Sam

14 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Just bad enough to lose. Just good enough that no one’s allowed to blame him for anything. Round and round we go

Mostly bad, really. Hopefully he will grow with the team that gets put around him moving forward. This is a hell of a learning experience. Gase, geez idk that's what scares me the most.

6 hours ago, Barton said:

This guy has literally zero help. Bad oline, bad receiving corp, scheme misfit at RB, average at best coaching. 

Can’t disagree.  Although I think Crowder and Robby and Robby deserve credit they have been very good.  Throw Griffin in there too.  But yeah overall I think it’s impressive that Sam still has shown great flashes despite the lack of talent around him,injuries, play calls etc

10 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Joe Burrow is 6 months older than Sam Darnold

None of these things matter to a bunch of angry Jets fans expecting a kid from souther California to make up for the atrocities of this cursed franchise over the past 40 years.  Sam has to play well enough not only to elevate guys like Daniel Brown and Jeff Smith into pass-catchers capable of beating the best team in the NFL, but also has to slay the demons of Fake Spikes, Doug Brien missed FGs, Mark Gastineau late hits in playoff games, and a muddy Miami football field in an AFC Championship Game.  I'm glad you made the point that Burrow is older than Darnold....I'll add that he also has a better offensive line.

• Upvote 1

I think he played ok last night with far less bad throws than usual, but at the moment hes just a guy. He struggled with the blitz pickups which is on him and the staff. The Ravens blitz all the time and inexplicably they werent ready for that. Still when you start making the excuses that he needs all these pieces around him it just means you dont think he can win games for the team. This is the same drama that we went through with Sanchez. He needs a new coordinator. He needs better receivers. He needs a better pass catcher out of the backfield. Rex just cant coach offense and is holding him back. Sure the Jets have deficiencies on the o-line and the coach is no good but talent generally overcomes that. Hes not at that level yet. Maybe he gets there, maybe he doesnt. But I think most should be disappointed with where he and the team are in his second year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, Sammybighead said:

He's throwing to practice squad guys for Christ sake. Can we please relax?

(Can't believe I'm going to defend Anderson)

Anderson and Crowder are most certainly NOT "practice squad guys", and the fact that 15+ people plus repped this rubbish says alot about the insanity of trying to discuss Sam Darnold.  Neither may be legit #1's, but both are absolutely legit #2/#3 NFL WR's.  And Bell is a hell of a ball catcher as well.  

Again, hyperbole just makes you look ignorant, no matter how many plus reps you get for it.

• Upvote 1

It's encouraging to know Joe Douglas came from Baltimore. It would lead you to believe JD might have that unique ability to pick diamonds in the rough as a means to kill it late in the draft? That with a good mix of no brainer/ BPA picks that he'll transform this roster? Only time will tell. 

The good thing is you have two more games against two good defenses.  You will be able to see how Sam attacks them and how he handles himself and the pressure.  I think the next two games are important for Sam to show some improvement and show the fanbase that he has learned something this year and is starting to figure it out as far as reading defenses and reacting.