Sam

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Huge supporter here.

sh*tty INT.

sh*tty fumble.

Just saying...

This, and in my opinion he gets next year with a hopefully better roster. If he still makes the same mistakes such as throwing ridiculous picks like the one at the end of the first half, its over. What makes me ill is Jackson was picked really late and is eons ahead of Sam

8 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Lot of good.

Lot of not good.

Discuss.

He’s running for his freaking life, are you kidding me… Hut hike, man in his face… Running, still making some plays... I hope Joe Douglas knows how to draft offensive lineman... I hope sam survives tonight… Do you think Lamar would look this great with our line

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, LSJF said:

He’s running for his freaking life, are you kidding me… Hut hike, man in his face… Running, still making some plays... I hope Joe Douglas knows how to draft offensive lineman... I hope sam survives tonight… Do you think Lamar would look this great with our line

Again, big supporter here.  Big supporter.  But I have to call a spade a spade: the kid is making mistakes.

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

I like some things I see.

I do not like others.

I have to hold out judgment until there's a full roster out there and an NFL caliber offensive line with some sense of cohesion.

That's the biggest problem with both Darnold and Gase.  How do you evaluate them with this roster?  It wasn't a good roster to begin with and then it sustained a lot of injuries.

It's like trying to assess a golfer playing in a hurricane.  How do you know if he's good or not?  When he shoots a 137 on 18  holes are you allowed to suggest the wind may have been a factor?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

That's the biggest problem with both Darnold and Gase.  How do you evaluate them with this roster?  It wasn't a good roster to begin with and then it sustained a lot of injuries.

It's like trying to assess a golfer playing in a hurricane.  How do you know if he's good or not?  When he shoots a 137 on 18  holes are you allowed to suggest the wind may have been a factor?

Gase I never wanted here. Sam for sure has been screwed by no talent around him.  Although I do like crowder, Robby, and a couple of our tight ends 

• Upvote 2

Bad pick at the end of the half. 

Build him an O-Line and a better roster across the board and we'll see for sure what we have.

Sam can play, there's still some things he needs to get better at, he should run more on 3rd and shorts, he misses some throws, but he makes a lot of really good throws as well.

He's a young QB on a bad team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Sam Darnold is what he is. You protect him and get him weapons, it allows him to be the gunslinger that he is. 

If you don't then he has to dissect and be patient and he isn't as good at that yet. That grows with the mental part of the game. He doesn't have a lot of experience at the position yet. 

Gase hasn't helped much. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

Sam Darnold is what he is. You protect him and get him weapons, it allows him to be the gunslinger that he is. 

If you don't then he has to dissect and be patient and he isn't as good at that yet. That grows with the mental part of the game. He doesn't have a lot of experience at the position yet. 

Gase hasn't helped much. 

Agreed with this sentiment.

13 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

One thing is for sure he doesnt make people around him better, he needs help for sure but the games he had against the worst teams in the NFL made me give up on him. If next year he can't make the jump to the next level he needs to be gone. Fkc It I would really consider Tua If i was JD.

Not many people would make Jeff Smith and Daniel Brown better 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Theyre blaming Darnold for an INT where his backup TE ran the wrong route.

A fumble where he was overrun by the DL

He has no time to throw to WRs who cant get open quick enough

All things considering who we're playing and who he's playing with, hes played well tonight.  

You want patience?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Seriously? The whole planet knew we were overmatched. He's throwing to practice squad guys for Christ sake. Can we please relax?

Throwing to practice squad guys is a great reason why we're not competitive with the best teams in the NFL.  It's not a reason for ill advised throws.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Theyre blaming Darnold for an INT where his backup TE ran the wrong route.

A fumble where he was overrun by the DL

He has no time to throw to WRs who cant get open quick enough

All things considering who we're playing and who he's playing with, hes played well tonight.  

You want patience?

Agreed. Sam still has things he needs to fix but I can’t disagree with anything you said 

Just now, Grandy said:

The pick was bad, but all things considered he had a solid game.

Fair Post.  The pick was a mistake but considering everything I still think we have a good future with him as long as we build around him.  Douglas is gonna rebuild the oline and hopefully grab more weapons

• Upvote 3