Patriots trade for WR Mohamed Sanu from Falcons

The Rich get richer 

Seemingly searching for help in their wide receiving corps all season, the Patriots have found some a week ahead of the trade deadline. 

The Patriots are trading the Falcons for wide receiver Mohamed Sanu in exchange for a second-round draft pick, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday morning. The Falcons later confirmed the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068463/article/patriots-trade-for-wr-mohamed-sanu-from-falcons

Giving up a 2 for Sanu is very steep .  Maybe a 4th/5th.  This is telling me the Pats are looking for one last shot at the dance.  Most of their defensive back 7 will be 30 or over next year except for the dude that could not keep his hands off of Thomas.

For BB to give up a 2 this is telling me that Bill and Tom are going to ride off into the sunset after this season.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Green Truth said:

Giving up a 2 for Sanu is very steep .  Maybe a 4th/5th.  This is telling me the Pats are looking for one last shot at the dance.  All of their back 7 will be over 30 next year except for the dude that could not keep his hands off of Thomas.

For BB to give up a 2 this is telling me that Bill and Tom are going to ride off into the sunset after this season.

They also gave up a 2nd and 4th for Welker... When Welker was wasting away on dolphins 

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There it is.

Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Meyers.....that's how they will roll along with Michel in the backfield.

Belichick is going to win the Super Bowl the same way he won the last one against the Rams, with stifling defense.

He's now got a 42 year old QB, no Gronkowski and only the guys who I mentioned above to catch passes.  This is going to be that m***** f*****'s greatest achievement yet.  FML

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Meyers.....that's how they will roll along with Michel in the backfield.

Belichick is going to win the Super Bowl the same way he won the last one against the Rams, with stifling defense.

He's now got a 42 year old QB, no Gronkowski and only the guys who I mentioned above to catch passes.  This is going to be that m***** f*****'s greatest achievement yet.  FML

Given the way things are going it seems that way. If I am going to accept that they'll be in the superbowl yet again, I hope it goes down like this. They put up the most ridiculous statistical defense in NFL history and stroll into the superbowl unscathed only to be carved up by Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Given the way things are going it seems that way. If I am going to accept that they'll be in the superbowl yet again, I hope it goes down like this. They put up the most ridiculous statistical defense in NFL history and stroll into the superbowl unscathed only to be carved up by Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.

Green Bay and their run defense should be on the phone with the Jets about Leo Williams.  It's one of their few week points and honestly think Leo would be a good fit.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Picked him up off waivers in fantasy. I sat Brady and Sony in fantasy this week for Miles Sanders and Sam Darnold cause of my loyalty to the Jets. Well F the Jets. I'm rolling out this Patriots stack to a FF championship this year. Wake me up when Adam Gase is gone

The year I had Brady,Gronk and White  I won $5000 in a 12 team $500 a team fantasy league.