Robby Anderson will get no more than 9M per year

Alka

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Robby is not only getting less than most expected, he's essentially on a 1-year prove it deal again and likely easily cuttable if the Panthers grab a WR or two in the Draft.  They also have DJ Moore and will be coming up on an extension for Christian McCaffrey soon.

Robby got "paid" for one upcoming season at a lower number than he wanted and with no future security.  The Panthers also overpaid a bit because Matt Rhule has a connection to him and so does Teddy Bridgewater.

And it seems they were the only team earnestly competing for his services.  

Poor Robby.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Geez...I hope not.  Sign Breshad Perriman, bring back Demaryius Thomas on a one-year deal to "pencil in" to the lineup with Jamsion Crowder and then Draft two WRs in the first 3 rounds of the 2020 Draft.  They call get thrown into the hopper for training camp with Josh Doctson, Vyncint Smith and Braxton Berrios....and we see who the Top 5-6 emerge as!

I can live with Jerry Jeudy, Jamison Crowder, Michael Pittman, Breshad Perriman, Josh Doctson, and Demaryius Thomas for 2020.

I just can’t see that happening.

I wouldn’t mind it though. Actually an interesting question. Solve the WR problem like that, while keeping a questionable OL that was put together in FA. Or do you add an OL at 11 and make it a little more reliable while ignoring weapons for Sam. 

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

I just can’t see that happening.

I wouldn’t mind it though. Actually an interesting question. Solve the WR problem like that, while keeping a questionable OL that was put together in FA. Or do you add an OL at 11 and make it a little more reliable while ignoring weapons for Sam. 

I think Joe D has 2 or 3 OTs he'd like at #11.  I don't think that, similar to most of us armchair QBs, he simply ranks the Top 4 and would take whoever the best one available is at #11.  As an example....Jeddrick Wills could the be kind of nimble, athletic OT he wants.....but he might not even Becton rated in his Top 20.  My guess is that Douglas has targets outlined by round and he might see a better value pick in Round 2 with guys like Matthew Peart, Lucas Niang, Prince Wanogho, etc.  He might even prefer to trade back from #11 to someplace in the teens and take Josh Jones.

If anything, I trust Douglas' acumen around OLine evaluation.  He likely sees several Round 2 and 3 prospects that he believes can become very good full-time starters.  Perhaps not immediately, but that could be why he has Fant as a temporary upgrade over Beachum for just a year or two.  Remember, Fant got a 3 yr/ $30M deal....but in actuality he's easily cuttable after just one season if the Jets have someone ready to step in quickly.

In terms of WRs.....there are going to be good ones early and often.  I'd take a pair of them in combination of something like 1st and 4th even 2nd and 5th rounds.  We can absolutely get a WR1 caliber prospect in Round 2 this year, an all-around WR with good speed, hands, route-running....and then we come back in the 5th for size/hands/catch radius type possession receiver that maybe only runs a 4.6 or 4.7 40-yard dash and isn't the perfect route-runner yet.  That's the kind of approach I'd like to see towards WR in this Draft.

Just what i said would happen. Happened. And this is a good thing. The needle moved slightly foward with the o-line signings. The needle has moved substantially back from where it was before FA. It is disgusting. Im so glad Robby told Douglas to f... off. Let's get weapons for Sam. Lets get weapons for Sam. We just lost a good one, because Douglas likes to shop at Walmart.

Just now, genot said:

Just what i said would happen. Happened. And this is a good thing. The needle moved slightly foward with the o-line signings. The needle has moved substantially back from where it was before FA. It is disgusting. Im so glad Robby told Douglas to f... off. Let's get weapons for Sam. Lets get weapons for Sam. We just lost a good one, because Douglas likes to shop at Walmart.

Unlike Macc who also shopped at Wal-Mart but still spent like he had a swiss bank account.  

Pathetic viewpoint right there.  

22 hours ago, Alka said:

At the most, it seems that Robby will get 9M per year for no more than 2 or 3 years.  He might even only get 8 Mill per year.  The reason for Robby not to go more than 2 years, is that he can re-enter free agency after 2 years at 28 years of age, and hope to get his big contract at that time when teams will have more money to spend, and if Robby plays up to his potential.

After the big signing of the star wide receiver in Dallas, no other wide receiver has gotten more than 9M per year so far in free agency this year.

Robby wanted 13M per year, and he won't get 10M.

Plus, the draft experts say that there will be around 25 wide receivers in the draft that are good enough to be taken in the first 3 rounds.  If that's true, we could easily take one in the second round or one in the 3rd round with one of our 2 picks, even if we sign Robby.

The bottom line is that after 1 week of free agency, no team seems to be knocking down the door to sign this guy.

?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, its good for the Jets and Sam Darnold.  We get a comp pick and now get to replace Mr 47 % catch rate with some guys who can get first downs.  

Your a quack........You know how you can tell this is a bad move, when people like you post, to justify it. You bring up Mac.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Dude stop 

No. This is bad for this team. it's a bad message to everybody who plays for this team who eventually will be set to become a free agent. A winning team, keeps it's core around, if the money is within reason. A GM, who's willing to let a good player go, because he didn't want to bend even slightly on the arbitrary value he placed on him, is doomed to failurehttps://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-jets-duo-of-sam-darnold-and-robby-anderson-was-one-of-the-best-down-the-stretch-of-the-2018-season

3 minutes ago, genot said:

No. This is bad for this team. it's a bad message to everybody who plays for this team who eventually will be set to become a free agent. A winning team, keeps it's core around, if the money is within reason. A GM, who's willing to let a good player go, because he didn't want to bend even slightly on the arbitrary value he placed on him, is doomed to failurehttps://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-jets-duo-of-sam-darnold-and-robby-anderson-was-one-of-the-best-down-the-stretch-of-the-2018-season

Of course you source PFF yeah because they are so objective ? 

23 hours ago, Alka said:

At the most, it seems that Robby will get 9M per year for no more than 2 or 3 years.  He might even only get 8 Mill per year.  The reason for Robby not to go more than 2 years, is that he can re-enter free agency after 2 years at 28 years of age, and hope to get his big contract at that time when teams will have more money to spend, and if Robby plays up to his potential.

After the big signing of the star wide receiver in Dallas, no other wide receiver has gotten more than 9M per year so far in free agency this year.

Robby wanted 13M per year, and he won't get 10M.

Plus, the draft experts say that there will be around 25 wide receivers in the draft that are good enough to be taken in the first 3 rounds.  If that's true, we could easily take one in the second round or one in the 3rd round with one of our 2 picks, even if we sign Robby.

The bottom line is that after 1 week of free agency, no team seems to be knocking down the door to sign this guy.

you were close

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Of course you source PFF yeah because they are so objective ? 

Robby isn't Larry fitzgerald. never will be. If he was, he would have signed a contract larger than the one cooper signed. Over 20 mill a year. Robby signed a fair deal with the Panthers. He's a good player, and his loss is going to hurt the development of Sam Darnold. You think he's happy now. Doubt it.

1 minute ago, genot said:

Robby isn't Larry fitzgerald. never will be. If he was, he would have signed a contract larger than the one cooper signed. Over 20 mill a year. Robby signed a fair deal with the Panthers. He's a good player, and his loss is going to hurt the development of Sam Darnold. You think he's happy now. Doubt it.

You know what makes Sam Happy?  This deep draft class.  I liked Robby too but like me Sam will get over it 

Ok  no surprise here Robbie was good to a point and we need a #1 receiver!   JD is going to get a physical guy who can battle for the ball.   Add the fact that this draft class is very deep with talent.   With VincyntDog Chilling GIF  Smith coming on late last year and being special team guy this made Robbie expendable.   So its time to chill until the draft.

37 minutes ago, genot said:

Lol...Robby Anderson has you feeling like this?   Cheer up Geno, you’ll forget all about him come September.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Lol...Robby Anderson has you feeling like this?   Cheer up Geno, you’ll forget all about him come September.  

I think Robby is a game breaking WR. There are things he can't do that others can. there are things he can do that others can't. He continuously finds a way to get behind a defense, even when teams are playing their safeties deep. That's a rare commodity. He's someone we should have retained. Not at any cost. At what Carolina paid. hell yes. He's gonna kill it in Carolina. Might not have alott of receptions, but he'll be an exiting player for them

2 minutes ago, genot said:

I think Robby is a game breaking WR. There are things he can't do that others can. there are things he can do that others can't. He continuously finds a way to get behind a defense, even when teams are playing their safeties deep. That's a rare commodity. He's someone we should have retained. Not at any cost. At what Carolina paid. hell yes. He's gonna kill it in Carolina. Might not have alott of receptions, but he'll be an exiting player for them

He's one of the best in the game at it. 

Your a quack........You know how you can tell this is a bad move, when people like you post, to justify it. You bring up Mac.

I didn’t bring him up in the post you quoted. What gives with that?

Yes, I’m the quack for understanding JD has to clean up Macc’s mess here and it’s going to take a bit. You defended Macc for years and are totally correct on everything. Makes sense.

Yes I’m the quack.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes I’m the quack.

We've talked before. i didn't mean that literally. I don't like the loss. i think it hurts the team. I think it sends a bad message out to the league, that if you come to the Jet's, or want to resign here, prepare to play here on the cheap. I don't like the approach, and unless douglas is a genius at talent evaluation, we should be prepared for a lot more heartache.

We've talked before. i didn't mean that literally. I don't like the loss. i think it hurts the team. I think it sends a bad message out to the league, that if you come to the Jet's, or want to resign here, prepare to play here on the cheap. I don't like the approach, and unless douglas is a genius at talent evaluation, we should be prepared for a lot more heartache.

I think he understands value just fine. Which is why he didn’t cave and give a low end WR2 $12M.

It sets the tone, like everything else he’s done so far, that this is a business and we’re trying to win, not be sentimental.

When we have players worth getting paid, they’ll get paid.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think he understands value just fine. Which is why he didn’t cave and give a low end WR2 $12M.

It sets the tone, like everything else he’s done so far, that this is a business and we’re trying to win, not be sentimental.

When we have players worth getting paid, they’ll get paid.

You sound so sure of that. Why, i have no idea. this is the jet's we're talking about. right.

19 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

My goodness, stop with the emotional defense. 

This has nothing to do with the GM. The point was that those were all bad contracts and yet the jets arent in a disaster financially. Folks are so quick to jump to the defense of this dude and it's not even about JD. It was about the comment that flgreen made that was wrong. 

its fact my friend. Douglas was not here through the past dysfunction