Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

Also, gaming mod usually not wise but this is special circumstance

LOL yeah its special alright its involving you getting your ass handed to you with your half truths and crap you claim I didn't say when I did . Keep redirecting . The Mafia Wiki and Mafia Universe both state I get the name of the role at that stage it should be very easy to see alignment.

Also you yourself said this game is vanilla so if Im only looking for a Doc and Cop in a Vanilla game whats the problem ? Can you not figure out what alignment a doc and a cop is ?

Once again go read the first sentence in the mafia wiki on the Role Cop then stop this ridiculous nonsense

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

From signup thread, linked below. Mod confirms vanilla game.. Vanilla games typically are scum, doc, cop vig..nothing else 

Role cop is a rare role 

1x role also rare

Why create a vanilla game with a rare 1x ability that would work not as intended if it allowed him to essentially confirm alignment ome of few in game power roles we've actually seen.

To answer this question I was not given full every night investigations and IMHO it would be the perfect role to sneak in , in a so called vanilla game Im guessing thats why 80 only gave me one Investigation

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If you bothered to read the game you would see Crusher was agreeing with me and I felt he was town due to that stance. he was the only one reading the posts and not asking me to say sh*t over and over as if the stuff I posted was not even read. So I had him as town would you have expected me to go after him in that scenario ? I didnt see anything Crusher posted as looking scummy . CTM has taken a different approach.

He did read the game..you thought crusher was town based on 60 pages of game play.  I am your crusher now ! 

I make 2 posts and you vote me.

2 post smash, 2 posts that you supposedly let over rule 60 pages of game play 

Now you are cratering on me .

Not town play 

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Also verbs nk choice was so inexplicable I no longer trust him at all. Dumbfounded or scummy 

WOAH >>>> Didnt you just post a wiki from the movie 100 % vetting verbal ???? How the hell do you contradict yourself at every single turn and still stay alive ? How does someone like JVOR sit back and believe this absolute bullsh*t and come after me ? maybe you guys can re-group in your scum QT and go into damage control your both terribly bad at this.

Just now, CTM said:

He did read the game..you thought crusher was town based on 60 pages of game play.  I am your crusher now ! 

I make 2 posts and you vote me.

2 post smash, 2 posts that you supposedly let over rule 60 pages of game play 

Now you are cratering on me .

Not town play 

CTM maybe Crusher was playing a better townie as scum than you are I have no other explanation .... You have holes in what you are saying about me and your are convienently leaving things out to make your case THATS SCUMMY

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

To answer this question I was not given full every night investigations and IMHO it would be the perfect role to sneak in , in a so called vanilla game Im guessing thats why 80 only gave me one Investigation

I'm guessing you are full of dung and didnt want to claim a role that would be countered, and were worried a second full time investigative role would be attacked as over powered but needed it to be powerful enough so that even would not shoot you.

It worked, at first 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

WOAH >>>> Didnt you just post a wiki from the movie 100 % vetting verbal ???? How the hell do you contradict yourself at every single turn and still stay alive ? How does someone like JVOR sit back and believe this absolute bullsh*t and come after me ? maybe you guys can re-group in your scum QT and go into damage control your both terribly bad at this.

Yes blockhead, I was clearly catching up from just before your reveal. I said so a few times.

My initial reaction was that verbs choice was suspicious 

Then on reread 80 said something about the death scene being meaningful 

So I googled ninja turtle hockey stick and found the wiki

Thus, like the townie I am, new information came in so i altered my position to account for it 

This is what townies do, why are you trying to attack me for it ?

On 2/10/2020 at 3:11 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Here's how we'll handle it. 

Everyone read the scene again carefully, as there is important info in the death scene. 

This is the  post from 80 that lead me to google "ninja turtles hockey stick" which returned the wiki and forced me to change my stance on verbal 

Try it yourself, the wiki is the first result 

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Ninja+turtles+hockey+stick+

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

CTM maybe Crusher was playing a better townie as scum than you are I have no other explanation .... You have holes in what you are saying about me and your are convienently leaving things out to make your case THATS SCUMMY

You voted me before I cased you sunshine 

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yes blockhead, I was clearly catching up from just before your reveal. I said so a few times.

My initial reaction was that verbs choice was suspicious 

Then on reread 80 said something about the death scene being meaningful 

So I googled ninja turtle hockey stick and found the wiki

Thus, like the townie I am, new information came in so i altered my position to account for it 

This is what townies do, why are you trying to attack me for it ?

I went back to re read and you did post the Ninja Turtles WIKI after  you said you didn't trust verbal. 

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong but you my friend ...do 

So no Im not attacking you

17 hours ago, CTM said:

Still smash for me, turns out crusher was town, cant win them all. Gata being pro vig shot at night is good enough for me to put her neutral for now.

Agree with others on spoot too

Vote smash

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 2 Vote Count

• Smash (3)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering, CTM
  • JC (3) - Stark, Spoot, Beaver
  • Spoot (2) - Verbal, GATA

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

DAY 2 DEADLINE: THURSDAY, 10 AM EST

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

this comes as a complete shock to me

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Nailed 

Really was no reason for you to say that . Nice Job Drums :)

Vote CTM

Seems like you voted me first and gave a half assed reason why So I then voted you sweetheart

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Also you yourself said this game is vanilla so if Im only looking for a Doc and Cop in a Vanilla game whats the problem ? Can you not figure out what alignment a doc and a cop is ?

Considering your supposed role is usually a mafia cop, as a mod I'd structure the role and thus the result to be non alignment indicative.. which again is what the wilki says to do

This is done by removing any faction-related and win-condition-related information from the role name (and role PM, if necessary) before posting it; "TownRoleblocker" and "Mafia Roleblocker" would justbecome "Roleblocker", and in a full role PM, the win condition, factional abilities, information about teammates, etc. would all be removed.

Posting this again so you guys can read it. CTM still claiming I can't do anything with my role . I have stated 100 times Im using it to vett power roles like Doc or Cop Im not hunting scum with it. I'm not taking a potshot with it. 

So once again if someone claims a power role due to getting run up in a lynch vote I can Vet them that night. Hope this spoon feeds JVOR the Mathematician and CTM the Buffoon if not there's nothing else I can say and I'll let the players in the game make the choice.

CTM is a liar and a deceiver just go back and read its really easy to do.

Role Cop

Role Cop
M-rolecop.png
Alias:
  • Stalker
Alignment:
Role type:
  • Investigative
Choice:
  • Night
Role Cop
T-rolecop.png
Alias:
  • Scout
Alignment:
Role type:
  • Investigative
Choice:
  • Night
A Role Cop is an investigative role that learns the role of its target, e.g. "Cop", "Doctor", "Roleblocker", etc.. There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon or Vanilla Townie is investigated, they return "Vanilla". Role Cops are actually a somewhat popular Mafia role, but have also been seen aligned with the Town.

The very fact that we are having this debate in thread proves the existence of your role makes the game not vanilla. Vanilla games do not devolve into game mechanic debates unless scum force them too by making sh*t up 

So, if you arent lying the mod was or the mod is an idiot. One of these 3 things has to be true. 

You are lying

Mod was lying

Mod is an idiot 

Unfortunately our mod is 80 so I concede there is a chance he derped his own game. 

I still think you are lying though.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Considering your supposed role is usually a mafia cop, as a mod I'd structure the role and thus the result to be non alignment indicative.. which again is what the wilki says to do

No its not "usually" stop adding nonsense, nothing says "usually" if you think Im scum and have the role cop power why would I tell you that IF i was in fact scum ? If I was scum and in trouble I would have done exactly Like I said and claimed either Doc or Cop to try and out those roles .

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

The very fact that we are having this debate in thread proves the existence of your role makes the game not vanilla. Vanilla games do not devolve into game mechanic debates unless scum force them too by making sh*t up 

So, if you arent lying the mod was or the mod is an idiot. One of these 3 things has to be true. 

You are lying

Mod was lying

Mod is an idiot 

Unfortunately our mod is 80 so I concede there is a chance he derped his own game. 

I still think you are lying though.

Why is the mod an Idiot for including a 1x role in a 20 player game ? its his game would you rather he spell out the entire game for you before we play ? That would be an Idiot

Smash, mafia can have cops and doctors and town can have roleblockers.

The spirit of the role is to not give away alignment, so the mod would be in serious error to create a role cop in a game with a serial killer or vig, unless they removed alignment indicators from the role name. It's the same reason a mafia goon would be called vanilla mafia in a game with a role cop, not a goon

Chan based on past instances we always see each other as scum. maybe the Great bus we played on PAC has done some severe mental mafia damage since we both know what the other is capable of but at some point this needs to be put to rest and that goes for a lot of the Meta we see. I have pushed for ALT games in the past and it makes sense to refresh what has become stale and old the last few years with the same people going after one another over and over

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No its not "usually" stop adding nonsense, nothing says "usually" if you think Im scum and have the role cop power why would I tell you that IF i was in fact scum ? If I was scum and in trouble I would have done exactly Like I said and claimed either Doc or Cop to try and out those roles .

I think you are scum and have either no special power or are god father and hoping to draw an investigation.

And role cops are usually scum roles as it resolves the whole alignment issue very nicely 

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Chan based on past instances we always see each other as scum. maybe the Great bus we played on PAC has done some severe mental mafia damage since we both know what the other is capable of but at some point this needs to be put to rest and that goes for a lot of the Meta we see. I have pushed for ALT games in the past and it makes sense to refresh what has become stale and old the last few years with the same people going after one another over and over

Sorry bro, this isnt meta. I'm reacting to this specific situation and your play in and around it. I'd be voting you as an alt as much as I am now. 

I dont like anything about your claim, I found your play before that shady and I dont believe your role would even be in a vanilla game .

If I'm wrong I'm wrong. But I dont think I am.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Smash, mafia can have cops and doctors and town can have roleblockers.

The spirit of the role is to not give away alignment, so the mod would be in serious error to create a role cop in a game with a serial killer or vig, unless they removed alignment indicators from the role name. It's the same reason a mafia goon would be called vanilla mafia in a game with a role cop, not a goon

I actually agreed with you and as I stated thats why Im not fishing for scum I'm only going to use my role mid to end game . Keeping in mind have you in the 12 years you have played here have you ever seen a Doc or Cop as scum ? I have not and I do not recall ever seeing that . With that being said I have never seen a role cop either . JF80 told me I would get the Role of the player I investigated and that's it. If hes up to something bastardish (new word whooo hoo) Well then it is what it is but Im not seeing that

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think you are scum and have either no special power or are god father and hoping to draw an investigation.

And role cops are usually scum roles as it resolves the whole alignment issue very nicely 

A Role Cop is an investigative role that learns the role of its target, e.g. "Cop", "Doctor", "Roleblocker", etc.. There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon or Vanilla Townie is investigated, they return "Vanilla". Role Cops are actually a somewhat popular Mafia role, but have also been seen aligned with the Town.

44 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Why is the mod an Idiot for including a 1x role in a 20 player game ? its his game would you rather he spell out the entire game for you before we play ? That would be an Idiot

Because read the thread. This supposedly vanilla game has now devolved into a page of 2 veteran players arguing role mechanics.

This isn't what you want in a vanilla game and becomes far more likely if you put in rare roles, with rarer alignments on a rare 1x use. Nothing about "town role cop 1x use" suggests vanilla game or results in vanilla game play 

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No its not "usually" stop adding nonsense, nothing says "usually"

From the role.description, a somewhat popular mafia role, but has also been seen aligned with town = usually a scum role

Role Cops are actually a somewhat popular Mafia role, but have also been seen aligned with the Town.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Smash is on tilt. 

I sense a rage quit incoming

Now wer'e mafiaing

Chan when we talk this crap out like we currently are it does not make me mad at all. What really pisses me off is when people argue with me and don't read the thread and basically get away with it. I have seen this happen numerous times and it infuriates me because of people not paying attention. Like Nolder coming into the game and basically not wanting to go read the game WTF if that's the case stay the **** out of the game since its detrimental to town in every way. I can debate all day long and be just fine 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

How about this, @Verbal

I'll self vote right now if you promise to shoot smash tonight 

Sound good?

thats a good trade for scum. It basically gives them the ability to claim what they want and I can't go after them . It also gives them the chance of easily outing a power role like Doc or Cop/ 

Keep in mind if someone Claims a role with me in the game the real doc or cop do not have to counter claim because they know I will investigate and either vet or call out the scum. Wonder if the Mathematician thought of that scenario.

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Chan when we talk this crap out like we currently are it does not make me mad at all. What really pisses me off is when people argue with me and don't read the thread and basically get away with it. I have seen this happen numerous times and it infuriates me because of people not paying attention. Like Nolder coming into the game and basically not wanting to go read the game WTF if that's the case stay the **** out of the game since its detrimental to town in every way. I can debate all day long and be just fine 

You do seem calmer this am

Dang ;)

You've gotten through the denial and anger phase of your lynch diagnosis and reached acceptance. Good night, sweet prince 

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

From the role.description, a somewhat popular mafia role, but has also been seen aligned with town = usually a scum role

Role Cops are actually a somewhat popular Mafia role, but have also been seen aligned with the Town.

Chan this is really a poor argument you can't read the Moderators mind and he can choose to run the role any way he seems fit. Adding a Role Cop 1x to the game hardly makes it non vanilla now if you are saying Cops and Doc's can be scum lol well then that's going a little over the top advanced dont you think ? You are implying I can get a Doc or Cop investigation and not know the alignment so are you assuming maybe in this so called vanilla game a scum doc or cop exist ? of course not so why use that in your argument ?

I'm pretty much 100 % sure if I investigate a Claimed Doc or Cop Im either going to get Doc/Cop or something else and Something else is the guy who claimed = scum right ?

25 minutes ago, CTM said:

Because read the thread. This supposedly vanilla game has now devolved into a page of 2 veteran players arguing role mechanics.

This isn't what you want in a vanilla game and becomes far more likely if you out in rare roles, with rarer alignments on a rare 1x use. Nothing about town role cop 1x use suggests vanilla or results in vanilla vame play 

Chan these are all very hard things to prove. If I don't have to claim my role because I'm about to get shot in the face we never even have this conversation. Your assuming with hindsight.... the Mod has 20 players and numerous roles to figure out if its going to work . Either way with you Ape and myself in the game he had to know it was going to be exactly this in some way shape or form. 

19 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Chan these are all very hard things to prove. If I don't have to claim my role because I'm about to get shot in the face we never even have this conversation. Your assuming with hindsight.... the Mod has 20 players and numerous roles to figure out if its going to work . Either way with you Ape and myself in the game he had to know it was going to be exactly this in some way shape or form. 

I have now seen 2x roles. Both were vanilla

2 other dead townies = vanilla

Gatabot claimed vanilla and offered to get dead.  Shes likely vanilla or scum, as a town pr would be stupid to gambit a self sacrifice,.both are standard roles found in vanilla games

Verbal is a vig standard role in a standard game 

From where I stand I have a mod who said vanilla game. 

I have 3 dead vanilla townies + my role is vanilla (20% of game) 

I have 1 person who logic dictates is scum or vanilla townie. both standard roles which makes 5 (25% of game) 

I have 1 standard town pr vig that is now vetted making in my mind 30% of the game standard roles and 100% of the known roles standard mafia roles

Then we have your Frankenstein role which would be an unusual role to begin with, with an unusual alignment, with an unusual frquency..

Well...