What are the Jets' Standards?

JetsLife

This Organization is a joke. They hire buffoons that no one else wants. They bench previous regime players but not their own. Faulk sucked, why not put the other guy in and see what he does. Bench whomever wasn't playing up to their standards. I guess being a Jets fan, we should always be thinking this is our year to only fall on our faces. So sick of this circus.

21 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

What about watching the tape of a 5-11 team is going to change my mind that the coach was doing a lousy job?

Well, it proves that you're simply a fan and not someone who digs deeper. The job that BB did the year before 5-11 was one of the most incredible seasons ever. The show also details how the 5-11 team was undermined by the owner. 

Look, most Patriots fans felt exactly the same way you do. Why the Hell would we want this failed bum as our coach? 5-11 the first year seemed to confirm this. SB the next. Then, the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

Seriously, watch that show and you'll realize why BB was successful in Cleveland. 

9 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

This Organization is a joke. They hire buffoons that no one else wants. They bench previous regime players but not their own. Faulk sucked, why not put the other guy in and see what he does. Bench whomever wasn't playing up to their standards. I guess being a Jets fan, we should always be thinking this is our year to only fall on our faces. So sick of this circus.

You guys were done in by injuries and this year is over. Once Mosely was out, the defense fell apart. Then Darnold with the kissing disease... You also have key players injured. Embrace the suck and get a high pick next year. Your key players come back too. Play the young guys to see what you have. 

Build the O-line and the D-line.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:24 AM, kelticwizard said:

What about watching the tape of a 5-11 [Belichick-coached Browns] team is going to change my mind that the coach was doing a lousy job?

4 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

The job that BB did the year before 5-11 was one of the most incredible seasons ever. The show also details how the 5-11 team was undermined by the owner.....

.....Seriously, watch that show and you'll realize why BB was successful in Cleveland. 

Taking over a team with a bad record the year before and leading them to a good record the next year does not make you a coach for the ages, immune from being fired for many years.  Hell, "Mangenius" took over a 4-12 Jets team the previous year and led them to the playoffs, only to watch them fall back the next year to 4-12 again. Mangini was gone the following year.

I remember the Browns that year,  I think Belichick's final game was something like 24-3, or similar.

5 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

You guys were done in by injuries and this year is over. Once Mosely was out, the defense fell apart. Then Darnold with the kissing disease... You also have key players injured. Embrace the suck and get a high pick next year. Your key players come back too. Play the young guys to see what you have. 

Where have you been the last 50 years?!

plackers GIF

On 9/22/2019 at 12:14 PM, Beerfish said:

The Jets are much like the other loser sports organization I cheer for that being the Edmonton Oilers.

The owner wants to do well and win they really do but they are simply not prepared to do what is necessary to win or they do jot realize what you have to do to win.

Completely agree...until, they hired Joe Douglas. Everything prior to his hire under Johnson & Johnson has been patchwork, PR, desperate bullsh*t...including the Gase hire.

What’s needed to be done since the Big Tuna left was hiring a football man with brains to run the organization (and pay that man his worth). It wasn’t just Joe D’s hire and salary, but the Johnson’s approved the budget that Douglas needed to run a successful front office.

The Johnson’s penny pinched the front office ever since they bought the team.  Talent acquisition and coaching staffs have suffered as a result. Any good organization will only as far as the system is set up to take it.

Let’s see if this new front office can clean the filth on and off the field of this team.

imo, the main problem with the jets is the front office culture.  i remember way back when they used to call the team a club when other teams like the cowboys were being run like businesses.  the jets tried to break out of this corporate mindset when they hired steinberg but he passed away too soon to make a difference.  parcells brought in the right attitude to be a successful football team but those lessons were mostly lost when bradway was gm followed by tannenbaum, idzik and mac.  to be fair, mac's hire was supposed to address the lack of professional people running the team but he didn't work out.  hopefully douglas can build a team.

the bottom line is all starts at the top.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

Agree with all of that and bench the slow, old, overrated players who are half assing it by I don't care who. Even if less talented but gives more effort than these losers. You change the culture by making big moves and correct moves. Build the D-line. We spent numerous first round picks on the D-line. Just draft pass rushers. DT's and NT's should be lower round picks or UDFA's. So far first round draft picks on the D-line have led us to no playoffs or multiple years of all pro or pro bowls. In addition no game wreckers.

Jamal congrats you had a pick 6 on a over throw by a backup QB. Now make the same plays against starting top notch QB's when the game is not out of place.

19 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Taking over a team with a bad record the year before and leading them to a good record the next year does not make you a coach for the ages, immune from being fired for many years.  Hell, "Mangenius" took over a 4-12 Jets team the previous year and led them to the playoffs, only to watch them fall back the next year to 4-12 again. Mangini was gone the following year.

I remember the Browns that year,  I think Belichick's final game was something like 24-3, or similar.

The owner sabotaged the team when he announced, during the season, he was moving the team. 

6 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

The owner sabotaged [Belichick's Browns team] the team when he announced, during the season, he was moving the team. 

So?  The San Diego Chargers anounced in Jan. 2016 they were moving to LA, and their record actually improved from 2015. The St. Louis Rams announced before the 2016 season that they were moving to LA, and their record in St Louis actually  improved the year after the announceent.  Belichick's Browns team didn't  stink because the the team announced a move-it stunk because Belichick couldn't get them to play.

8 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

So?  The San Diego Chargers anounced in Jan. 2016 they were moving to LA, and their record actually improved from 2015. The St. Louis Rams announced before the 2016 season that they were moving to LA, and their record in St Louis actually  improved the year after the announceent.  Belichick's Browns team didn't  stink because the the team announced a move-it stunk because Belichick couldn't get them to play.

Just go watch the documentary... What I'm telling you is well-established truth. It's you trying to deny we landed on the moon. I understand that you don't like BB, but changing facts doesn't help your cause.

11 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

SF, and Minni had good seasons to help tix sales too for the new stadiums..When did NO win their SB? We need @Hackenberg - Banned

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

Just go watch the documentary... What I'm telling you is well-established truth. It's you trying to deny we landed on the moon. I understand that you don't like BB, but changing facts doesn't help your cause.

So I'm a Moon Landing denier because I won't spend an hour of my life watching a documentary YOU recommend? It's your responsibility to make a cogent argument, and telling people "watch this documentary" doesn't qualify.  Belichick stunk as Browns' coach and he got fired.  End of story.