So, our kicker ...

18 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

If there aren't 3 dudes competing for the job tomorrow, Gase can kiss my ass - I'll be done. If casual fans can see the obvious (for months) and the coach CAN'T, it's a professional problem.

You didn't hear, Gase doesn't believe in 3 points. Just 1,2 and 6.

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Guys...in the words of the immortal Antonio Brown....Chill.

99.5% of everything said on this board is nothing more than an opinion, no matter if it is dressed up as a fact or not.  

And that is a fact.

Fact is the stats I provided to @Jetsfan80  proving Parkey was better than Cattanzarro. 

I hate the fact when someone argues something and then is shut down by statistics they run and hide. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can't Lac Edwards handle that duty if needed?

As long as he still has the leg to hit 50+ yard FG's when needed, he has enough leg.  Since 2016 he's 18/22 (82 %) from 50+ with makes from 59, 57 and 57 in that span. 

You have literally never seen or heard of Lac Edwards kicking.  He is an Australian Rules Football guy.  I think they are more suited to punter than kicker.  The guy went to stinking Sam Houston State and didn't kick.  Now you are going to intentionally make him your kickoff guy, so you can sign a 44 year old?

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not notable enough.  Especially since he's been sitting on his couch for the last 2 NFL seasons!

He has been on his couch but not for that long. He was at the doctors office rehabbing for most of that time.  :)

• Sympathy 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, #27TheDominator said:

That is true, so why is he suddenly "feeling it?"  

I'm not trying to come up with possible explanations, I'm not saying that's why he struggled.  Obviously now that he "retired" he had since issues but this season the team has high expectations, something they didn't have 2 years ago when he was here and kicked well.

Cole Hedlund is the Kicker I wanted the Jets to make a play for as an undrafted free agent. He's in the Colts Camp but no likely to beat out Adam Vineterri. However, smart move by the young man since the lessons he can learn in just one camp with Vineterri are invaluable. Jets should keep an eye on him since the odds are he will evntually be cut.

https://www.colts.com/news/despite-windy-conditions-cole-hedlund-excels-in-nfl-debut