Has Mccagnan spoke to media since firing?

Just now, More Cowbell said:

2019, Adam Gase told us to hire Joe Douglas, so we did. 

How is this different from the processes  you just pointed out? 

Because the Johnson's had little to do with it.  And at least the hire came from WITHIN.  Paul Tagliabue, Korn Ferry and Charlie Casserly didn't care if we won or not.  Gase does. 

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, so you think the hiring of the GM should fall to a HC who has been here for a hot minute and has not really accomplished  much in the league? 

Yeah. 

They hired Gase, they want Gase to be successful (should be obvious), so why wouldn't they give him everything he needs to have that success? Chris Johnson all but admitted that he retained Mac while firing Bowles because the prospect of hiring a GM and head coach at the same time was too daunting. He leaned on Mac to hire Gase, it's no surprise that he leaned on Gase to hire Douglas. And really, that way of making hires is better than paying Korn-Cassery to recommend their incompetent friends. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The hire was basically taken out of the hands of the owners this time around.  So you should be agreeing with me that Gase making that call is better than the Johnson's heading up the hiring process, no?

How was this taken out of ownerships hands? Did Gase put a gun to CJ's head and put a contract for Joe Douglas in his hands and tell him either his signature or his brains will be on the contract, or was it more like Adam wants this guy so I want to get the guy Adam wants. 

Look, I think I said a number of times it seems like a good hire, but the way we got there, not good. Ownership still sucks and until that changes I doubt  not much of anything will. 

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because the Johnson's had little to do with it.  And at least the hire came from WITHIN.  Paul Tagliabue, Korn Ferry and Charlie Casserly didn't care if we won or not.  Gase does. 

If your point is you are ok with it because you respect Gase more than the others, I can get in board with that but nothing has changed with the way ownership approaches these kind of decisions.  I think it was Freud who said insanity was doing the same thing exactly the same way and expecting a different result. 

25 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah. 

They hired Gase, they want Gase to be successful (should be obvious), so why wouldn't they give him everything he needs to have that success? Chris Johnson all but admitted that he retained Mac while firing Bowles because the prospect of hiring a GM and head coach at the same time was too daunting. He leaned on Mac to hire Gase, it's no surprise that he leaned on Gase to hire Douglas. And really, that way of making hires is better than paying Korn-Cassery to recommend their incompetent friends. 

I think this time we were just lucky the friend of the guy he asked seems to makes sense to us

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I think this time we were just lucky the friend of the guy he asked seems to makes sense to us

It definitely looks to me like they stumbled themselves into some solid front office hires. I'll take it. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If your point is you are ok with it because you respect Gase more than the others, I can get in board with that but nothing has changed with the way ownership approaches these kind of decisions.  I think it was Freud who said insanity was doing the same thing exactly the same way and expecting a different result.  

The term for that is perseveration.  Perseveration is unhealthy.  Perseverance is not. 

On 6/22/2019 at 4:44 AM, NYJ1 said:

Well I don't and I'll guarantee you right now about draft time the fan base won't give a hoot how Douglas was hired. The ONLY thing anyone cares about is, "Can he draft talent?"

Well, considering that all we have to look at at the moment is where this guy Douglas came from, I'd say that is the only thing to talk about. It's all speculative otherwise.  If you don't have any interest in dissecting how good you think he can be as a GM due to his pedigree and past experiences vs Macc's pedigree and experiences then there is no conversation to be had. I'm not sure why this conversation is taking place in June. We don't have a Douglas Jets draft to look at. 

While I agree the Jets seem to now seem to be in a better situation than they were, if this move doesn't work out (and there's far from any guarantees it will), we'll all be crucifying CJ in a few years from now, for letting his prior failure of a GM hire a recently fired failure of a HC, and then letting that guy hire a buddy of his as the new GM, who's resume was simply working for a bunch of GMs who were very successful both with and without him.

This current perspective of Maccagnan didn't exist back when we was first hired.  The final storyline for Douglas will all be completely dependent on his overall success or failure with the team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The hire was basically taken out of the hands of the owners this time around.  So you should be agreeing with me that Gase making that call is better than the Johnson's heading up the hiring process, no?

Honestly, I don't know. If you are going on the premise that even the janitor is better than CJ making the decision, I guess but hiring a GM is a big deal IMO and I would have prefered the decision be made by someone who wasn't just fired by the Fins because he was thought to be bad at his job.   

20 hours ago, Pac said:

and you are?  your opinion of what constitutes a superior hiring process means about as much as the sh-t my pug just took on my neighbors lawn.

The fact is that if this is a playoff roster, which I believe it could be, then it was Macc who built it.  If Douglas can improve on that while being able to handle Gases mood swings then it was a good hire.  no one cares who liked him in Philadelphia.

I KNEW IT!!!!!! I knew you were the type of guy who doesn't clean up after his dog. Its only a matter of time before this happens:

image.png.1692fef3b91ccf1bc76ce08d6747c94b.png

On 6/23/2019 at 2:22 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

You owning a pug is too on brand for words, really. 

Don't underestimate the unbridled power of a properly trained pug.. 

This is Tubbs...  she takes no sh-t. 

One word from me and she'd end your life.

48123002596_5b9e81ba5d_m

• Upvote 2

On 6/19/2019 at 7:36 PM, Beerfish said:

Did they interview Czar Nicholas, Louis the 16th and Shah of Iran after they left?

The Shah, yes they did as I recall.  The other two had their job termination and life termination occur too closely together to allow for interviews.