Chase Young ???

THE BARON

12 hours ago, MicDrass1 said:

Is Myles Garrett winning games for the Browns .... no.   This dude is no better.  Build the oline.  It’s awful. 

So reach for an offensive lineman and don't fill a GLARING need at one of the most important positions in the current NFL with, by all accounts, one of the best ever prospects at that position?

Yeah.

Edit: I just googled it and it said that you are not allowed to sign or draft any OL players if you take a defensive pass rusher from Ohio State in the first round. I apologize.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:37 AM, THE BARON said:

I gather that most everyone has had their fill of Jets taking D-Line first overall.  There is a good chance that Chase Young will be available for the Jets in 2020.  If so, would that not be a good pick *IF* Darnold shows progress the rest of this season ???

Even if Darnold totally  sucks the rest of the season it is an amazing pick. 

The only way I pass on Chase is if Thomas is available but if we took Chase over Thomas I would still be ok.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, chirorob said:

The only defensive position to draft that high, in my opinion, is some one who can become a double digit sack guy.

By all accounts, Chase Young is one of those guys.   I have not watched him much, but top of the 1st round, you draft, QB, Guy who Hits QB, Guy who protects QB, Guy who catches passes from QB.

Please, don't  even mention drafting a QB or thos will turn into a draft Tua or Burrows thread

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So reach for an offensive lineman and don't fill a GLARING need at one of the most important positions in the current NFL with, by all accounts, one of the best ever prospects at that position?

Yeah.

Edit: I just googled it and it said that you are not allowed to sign or draft any OL players if you take a defensive pass rusher from Ohio State in the first round. I apologize.

It’s a stupid saying . There’s seriously some jets fans that think 1 player decides wins and losses. And consistently ignore the fact this is a TEAM sport. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah.

Every year there’s a one of the best ever at his position/at passrusher.

There’s two things 1000 times more important in today’s NFL then passrusher. The QB and the oline as a unit. CB and ED are tied for 3rd and 4th. 

How many wins would this team have this year if they drafted DE - Josh Allen? Probably only one still. The Jets have to fix the oline first and for most before worrying about ED, CB or WR because without it this team still isn’t winning sh*t. 

On 11/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, SR24 said:

That was more a desperation move than anything which I can understand. Getting back on Adams here though we could probably match his production for much cheaper go look at Karl Joseph from the Raiders their stats are similar but the pay is gonna be way way off. Joseph is also a free agent this year. Would be an adequate replacement for Adams if he does end up getting moved. 

Karl Joseph IR out for the season. 

19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Every year there’s a one of the best ever at his position at passrusher.

There’s two things 1000 times more important in today’s NFL then passrusher. The QB and the oline as a unit. CB and ED are tied for 3rd and 4th. 

How many wins would this team have this year if they drafted DE - Josh Allen? Probably only one still. The Jets have to fix the oline first and for most before worrying about ED, CB or WR because without it this team still isn’t winning sh*t. 

Pretty reasonable view. At the save time we covet safeties and Fat D line typically. A legit top tier pass rusher would be Yahtzee! 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty reasonable view. At the save time we covet safeties and Fat D line typically. A legit top tier pass rusher would be Yahtzee! 

In comparison to what the team has been drafting a passrusher would of been much better but still not the right pick. We’ll find out this year what direction Douglas is going to go. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

In comparison to what the team has been drafting a passrusher would of been much better but still not the right pick. We’ll find out this year what direction Douglas is going to go. 

I guess trading down and grabbing picks would be the actual answer this time. Especially if we can move couple guys we have now for picks. Only way Douglas can show his worth and get this team moving in the right direction. Even our needs got needs. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I guess trading down and grabbing picks would be the actual answer this time. Especially if we can move couple guys we have now for picks. Only way Douglas can show his worth and get this team moving in the right direction. Even our needs got needs. 

What I want to happen is a trade with the Raiders which gives the Jets 11 and 13 then draft a OT then OC/OG then go WR or ED. 
At 11 OT - Wirfs, Iowa is a possibility  and OC/OG - Biadasz, Wisconsin is a possibility at 13. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Every year there’s a one of the best ever at his position/at passrusher.

A thousand huh? 

We get five picks with the first rounder, right? It's like they all come as a package,  I assume? Do they all come from one team or do we get five from one conference? How does this work?

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

A thousand huh? 

We get five picks with the first rounder, right? It's like they all come as a package,  I assume? Do they all come from one team or do we get five from one conference? How does this work?

It works by drafting OL and getting top guys in FA unlike what the Jets have been doing. 

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So that makes (insert one offensive lineman) better and more impactful on your team overall than Chase Young.

Absolutely. You draft a couple oline high and get one or two FAs and it changes the oline dramatically. They need 5 OL plus depth so you need to use a much resources as possible after you get a QB to get a good unit. There’s also a good passrusher pretty much every year. 

19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Absolutely. You draft a couple oline high and get one or two FAs and it changes the oline dramatically. They need 5 OL plus depth so you need to use a much resources as possible after you get a QB to get a good unit. There’s also a good passrusher pretty much every year. 

Couple high 

One or two

FAs

Depth 

All with the first pick. Got it.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

You do understand that we're discussing the first round pick in this upcoming season, no?

Yes use it on the best OL prospect out there. That’s one needed player but there’s a lot more then just that. Get the best OL prospects until the OL isn’t a walking abortion then get ED, CBs and WRs. They should be drafting them high and often as well as getting them through FA. They have their QB in Darnold which is the most important piece now fix the Oline. 
Darnold would of been killed again today if the giants didn’t suck so bad. The only way this team wins is by helping Darnold then getting the missing pieces on defense. It’s going to take a few years. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

Yes use it on the best OL prospect out there. That’s one needed player but there’s a lot more then just that. Get the best OL prospects until the OL isn’t a walking abortion then get ED, CBs and WRs. They should be drafting them high and often as well as getting them through FA. They have their QB in Darnold which is the most important piece now fix the Oline. 
Darnold would of been killed again today if the giants didn’t suck so bad. The only way this team wins is by helping Darnold then getting the missing pieces on defense. It’s going to take a few years. 

Round and round we go

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Another day where we can't get pressure on the QB and a weak QB throws 4 TD's against us.  

Another day where Jets fans still somehow underrate the importance of an elite pass rusher.   

They had 6 sacks today. There were plays where they didn’t get pressure but I blame the CBs today. They’re awful. 

On 11/8/2019 at 10:16 AM, Maxman said:

The Cowboys wrote an article about Jamal Adams and put it on their site, remember? That first rounder will belong to the Jets.

The Cowboys thinking this year,  versus next year,  could be quite different.    The Cowboys want to win a title badly , and might have been willing to give up more to make that happen this year.    Next year the Cowboys have some expensive players they have to take care of ( Dak Prescott, and Amari Cooper) .    Can they afford what’s J Adams going to cost after the 2020 season.    Jmo I think the Cowboys go for a lesser safety like Karl Joseph in Fa.    

48 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Cowboys thinking this year,  versus next year,  could be quite different.    The Cowboys want to win a title badly , and might have been willing to give up more to make that happen this year.    Next year the Cowboys have some expensive players they have to take care of ( Dak Prescott, and Amari Cooper) .    Can they afford what’s J Adams going to cost after the 2020 season.    Jmo I think the Cowboys go for a lesser safety like Karl Joseph in Fa.    

Jamal Adams just scored a touchdown. So the Jets thinking is different now. They are keeping him now.

Thanks for the note.

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Another day where we can't get pressure on the QB and a weak QB throws 4 TD's against us.  

Another day where Jets fans still somehow underrate the importance of an elite pass rusher.   

The Jets couldn't get pressure? I don't mean this disrespectful but did you watch the game? They had a ton of sacks.

The problem is they have no cornerbacks and they have pass rushers playing middle linebacker along with guys who weren't on the team playing middle linebacker. The middle of the field is wide open.

The Giants had a terrible game plan they didn't attack the Jets they should have done short passes all game instead of running Barkley into a wall. Jets pass rushers was great yesterday though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

The Jets couldn't get pressure today? I don't mean this disrespectful but did you watch the game? I had a ton of sacks.

The problem is they have no cornerbacks and they have pass rushers playing middle linebacker along with guys who weren't on the team playing middle linebacker. The middle of the field is wide open.

The Giants had a terrible game plan they didn't attack the Jets they should have done short passes all game instead of running Barkley into a wall. Jets pass rushers was great yesterday though.

The addition of Minkah Fitzpatrick has totally transformed the Steelers defense. At the beginning of the year, they were giving up points by the bushel full, and could not stop a sneeze. They looked disjointed at all levels.

Enter Fitzpatrick and they have been a totally different defense. His emergence has allowed everyone else to excel in different roles and they have looked like one of the top defenses. They suffocated the Rams yesterday.

If the Jets can find a transformative CB, I believe it will make everyone else better on this defense. 

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets couldn't get pressure? I don't mean this disrespectful but did you watch the game? They had a ton of sacks.

The middle of the field is supposed to be the domain of Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye.  One would think the best safety duo in the NFL could handle that area of the field.  

My point stands:  We need a consistent pass rush on days where we're facing better OT's than Nate Solder.