders

Jets

Browns

Giants

Dolphins

Bills

Redskins

The rest have enough positive things going that their respective floors are relatively high. 

Obviously they're all one franchise QB injury away from dumpster fire territory, but that's pretty much always true for all 32 teams, outside of the Foles-led Eagles.  At any given time there's only about 20 solid starting QB's across the league, so there's not enough to go around, and certainly aren't enough good backups. 

Tough to say, I think the Browns, Raiders, and Giants set themselves up with pretty volatile situations. If Browns and Raiders start losing games early, things could turn sour fast. Both teams have pretty hard schedules to start the season.

The Giants season will be fun to watch, I wonder how long they will torture their fanbase by sending Eli out on the field.

Main dumpster fire: Members of JN that continually look for negative things to speak and write about.

Honorable Mention Dumpster Fire: Members of the media constantly bashing the NY Jets for every move they make regardless of whether or not it will or has worked or not.

I realize it's June and we have nothing else to do, but honestly, JN used to mean Jets Nation, now it means JUST NEGATIVE. So sick of reading all of the crap here that is always pessimistic & / or negative. I am 57 years young and have read negative $hit about our Jets for 45 of those years now and am freaking sick of it TBH. For once it seems this organization has finally unf**ked itself and gotten things right, yet still, we have to forecast a dumpster fire because we now have some coaches that are not walking coma's.

SMH, the perpetual negativity here on JN (Just Negative) blows my mind.

24 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Main dumpster fire: Members of JN that continually look for negative things to speak and write about.

Honorable Mention Dumpster Fire: Members of the media constantly bashing the NY Jets for every move they make regardless of whether or not it will or has worked or not.

I realize it's June and we have nothing else to do, but honestly, JN used to mean Jets Nation, now it means JUST NEGATIVE. So sick of reading all of the crap here that is always pessimistic & / or negative. I am 57 years young and have read negative $hit about our Jets for 45 of those years now and am freaking sick of it TBH. For once it seems this organization has finally unf**ked itself and gotten things right, yet still, we have to forecast a dumpster fire because we now have some coaches that are not walking coma's.

There should be a separate forum for the SOJFs so us REAL Jet fans dont have to listen to there crap

29 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I think this thread is negative but in a fun way. I don't think the OP is very serious about it. 

51 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

You used to be one of those SOJF's

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a big stretch to say ALL 32 teams could have dumpster fire potential.  Even in your own comments you established this:

Agree, I tried to rank the potential, with Colts having the least IMHO

To your point after the midpoint (16?) there is not much potential for major implosions but it was interesting as I went through the list, almost every team has some cause for concern, we are not alone by a long shot

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

All the media and fans' fault that the Jets haven't won a Super Bowl since the Moon Landing SMH

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

#Drums has it right!

the point was to show that the Jets are not alone, every team has some potential disfunction, when I looked at the list I actually thought the Jets are in decent shape (positive) compared to many other team situations,

Hope we can agree that we hear too much negative NY press about the Jets so this was just a little fun during the slow time before OTA 

Enjoy :)

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

I don't really think there will a lot of disfunction...bad yes, but not sure about drama BUT:

1. Cardinals: If Murray and the offense struggles and KK looks lost that could make for a lot drama. 

2. Jets: I don't think it will BUT there's potential with Gase and Williams. You never know. 

3. Texans: If that Oline doesn't improve vs a tougher schedule, things will get bad real fast for Houston. 

Good point on Houston, also would like to see Watson and Watt stay healthy 

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's June, perfect time to predict dumpster ? potential of all 32 teams.  Basically by listing their off season moves and little more

I did mention it was a slow time :) also figure it's a good change of pace to talk about other teams issues, Jets get enough grief and look good in comparison

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

The coverage didn’t make the Jets. The Jets made the coverage.

There is potential for fireworks between Gase and Williams, sure, but to me the potential for catastrophic collapse falls on two things:

1) Can the OLine provide even mediocre performance on rush and pass plays or will we lead the league in 3-and-outs per drive?

2) Can the secondary stop anyone from passing all day or will we regularly be giving up 300 yard days to below average QBs.

That's it for me.  Either of those go the wrong way and our season is a dumpster fire.

7 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:
Interesting how many team have fireworks and/or dumpster fire potential (get your popcorn ready) Slow couple of weeks in JetNation so here is my list;

1. Buccaneers - Arians, todd-kacy, Winston #1 for many reasons
  2. Cardinals  - two first round QB's in two years - 5'10" QB's the new rage? Kliffy could not win in Big12 but NFL is easier?
  3. Raiders - Chucky, AB, moving to Vegas, made for hard knocks 
  4. Browns - Expectations, OBJ, Mayfield - can they move forward from last year or regress?
  5. Giants - Eli and mini-me (Jones) - loss to Haskins will create frenzy in NY Media
  6. Vikings - NFCCG then pay kirk $90m and regress? even mid-western fans will lose sense of humor
  7. Steelers - King ben? after effect a year after implosion - hurt feelings remain
  8. Fins - Rosen vs Fitzmagic on a team built for the tank
  9. Packers - Rodgers and a new coach, broken hammy 
  10. Bengals - after 15 years of Marvin and they replace him with a kid, what can go wrong?
  11. Texans - no GM? Edits from MDL_JET: can Oline improve? can Watson and Watt stay healthy ?
  12. Jaguars - Is Foles the answer, contract holdouts, will it ever be their year?
  13. Pat* - is this the final year?
  14. Jets - Coaches have fire - can it be controlled
  15. Bills - Josh Allen the interception machine? or can completion percentage increase in NFL
  16. Broncos - last chance for Flacco with young QB waiting to step in 
  17. Ravens - life after Flacco
  18. Cowboys - looming big contracts for Zek, Dak and Amari
  19. Redskins - can Gruden Jr develop Haskins?
  20. 49ers - is Jimmy healthy? will he ever be?
  21. Seahawks - Wilson now the highest paid QB but legion go boom
  22. Panthers - does Cam have weaponz?
  23. Titans - second year coach - is MM really a FQB
  24. Lions - second year coach -  How long can you waste a FQB
  25. Falcons - how long can you waste a FQB
  26. Bears - do you have a FQB?
  27. Saints - Brees is older
  28. Chargers - so is Rivers
  29. Eagles - year without Foles, can Wentz stay healthy
  30. Can Rams repeat, did BB provide blueprint to beat this team?
  31. Can Chiefs repeat success, will Andy ever win the big game?
  32. Colts - Lucks best chance to date

What do you think? how would you rank the potential for disfunction - we know it will happen but where?

Thought this was entertaining. After all it's June, and if you are on this board you must have some time to kill. If you don't like it put your own material up to read or have a chuckle.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Potential dumpster fire teams in no particular order:

Bucs

Cardinals (but an interesting experiment nonetheless)

Raiders

Jets

Browns

Giants

Dolphins

Bills

This is basically the list I started with before I started thinking about possibilities and adding teams (once I got past 20 I figured I would go all the way), had to consider the Jets "since this is a Jets forum" and could not start a thread that is not Jets related - LOL 

Teams with the most pressure to win now?   I'd say the Vikings (Cousins in year 2 needs to prove he's worth the $$$ and their Cap is about to blow up) and all the teams in the final year or two with their long-time franchise QBs (Steelers-Ben, Chargers-Rivers, etc.)

There's a real changing of the guard happening with the QBs.  You can feel it.  Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, Brady and even Rodgers are in the twilight of their careers.  Mahomes, Luck, Watson, Mayfield, Darnold and all these other young guys coming in are hungry to take over the NFL.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Teams with the most pressure to win now?   I'd say the Vikings (Cousins in year 2 needs to prove he's worth the $$$ and their Cap is about to blow up) and all the teams in the final year or two with their long-time franchise QBs (Steelers-Ben, Chargers-Rivers, etc.)

There's a real changing of the guard happening with the QBs.  You can feel it.  Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, Brady and even Rodgers are in the twilight of their careers.  Mahomes, Luck, Watson, Mayfield, Darnold and all these other young guys coming in are hungry to take over the NFL.

Agreed, the changeover rarely goes smooth

I think Rivers will be ok, there does not seem to be a replacement on the roster (and he needs a SB) Brees takes a ton of cap space so that always interesting unless they are winning and baby brady is protected

Eli and Ben top the list for me especially if Brown and Bell are on fire while remaining Steelers are flat - Haskins will put pressure on vagiants (still can't believe Mac could not generate trade down from that situation)

Rodgers is the long shot - he seems to always have some drama and there will be scrutiny on his relationship with the new younger coach

Archived