If only Goodell had balls like this....

18 hours ago, TNJet said:

Did the Pats receive their penalty yet??

Not yet.  Really no reason to announce it until well after the Super Bowl, even if they already know what they're going to do.  Although releasing it on, say, Friday afternoon 2 days before the Super Bowl would be a nice way for the lead to be buried.  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not yet.  Really no reason to announce it until well after the Super Bowl, even if they already know what they're going to do.  Although releasing it on, say, Friday afternoon 2 days before the Super Bowl would be a nice way for the lead to be buried.  

2nd round pick

On 1/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, IndianaJet said:

Astros cheating scandle:

Manger Hinch suspended 1 yr

GM suspended 1 yr

Loss of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2020 and 2021

$5 million fine

And apparently - the RedSox are up next...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28476780/houston-astros-jeff-luhnow-aj-hinch-suspended-1-season-sign-stealing

You think thats harsh?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You think thats harsh?

Harsher then anything Goodell ever did to the Pats for cheating.

But yeah...I know...48 hrs later the trendy thing to do is argue that it's not harsh enough.

You're on the cutting edge bro.

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Stupid move for the Mets... Whatever... they are doomed to fail anyway... 

I don’t think they are doomed to fail.  They have a good team and Steve Cohen is coming soon.  I admit I hated the Beltran hire I wanted girardi  but Brodie is a moron 

19 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Harsher then anything Goodell ever did to the Pats for cheating.

But yeah...I know...48 hrs later the trendy thing to do is argue that it's not harsh enough.

You're on the cutting edge bro.

WTF are you talking about...  What is with your attitude. Jackass

taking away 4 draft picks that saves the team 7 Mil... fining them 5 Mill leaves them 2 Mill in the black and without 4 prospects... big deal.  They lose a GM and manager that weren't well liked. 

Why do you think this is harsh?

Pete Rose got a permanent ban for less.

Syracuse was vacated 101 wins and a national title.

Yet a slap on the wrist and firing of a GM and Manager is harsh... Give me a break... and grow up... learn how to have a conversation.

And no... The Pats got even less then a slap on the wrist... so no that wasn't harsh either. 

I can (and do) think that they are both weak it terms actual punishment, and also acknowledge that this was slightly harsher then what Goodell gives out. Both can be true.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t think they are doomed to fail.  They have a good team and Steve Cohen is coming soon.  I admit I hated the Beltran hire I wanted girardi  but Brodie is a moron 

Cohen's money is one thing... They needed a manager to connect with the players... not love them to death and allow them to run the clubhouse. They needed a culture changing coach and Beltran would have been it. I like Perez but I am not sure he doesn't get hired by the Red Sox before the Mets make a decision.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Cohen's money is one thing... They needed a manager to connect with the players... not love them to death and allow them to run the clubhouse. They needed a culture changing coach and Beltran would have been it. I like Perez but I am not sure he doesn't get hired by the Red Sox before the Mets make a decision.

I don’t disagree with you.  Like I mentioned I didn’t like the hiring.  The good news is that Cohen wants to win from what I have read..longtime Met fan.  He will not Brodie’s and Beltran’s ass out if they miss the playoffs again 

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t disagree with you.  Like I mentioned I didn’t like the hiring.  The good news is that Cohen wants to win from what I have read..longtime Met fan.  He will not Brodie’s and Beltran’s ass out if they miss the playoffs again 

Maybe... if the sale goes through like we all hope... the Mets can hire whoever they want... I was excited to see the results.

25 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

WTF are you talking about...  What is with your attitude. Jackass

taking away 4 draft picks that saves the team 7 Mil... fining them 5 Mill leaves them 2 Mill in the black and without 4 prospects... big deal.  They lose a GM and manager that weren't well liked. 

Why do you think this is harsh?

Pete Rose got a permanent ban for less.

Syracuse was vacated 101 wins and a national title.

Yet a slap on the wrist and firing of a GM and Manager is harsh... Give me a break... and grow up... learn how to have a conversation.

And no... The Pats got even less then a slap on the wrist... so no that wasn't harsh either. 

I can (and do) think that they are both weak it terms actual punishment, and also acknowledge that this was slightly harsher then what Goodell gives out. Both can be true.

Hahaha....You buttfumble the post and immediately respond to me by name calling and telling me to "grow up"....and it's me that doesn't know how to have a conversation?

lol  I have more important things to do....

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Is sign stealing a common thing in baseball? I don't follow baseball, can't stand it really. But I have heard of this before years ago. 
Just wondering if it's some rampant thing in the sport, or just a few outliers.
It's rampant, but it is allowed as long as you're not using electronics etc. A runner on 2B can try to steal signals, and signal back to the batter. What you can't do is set up a camera in CF zoomee on the catcher, set up a monitor adjacent to the dugout to view what the camera is seeing,band sit a group of players there to interpret the signals and relay to the batter as he's hitting.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, isired said:
20 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:
Is sign stealing a common thing in baseball? I don't follow baseball, can't stand it really. But I have heard of this before years ago. 
Just wondering if it's some rampant thing in the sport, or just a few outliers.

It's rampant, but it is allowed as long as you're not using electronics etc. A runner on 2B can try to steal signals, and signal back to the batter. What you can't do is set up a camera in CF zoomee on the catcher, set up a monitor adjacent to the dugout to view what the camera is seeing,band sit a group of players there to interpret the signals and relay to the batter as he's hitting.

Ahhh I see. Thanks

So how do they tell the batter what's coming for a pitch?

19 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Hahaha....You buttfumble the post and immediately respond to me by name calling and telling me to "grow up"....and it's me that doesn't know how to have a conversation?

lol  I have more important things to do....

giphy.gif

You are lazy and call it taking a high road... Got it... 

Ahhh I see. Thanks
So how do they tell the batter what's coming for a pitch?
The Astros were banging a garbage can loud enough to be heard on the TV broadcast for off speed pitches.

For standard sign stealing, the runner on second uses a simple sign, they change it but sometimes a clap, open hand to the batter, anything visible to the batter but not obvious.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, isired said:

The Astros were banging a garbage can loud enough to be heard on the TV broadcast for off speed pitches.

For standard sign stealing, the runner on second uses a simple sign, they change it but sometimes a clap, open hand to the batter, anything visible to the batter but not obvious.

Sneaky bastards! 

Thanks for the info