Jump to content
sec101row23

College Football 2019

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, RobR said:

Great football game tonight. 

Fell asleep after Houston tied it in the final minute.  Too tired to watch what I thought would be OT; then I saw this AM that Tulane pulled it out.  While everyone was bitching and moaning on the main board about the awful Thursday night game; all they had to do was flip the channel for an incredibly entertaining college game.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia is going to blow the doors off the slow footed corn eaters from Notre Dame.  I'd take that 14 and a hook all day long.  

One thing is for certain in college Football, when the Golden Domer go South, they lose by 30.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Georgia is going to blow the doors off the slow footed corn eaters from Notre Dame.  I'd take that 14 and a hook all day long.  

One thing is for certain in college Football, when the Golden Domer go South, they lose by 30.

Sure hope you are right, but the Jet fan in me gets nervous before any game and this one is no different. 

This is a statment game for us and for ND.  If we want to be consiered among the elite of the college football world, as a true national title contender, we have to beat the Irish handily.  Just like Clemson or Bama likely would;  From their persepctive, this is a chance to prove that they can compete with an elite top 5 team in their building. 

If ND loads the box and stops the run -- then it becomes a game of Book vs Fromm and Fromm has not shown ability to beat a Top 10 team with his arm.  If they can't stop our running game, it will be a loong evening for ND; but if they can, it could be a tight game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sure hope you are right, but the Jet fan in me gets nervous before any game and this one is no different. 

This is a statment game for us and for ND.  If we want to be consiered among the elite of the college football world, as a true national title contender, we have to beat the Irish handily.  Just like Clemson or Bama likely would;  From their persepctive, this is a chance to prove that they can compete with an elite top 5 team in their building. 

If ND loads the box and stops the run -- then it becomes a game of Book vs Fromm and Fromm has not shown ability to beat a Top 10 team with his arm.  If they can't stop our running game, it will be a loong evening for ND; but if they can, it could be a tight game.

If this game had the word "championship" involved, I'd get it.  Georgia has been the ultimate let down team for their fans over the years when it really matters.  But this game in the big picture, probably doesnt.   They could lose this game and still find their way to the playoff.    So that said, a regular season game, between the hedges vs. the always totally overrated ND team?  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.   They cant stop the run and you guys have the best OL in the country.  I could see Swift going for 200+ alone.  

Book wants to run.  He's ND's leading rusher in attempts and yards.  That sh*t wont fly vs. Georgia's speed.  They're going to dare him to throw and he cant.  Legit, I see you guys winning by 20+ if not more. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JiF said:

If this game had the word "championship" involved, I'd get it.  Georgia has been the ultimate let down team for their fans over the years when it really matters.  But this game in the big picture, probably doesnt.   They could lose this game and still find their way to the playoff.    So that said, a regular season game, between the hedges vs. the always totally overrated ND team?  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.   They cant stop the run and you guys have the best OL in the country.  I could see Swift going for 200+ alone.  

Book wants to run.  He's ND's leading rusher in attempts and yards.  That sh*t wont fly vs. Georgia's speed.  They're going to dare him to throw and he cant.  Legit, I see you guys winning by 20+ if not more. 

 

No matter what the conventional wisdom may say about this game, the Mets-Jets fan in me, will always find reasons why we may lose.  I don't think I have ever felt confident going into a big game with one of my teams since the Islanders dynasty in the early 80s; maybe the Mets in 86, but that was washed away two years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lith said:

No matter what the conventional wisdom may say about this game, the Mets-Jets fan in me, will always find reasons why we may lose.  I don't think I have ever felt confident going into a big game with one of my teams since the Islanders dynasty in the early 80s; maybe the Mets in 86, but that was washed away two years later.

Oh trust me, I get it.  It's not like Georgia has been kind to you either...I'm just saying, you can book this one my brother.  Take it from a Gators fan, the final score will be somewhere around:  34-10.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

No matter what the conventional wisdom may say about this game, the Mets-Jets fan in me, will always find reasons why we may lose.  I don't think I have ever felt confident going into a big game with one of my teams since the Islanders dynasty in the early 80s; maybe the Mets in 86, but that was washed away two years later.

I get that mentality, but I would be surprised if ND hung around with you guys.  Your O-line is just too good.  Plus your 2020 recruiting class is LOADED with 4 and 5 star O linemen.  I can see a UGA lineman being selected in the first round for about 3-4 years now.  

ND shouldn’t be able to do too much offensively, Book is pretty limited against good defenses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Pittman kid from USC put on a show last night.  Another 6’4” big body WR who can play.  Need to watch this guy some more. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How bad is Michigan.  Down 28-0 to Wisconsin.  65 yard pass play on their first play from scrimmage (followed by a fumble 2 plays later), and they end the half with about 80 yards of offense.  Wisconsin loses Jonathan Taylor at 14-0 and just keeps going up and down the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we had a home field advantage at Met Life like the Dawgs have in Athens.  Crowd might literally have won that game for us last night.  Forcing ND to burn two TOs in the 3rd quarter.  They had all the momentum heading into the final drive.  If they still had 3 TOs, could very well have been a  different outcome.

Much respect to ND.  They played a solid game in a hostile environment, fought back when it seemed to be getting away from them and had a shot to win it at the end.  This game showed me two things.  They are a legit Top 10 team, and we have a ways to go before we can challenge Bama and Clemson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Lith said:

I wish we had a home field advantage at Met Life like the Dawgs have in Athens.  Crowd might literally have won that game for us last night.  Forcing ND to burn two TOs in the 3rd quarter.  They had all the momentum heading into the final drive.  If they still had 3 TOs, could very well have been a  different outcome.

Much respect to ND.  They played a solid game in a hostile environment, fought back when it seemed to be getting away from them and had a shot to win it at the end.  This game showed me two things.  They are a legit Top 10 team, and we have a ways to go before we can challenge Bama and Clemson.

Guess we both know our teams well.  Did not expect that to be so close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

I wish we had a home field advantage at Met Life like the Dawgs have in Athens.  Crowd might literally have won that game for us last night.  Forcing ND to burn two TOs in the 3rd quarter.  They had all the momentum heading into the final drive.  If they still had 3 TOs, could very well have been a  different outcome.

Much respect to ND.  They played a solid game in a hostile environment, fought back when it seemed to be getting away from them and had a shot to win it at the end.  This game showed me two things.  They are a legit Top 10 team, and we have a ways to go before we can challenge Bama and Clemson.

If we want Metlife to have the same atmosphere, we have to fill the stadium with 20 year olds and have Naty light pouring from the water fountains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, maury77 said:

If we want Metlife to have the same atmosphere, we have to fill the stadium with 20 year olds and have Naty light pouring from the water fountains. 

I’ll say this, I’ve been to many, many college football games both as a student and now as an alum, and the alum and adult fans are just as crazy as the students, some more so...Lol.  The atmosphere is different because the game and the traditions are different.  IMO, college fans are more passionate about their teams than NFL fans, there’s more of a connection to the school and program.   Go to an average NFL game and you’ll see a lot of casual fans, ones not even fans of the home team they are going to see.  You get some of those at college games, but far more are genuine passionate fans.  

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I’ll say this, I’ve been to many, many college football games both as a student and now as an alum, and the alum and adult fans are just as crazy as the students, some more so...Lol.  The atmosphere is different because the game and the traditions are different.  IMO, college fans are more passionate about their teams than NFL fans, there’s more of a connection to the school and program.   Go to an average NFL game and you’ll see a lot of casual fans, ones not even fans of the home team they are going to see.  You get some of those at college games, but far more are genuine passionate fans.  

 

Agreed.  The tradition is more rich, the pageantry all that stuff factors in to the game day experience.  Plus, every single regular season game means something, the NFL?  Not so much.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I’ll say this, I’ve been to many, many college football games both as a student and now as an alum, and the alum and adult fans are just as crazy as the students, some more so...Lol.  The atmosphere is different because the game and the traditions are different.  IMO, college fans are more passionate about their teams than NFL fans, there’s more of a connection to the school and program.   Go to an average NFL game and you’ll see a lot of casual fans, ones not even fans of the home team they are going to see.  You get some of those at college games, but far more are genuine passionate fans.  

 

 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  The tradition is more rich, the pageantry all that stuff factors in to the game day experience.  Plus, every single regular season game means something, the NFL?  Not so much.

Good posts.  And I agree with both.  I think as an alumnus of Clemson, Florida, or in my case, UGA, there is a connection with the school and the players, that you just don't have with the pros.  We have something in common with the guys playing and with our fellow alumni who are playing in the pros.  The players seem to be more passionate about the school they play for, the school they chose to attend than the pro team that owns their rights.

Pro football is a job.  College ball is about passion.  It comes through in the game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

 

Good posts.  And I agree with both.  I think as an alumnus of Clemson, Florida, or in my case, UGA, there is a connection with the school and the players, that you just don't have with the pros.  We have something in common with the guys playing and with our fellow alumni who are playing in the pros.  The players seem to be more passionate about the school they play for, the school they chose to attend than the pro team that owns their rights.

Pro football is a job.  College ball is about passion.  It comes through in the game.

Absolutely.  I’ll never forget drinking beers and watching Yankee games with Brentson Buckner at TD’s bar or getting dunked on and nearly killed by Chester McGlockton in intramural basketball....Lol.   You have classes with these guys, you get to know them as friends it’s just a different experience.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

6FAFFB0E-29DD-4151-8283-071272E60817.jpeg.f5ab090cf03fe4bb91975a2421c9dc8c.jpeg

I dont have social media, in fact, the only thing I do on the internet is post here and check surf reports...so I sent this to my buddy who's a big Dawgs fan...he said that's what he uses for his twitter username. lol  Good sense of humor. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont have social media, in fact, the only thing I do on the internet is post here and check surf reports...so I sent this to my buddy who's a big Dawgs fan...he said that's what he uses for his twitter username. lol  Good sense of humor. 

Also, guaranteed sponsor $$ when he gets drafted!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats your guys thoughts on taking Maryland +6.5 tonight against Penn State. Penn State is an absolute fraud. Maryland may be as well, but they love the big play and Penn State is susceptible to that. Night game, classesx being cancelled at 12. This is there CFP.

I want to put a grand on them, tell me why I should or shouldnt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Whats your guys thoughts on taking Maryland +6.5 tonight against Penn State. Penn State is an absolute fraud. Maryland may be as well, but they love the big play and Penn State is susceptible to that. Night game, classesx being cancelled at 12. This is there CFP.

I want to put a grand on them, tell me why I should or shouldnt?

Temple beating them while holding them to 17 points and Josh Jackson looking like the worst QB I've ever seen in my life last week would make me hesitant.  Franklin has also had Maryland's number, lost by 1 point his first year at Penn. St. but hasnt lost to them since.  Last 3 games were 38-3, 66-3, 38-14.  

If it was 7 and a hook, I'd like it.  Less than TD?  I dont man.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

Temple beating them while holding them to 17 points and Josh Jackson looking like the worst QB I've ever seen in my life last week would make me hesitant.  Franklin has also had Maryland's number, lost by 1 point his first year at Penn. St. but hasnt lost to them since.  Last 3 games were 38-3, 66-3, 38-14.  

If it was 7 and a hook, I'd like it.  Less than TD?  I dont man.

 

Thanks for the insight!

I was actually at that game where Franklin lost to Maryland, what a brutal day that was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Thanks for the insight!

I was actually at that game where Franklin lost to Maryland, what a brutal day that was. 

So what was the play? I put a little coin getting the 6.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobR said:

So what was the play? I put a little coin getting the 6.5.

Not lookinig good.  And as I type that Maryland with the pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching Penn St. roll tonight and I'm getting really annoyed that this Maryland team obliterated Syracuse week 2. The Clemson loss, okay, they're Clemson.

Is the Orange D that bad, or was there just not enough tape of the Terps offense yet? Temple seemed to crack the code last week...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not lookinig good.  And as I type that Maryland with the pick. 

I have never had this bad of a start against the spread when it comes to CFB. I need to bet the opposite of @Ruby2 if I want too make any money. Never count on Locksley...he even failed here at UNM. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm watching Penn St. roll tonight and I'm getting really annoyed that this Maryland team obliterated Syracuse week 2. The Clemson loss, okay, they're Clemson.

Is the Orange D that bad, or was there just not enough tape of the Terps offense yet? Temple seemed to crack the code last week...

 

 

Syracuse may have been looking ahead at the Clemson game the following week, and were perhaps reading too much of the press clippings praising themselves and being giddy with a top 25 ranking.   It happens sometimes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Virginia Tech’s program is in some serious trouble.  They could be the worst team in the ACC right now.  For a program that had so much success, this has to be brutal to watch.  Beamer never got enough credit for what he did in Blacksburg.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Virginia Tech’s program is in some serious trouble.  They could be the worst team in the ACC right now.  For a program that had so much success, this has to be brutal to watch.  Beamer never got enough credit for what he did in Blacksburg.  

It’s atrocious 

Even though we were never one of the true elites, at least Tech was always a consistent Top 25 team for the better part of the last 30 years.

Now we can’t even rely on Bud Foster’s defense or top end ST play anymore.

Don’t see it getting better anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...