What is Wrong with NY Sports Fans?

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't have the energy to explain every single thing to you, and then debate it for 100 posts as per usual.

If you don't see a difference between a stadium full of NY'er booing a 21 year old kid simply for his team drafting him vs. one poster on a forum discussing the draft and raising questions re: arm strength before the draft, well, ok. 

To you they are clearly the same. 

They're not, at all, but believe what you like.  I have no intention to debate you on it.

More generally to the current thread: Detroit Pizza is basically a variation of Sicilian Pizza, and both are awesome IMO.

No, I dont see the difference, thats why I wrote it.

Both cases are people complaining over something they really dont know all there is to know.  Actually, I dont think Yankee fans were booing Jones the player, they were booing the situation and Gettleman.  If the Giants played it right, went with J Allen first and Jones with one of their later 1st, no one would have booed

I dont want to debate, theres no reason to.  My opinion is different than yours.

You want to play it as a pissing contest, go for it.  

I will agree, Detroit Pizza is Sicilian just made in a deeper oil tray 

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, I dont see the difference, thats why I wrote it.

Both cases are people complaining over something they really dont know all there is to know.  Actually, I dont think Yankee fans were booing Jones the player, they were booing the situation and Gettleman.  If the Giants played it right, went with J Allen first and Jones with one of their later 1st, no one would have booed

I dont want to debate, theres no reason to.  My opinion is different than yours.

You want to play it as a pissing contest, go for it.

Whatever you say.

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I will agree, Detroit Pizza is Sicilian just made in a deeper oil tray 

Primary difference seems to be the crispy burned and blackened cheese-edge in a Detroit Pizza.  Sicilian has more of a beady-but-crisp cheese-free unburned crust.

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Whatever you say.

Primary difference seems to be the crispy burned and blackened cheese-edge in a Detroit Pizza.  Sicilian has more of a beady-but-crisp cheese-free unburned crust.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't have the energy to explain every single thing to you, and then debate it for 100 posts as per usual.

If you don't see a difference between a stadium full of NY'er booing a 21 year old kid simply for his team drafting him vs. one poster on a forum discussing the draft and raising questions re: arm strength before the draft, well, ok. 

To you they are clearly the same. 

They're not, at all, but believe what you like.  I have no intention to debate you on it.

More generally to the current thread: Detroit Pizza is basically a variation of Sicilian Pizza, and both are awesome IMO.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Whatever you say.

I dont get your posting style.  

Engage people, answer their posts or just by posting on a public message board and then get twisted and snippy when someone replies and argue over the process.

You are the one who posts over the top trolling posts, like Darnold has a weak arm ala Chad or calling out Josh McCown for being a loser in a thread where people are wishing him luck in the future and then seems shocked when someone who knows better disagrees.

You take everything far to personal.  You actually could use a little NY attitude

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually I've had some really good deep dish in Chicago and liked it.

Its just not pizza.  

Huh....I could have SWORE it said Giorgano's PIZZA, and Pequod's PIZZA. 

Now, it isn't NY style pizza, but its still pizza.  Kinda like NY style pizza isn't the real thing like Italian pizza. 

This comparison is FUN!

As far as NY, I would take Chicago in a heartbeat as for a city.  I dislike Vancouver and Toronto almost equally, and would take the mountain views of Banff or the coastal waters of the Nova Scotian shores any day. 

Perhaps what many love NY for are the things that I dislike, just like the things I like about Chicago are what someone from NY would avoid.  Interesting to say the least.

The one thing we all agree on; no matter where you are born in the U.S. or Canada, the vast majority of people have a hometown pizza place that you would take over any other for your final meal.  With that said, I might have to drive to mine and get some!

30 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Perhaps what many love NY for are the things that I dislike, just like the things I like about Chicago are what someone from NY would avoid.  Interesting to say the least.

The one thing we all agree on; no matter where you are born in the U.S. or Canada, the vast majority of people have a hometown pizza place that you would take over any other for your final meal.  With that said, I might have to drive to mine and get some!

Hit the nail on the head.  I love NY because of its craziness.  Its like no other city in the vibe it has, it has a soul that not every city has or to the degree it has.  I've been to many cities that people love and to me, compared to NY its like comparing Olive Garden to a real italian restaurant.

I agree with the last part, I've lived in NYC, NY, Florida.  The best in whatever area I've been in has always been good enough to be my last meal.   

55 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Now, it isn't NY style pizza, but its still pizza.  Kinda like NY style pizza isn't the real thing like Italian pizza. 

My daughter was in Rome, and all excited to eat the food there. Found the restaurants in the city to be a little disappointing. She mentioned this to a waitress who replied, "if you want real good, authentic Italian food, you have to go to either Tuscany or New York City." True story. 

9 minutes ago, slats said:

My daughter was in Rome, and all excited to eat the food there. Found the restaurants in the city to be a little disappointing. She mentioned this to a waitress who replied, "if you want real good, authentic Italian food, you have to go to either Tuscany or New York City." True story. 

You have to know where in Rome to eat.  But any spot in Rome is better than NYC and I love NYC food. The tiniest pizzeria on some side street is better pizza than NY.  And again, I love NY pizza.

The food in Tuscany is different than Rome but off the charts great.

My favorite city in Europe, Rome is my second favorite.  

22 hours ago, jgb said:

“NYC is the greatest city in the world,” said no one who has been outside the US.

This is not true.

I've been to every major city in Europe and the UK and a bunch of the tiny beautiful ones and whilst I love Europe and the UK, NYC is still the greatest city in the world.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

This is not true.

I've been to every major city in Europe and the UK and a bunch of the tiny beautiful ones and whilst I love Europe and the UK, NYC is still the greatest city in the world.

Congratulations you’ve proven a joke isn’t literal. What’s your next trick?

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, in my experience, people outside the US are actually more likely to think New York City is the "Greatest City in the World." 

Haven’t met those folks although it does hold an allure for them for sure 

1 hour ago, slats said:

LOL

Have to agree with your daughter.  I love Italian food.  Went to Rome some years ago, for the express purpose of getting "Great" food.

In all honesty was extremely disappointed.   

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Have to agree with your daughter.  I love Italian food.  Went to Rome some years ago, for the express purpose of getting "Great" food.

I’m actually in Milan now. Freaking absurd food but locals are bringing me to places with 4 tables far away from tourists 

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

In Rome we generally went to Trastevere across the river.  There are plenty of good spots, but way more tourist traps.  

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m actually in Milan now. Freaking absurd food but locals are bringing me to places with 4 tables far away from tourists 

How long are you there?  I was there five years.  I could give you a list as long as your arm.  Milan isn't touristy, so doesn't have the problems of Rome or Venice, but plenty of high priced places taking advantage of you traveling business men.  I lived in Brera.  There were about 10 places I'd stake my life on right there.  Most of them have chefs from Tuscany or Sicily.  Milan is mostly risotto and cutlets with some osso buco thrown in. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

My daughter was in Rome, and all excited to eat the food there. Found the restaurants in the city to be a little disappointing.

Then IMHO she didn't go to the right places.  Tourist places in Rome and many and are crap.  Like remarkably crap, actually.

The good places tho.....wow.  Life altering.

As a foodie (fatty?) I did alot of research before I went, and man it paid off bigtime.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

In Rome we generally went to Trastevere across the river.  There are plenty of good spots, but way more tourist traps.  

How long are you there?  I was there five years.  I could give you a list as long as your arm.  Milan isn't touristy, so doesn't have the problems of Rome or Venice, but plenty of high priced places taking advantage of you traveling business men.  I lived in Brera.  There were about 10 places I'd stake my life on right there.  Most of them have chefs from Tuscany or Sicily.  Milan is mostly risotto and cutlets with some osso buco thrown in. 

Only here this week on business (been here 15 times in ten years). Had ossobuco con risotto alla milanese tonight!

i’m based in Munich now but have responsibility for Europe and Russia and all the former Soviet states. 

Next time Milan will definitely ask for those recommendations.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I have to disagree as someone who has been all over the world

The only cities I think that come close to NY are Rome, Prague and Vancouver.

Ridiculous.    Manhattan to 96 st. But the rest is similar to the rest of the world.  Madrid Barcelona London Paris  etc.   

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Only here this week on business (been here 15 times in ten years). Had ossobuco con risotto alla milanese tonight!

i’m based in Munich now but have responsibility for Europe and Russia and all the former Soviet states. 

Next time Milan will definitely ask for those recommendations.

Please do.  I am pretty solid throughout Italy with the exception of Naples.  Spent all my time from Rome north and Sicily, except a brief trip to Scila where my grandfather is from.  Tons of tourist stuff too, though Milan is more for aperitivo with you fancy folk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Ridiculous.    Manhattan to 96 st. But the rest is similar to the rest of the world.  Madrid Barcelona London Paris  etc.   

Those cities are great in their own right but they're not like NYC.  That's not a slight, just wrong.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Those cities are great in their own right but they're not like NYC.  That's not a slight, just wrong.

NYC is becoming a liberal shlthole where people shot on the sidewalks.   It is my hometown but it has changed.  Grew up in Yorkville upper east side.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Please do.  I am pretty solid throughout Italy with the exception of Naples.  Spent all my time from Rome north and Sicily, except a brief trip to Scila where my grandfather is from.  Tons of tourist stuff too, though Milan is more for aperitivo with you fancy folk. 

Thanks bud definitely. Went for aperitivo before dinner in fact although expense account living different from real life!

Meh, booing is fun. Most people do it to be part of the show. No harm is done and the players could care less.

Besides, maybe only a few boo'd and they made a big deal of it. 

Trivial stuff. Fans don' owe jocks any respect of any kind..as long as they aren't throwing batteries on the field

3 hours ago, slats said:

Oh yes, Rome is not the place for Italian.  Now FLORENCE....

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Thanks bud definitely. Went for aperitivo before dinner in fact although expense account living different from real life!

For poor folks, that is dinner!  Fashion Cafe has a really good one on San Marco a couple of blocks from my old place.  One great thing about being an American in Europe is that they eat so damn late.  You can stroll up to you any restaurant without a reservation at 7 and get a table.  What is strange is that they basically expect you to have the table for the night, so you'd think they'd care. 

What was this thread about again?  What is wrong with NY Sports fans?  You can start with NO APERITIVO!

Wow, it is amazing all the well traveled people that are on here talking about their travels and there food prefences! Listening to all your world experiences has really helped me fall asleep tonight...thanks! When I wake up, I will tell you all about my African Safari and European experiences, and eating out of baskets.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Was in Rome a few months ago. 

Osteria da Fortunata great handmade pasta with an old woman hand rolling the pasta in the front window. 

Florence is my favorite but I love the food on the Amalfi Coast. 

7 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Except when I went to Italy, the pizza that I tried was actually inferior to NY pizza. No joke.

Yeah, what IS wrong with NY sports fans?

I came here expecting people with a rough exterior, who could handle sarcasm and criticism. Savvy, with a wide range sense of humor.

Turns out they're just  as wussy as the rest of the politically correct indoctrinated world. Odds are, all this talk about better pizza , is a lie too  waaaa they're  booing a guy waaa  

Jones enjoys the boo's . He's getting paid big time bucks. He can't' even hear them. 

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Yep. I experienced the same thing. Because my father was born there, and could communicate better than the rest of us, he was able to find some good spots to eat that were off the beaten path. But overall the food was pretty disappointing.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Then IMHO she didn't go to the right places.  Tourist places in Rome and many and are crap.  Like remarkably crap, actually.

The good places tho.....wow.  Life altering.

As a foodie (fatty?) I did alot of research before I went, and man it paid off bigtime.

You want to try life altering food? Go to Munich. I went there for Oktoberfest about 11 years ago. The food was spectacular.

And don't even get me started on the beer. Amazing. You're a foodie. I'm a beer freak. And not one of these pretentious hipster bags of sh!t who drinks craft IPAs with chamomile and hamster dingleberries in them. I'm talking real beer. Old school stuff brewed by monks. Artisanal stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Yeah, what IS wrong with NY sports fans?

I came here expecting people with a rough exterior, who could handle sarcasm and criticism. Savvy, with a wide range sense of humor.

Turns out they're just  as wussy as the rest of the politically correct indoctrinated world. Odds are, all this talk about better pizza , is a lie too  waaaa they're  booing a guy waaa  

Jones enjoys the boo's . He's getting paid big time bucks. He can't' even hear them. 

Now here is somebody to throw batteries at. 

• Haha 1