IF the Jets had to cut down to 5 or 6 WRs today, who would be in?

If the Jets had to cut to the final 5 or 6 WRs today?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. CUT TO 5 (Please select 2 of the following to MAKE THE TEAM - add to Enunwa, Anderson, and Crowder for 5 total

• Josh Bellamy
    • Deontay Burnett
    • Greg Dortch
    • Quadree Henderson
    • JJ Jones
    • Charone Peake
    • Jeff Smith
    • Deonte Thompson
    • Tim White
  2. 2. CUT TO 6 (Please select 3 of the following to MAKE THE TEAM - add to Enunwa, Anderson, and Crowder) for 6 total

• Josh Bellamy
    • Deontay Burnett
    • Greg Dortch
    • Quadree Henderson
    • JJ Jones
    • Charone Peake
    • Jeff Smith
    • Deonte Thompson
    • Tim White

If the Jets had to cut down to the final roster today:

Who would be the 5 WRs if they went with 5? (Select 2 from the list above)

Who would be the 6 WRs if they went with 6? (Select 3 from the list) above

For the purposes of this question, we are assuming Enunwa, Anderson, and Crowder are in.

I voted Josh Bellamy twice because they signed him to a multi-year deal and gave him guaranteed money but then I realized, Joe Douglas and Gase probably dont care about the 900k or whatever it was Mac gave him.

I like Burnett and Dortch to make the team.  Burnett as a WR and Dortch as a KR/PR/WR.  

Looking at it again, it might be Deonte Thompson to round it out.  He's the most proven WR of the group and knows Gases system.  He also used to return kicks.  Quadree Henderson did return punts last year for the Giants but I feel like we're either going to see Crowder or Dortch in that role which makes Henderson expendable. So...

Anderson>Enunwa>Crowder>Thompson or Bellamy>Burnett>Dortch

• Upvote 1

Enunwa                                                            Anderson.                                                        Crowder.                                                          Bellamy.                                                           Thompson.                                                    White or Dortch       

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

I voted Josh Bellamy twice because they signed him to a multi-year deal and gave him guaranteed money but then I realized, Joe Douglas and Gase probably dont care about the 900k or whatever it was Mac gave him.

I like Burnett and Dortch to make the team.  Burnett as a WR and Dortch as a KR/PR/WR.  

Looking at it again, it might be Deonte Thompson to round it out.  He's the most proven WR of the group and knows Gases system.  He also used to return kicks.  Quadree Henderson did return punts last year for the Giants but I feel like we're either going to see Crowder or Dortch in that role which makes Henderson expendable. So...

Anderson>Enunwa>Crowder>Thompson or Bellamy>Burnett>Dortch

I think Peake has a real shot if they keep 6, because he's so valuable on specials

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I think you were right the first time.  Bellamy was a guy that Gase supposedly asked for .  Gase and Loggains had him in Chicago.

• Upvote 1

I liked Jeff Smith for his speed and versatility but he has got to get back on the field.  Last I read he had a hamstring and has fallen behind guys like White and Dorch.  Not sure what his timetable is but he is missing out on a golden opportunity here. 

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I think Peake has a real shot if they keep 6, because he's so valuable on specials

I think Bellamy makes it ahead of Peake as primary ST gunner.  Gase had Bellamy in Chicago (no idea what he thought of him). I just don't see Peake making the team again since we have other options at gunner:  Bellamy and Cannon.

Gase said positive things about White today. Burnett has flashed every day but he switched to White when asked about Burnett, not sure if that meant anything. We have an offensive head coach. It wouldn't surprise me to see 7 WRs. I also think Williamson might be traded because of Cashman. Bellamy 7s a Macc pic that has not stood out at all.