HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

9 minutes ago, Arsis said:

You're 100% right. I understand what you're saying.

I was trying to see what would happen  with opportunistic low effort players if I voted you. The only thing I accomplished was to piss you off. Sorry, lol.

Hey if you had a plan I'm fine with that 

Just to keep things productive and to not waste time like we did just now, I’ll reveal the rest of the results.

N1 Dice: Not Kalvary

N2 Hess: Not Kalvary

N3 Smash: Not Kalvary

Gotta tip my hat to AVM. These are smart peeks and saves us from some possible mislynches today and down the road. I am happy I can write off Hess.

I am leaning towards CTM for today. He’s the last guy in my Tier 1 that isn’t dead or peeked. Until we get a different faction scum flip I will treat “Not Kalvary” as Town. If I was 0/3 with my main suspects then I am sucking this game, which isn’t impossible, but I trust in myself more than that

Tier 2 is an option as well. Barry / Drums I wouldn’t mind clearing up. Nyn is questionable to me. Jvill / Arsis are also on my radar for various reasons. 4 of them were obviously leaning towards Smash today which is muddied cause Smash was baiting votes, but notable. Nyn despite me asking not to try guessing peeks, voted JiF based on AVM’s D2. She’s smart enough as scum to know this is a ~safe angle to play since it also makes sense for a Townie do too.

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, A.J. said:

Tier 1: CTM, Hess, AVM

Tier 2: Barry, Nyn, Arsis, Jvill, Drums

Tier 3: Smash, Dandie, DPR, 80

I am adding Drums back onto my list simply because, once again, it seems he was working up to case / vote the flavor of the Day. Thus far it seems he has only resolved on Townies. Questionable for sure.

80 can go back up onto Tier 3 because despite his interactions with Stark, he has disappeared lately and has a bus heavy meta from my understanding.

22 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Just to keep things productive and to not waste time like we did just now, I’ll reveal the rest of the results.

Gotta tip my hat to AVM. These are smart peeks and saves us from some possible mislynches today and down the road. I am happy I can write off Hess.

I am leaning towards CTM for today. He’s the last guy in my Tier 1 that isn’t dead or peeked. Until we get a different faction scum flip I will treat “Not Kalvary” as Town. If I was 0/3 with my main suspects then I am sucking this game, which isn’t impossible, but I trust in myself more than that

Tier 2 is an option as well. Barry / Drums I wouldn’t mind clearing up. Nyn is questionable to me. Jvill / Arsis are also on my radar for various reasons. 4 of them were obviously leaning towards Smash today which is muddied cause Smash was baiting votes, but notable. Nyn despite me asking not to try guessing peeks, voted JiF based on AVM’s D2. She’s smart enough as scum to know this is a ~safe angle to play since it also makes sense for a Townie do too.

Lol

At least this clears Dice

Vote AJ

Good. My top 3 remains similar to what I had previously. CTM, Barry, and I’ll add Nyn into that group now that I feel a bit better about Drums of late.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

Lol

At least this clears Dice

Vote AJ

Bruh, don’t try doing some dumb drunken gambit sh*t with me. Someone has saved the last two Nights. There’s no need for you to pretend case me.

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Bruh, don’t try doing some dumb drunken gambit sh*t with me. Someone has saved the last two Nights. There’s no need for you to pretend case me.

There is no world in which AVM chose Dice to investigate over 2 claims on D1...

You painted yourself into a corner ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

There is no world in which AVM chose Dice to investigate over 2 claims on D1...

You painted yourself into a corner ?‍♂️

1) he knew mine was true 

2) it’s apparent he believed Stark based on his D2 play

You’re going to embarrass yourself, Pirate. These are the results I was given. Please sit down. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good. My top 3 remains similar to what I had previously. CTM, Barry, and I’ll add Nyn into that group now that I feel a bit better about Drums of late.

How are you feeling about Jif?

Just now, A.J. said:

1) he knew mine was true 

2) it’s apparent he believed Stark based on his D2 play

You’re going to embarrass yourself, Pirate. These are the results I was given. Please sit down. 

Lol, I embarrass myself all the time, so that’s no deterrent ?

The LAST thing I wanted to do was question you - even as you’ve picked at Nyn and light-stepped things here and there. But the “Deputy” bit was always too convenient and AVM would have absolutely breadcrumbed his total support of your claim. 

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sorry I haven’t been around guys.

Still waiting on that brilliant case by CTM on me.

vote CTM

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The fact that he's been gone so long is not a good sign. I've felt pretty good about CTM for most of this game but it's not a clean game and it comes across as hiding at this point. I'll let you guys work on him. 

I feel I'd learn better from catching scum than I am from all the townies but it still helps, so I am working more of a process of elimination at this point but haven't found any hard evidence on anyone besides what I've posted and that hasn't caught scum. 

Most likely town (cleared or basically cleared): Hess, Smash, Dice AJ, Arsis, DPR

Have been reading townie: 80, Jvill, Pac

That leaves me with Jif, Nyn, Barry and an open mind on CTM. I'm starting to grow a little skeptical of DPR, he seems like he's coasting after the Stark catch.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Strong town read but everyone is a suspect at this point.

I was really hoping AVM investigated him. I'd like to cross him off my list either way because he is somewhat valuable when town, yet I don't want to trust him too much and have to listen to him brag if he is actually scum when this game is over.

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

Lol, I embarrass myself all the time, so that’s no deterrent ?

The LAST thing I wanted to do was question you - even as you’ve picked at Nyn and light-stepped things here and there. But the “Deputy” bit was always too convenient and AVM would have absolutely breadcrumbed his total support of your claim. 

You’re a fool. The fact AVM even unvoted me at all is evidence enough. I had provided abundant details about my role that he could’ve argued against at any time, or do you rather believe I was talking out of my ass needlessly?

Nyn is, at the very least, not playing her sharpest game. Don’t overestimate my read on her for what I say it is. Like I said, you’re going to embarrass yourself. Sit the **** down.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Strong town read but everyone is a suspect at this point.

9 minutes ago, Drums said:

I was really hoping AVM investigated him. I'd like to cross him off my list either way because he is somewhat valuable when town, yet I don't want to trust him too much and have to listen to him brag if he is actually scum when this game is over.

JiF is playing to his boisterous scum MVP meta imo.

If he were scum he’d be right about at least one read by now.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

You’re a fool. The fact AVM even unvoted me at all is evidence enough. I had provided abundant details about my role that he could’ve argued against at any time, or do you rather believe I was talking out of my ass needlessly?

Nyn is, at the very least, not playing her sharpest game. Don’t overestimate my read on her for what I say it is. Like I said, you’re going to embarrass yourself. Sit the **** down.

Nah

You ****ed your reveal and now you’re caught, which is nice because it does a lot to clear Nyn. 

Tell you what - go ahead and lay out all of your proof that AVM cleared you, and see what everybody thinks. That’s fair, yeah?

6 minutes ago, A.J. said:

JiF is playing to his boisterous scum MVP meta imo.

If he were scum he’d be right about at least one read by now.

Oh no... voting CTM, but framing JiF. 

LOL

• Upvote 1

Just now, DPR said:

Nah

You ****ed your reveal and now you’re caught, which is nice because it does a lot to clear Nyn. 

Tell you what - go ahead and lay out all of your proof that AVM cleared you, and see what everybody thinks. That’s fair, yeah?

Simple. AVM never questioned my reveal or voted me. Never mentioned me again after the fact either.

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

Nah

Not sure what you’re getting at here. You’re 100% sure that AVM would have investigated AJ or Stark N1, so AJ must be lying, but he left no breadcrumbs indicating either of them were scum. At the same time you’re asking for breadcrumbs saying AJ is cleared, implying that there are none, which means there’s no breadcrumbs of him investigating either of them, which means he must not have investigated either of them (or left NK breadcrumbs at all which I doubt), which happens to be the basis of your case.

• Haha 1

Just reviewed AJ's reveal and in my expert opinion it seems 100% authentic.  He used Pirate Jenny as the deputy when the logical fake claim would have been Agent Petey who was Agent Blakes right hand person during the show.  This was before Crusher was shown to be Petey and a Watcher.

He used the term "investigator" instead of "cop".

He correctly states that AVM didn't vote him or appear to challenge the claim.

If my instincts again netted us scum with DPR is there any doubt that I am simply incredible?

DPR, Drums, CTM.  If there's still a game left after that I will find whoever is left and lead the town to their obliteration.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just reviewed AJ's reveal and in my expert opinion it seems 100% authentic.  He used Pirate Jenny as the deputy when the logical fake claim would have been Agent Petey who was Agent Blakes right hand person during the show.  This was before Crusher was shown to be Petey and a Watcher.

He used the term "investigator" instead of "cop".

He correctly states that AVM didn't vote him or appear to challenge the claim.

If my instincts again netted us scum with DPR is there any doubt that I am simply incredible?

DPR, Drums, CTM.  If there's still a game left after that I will find whoever is left and lead the town to their obliteration.

Checks out

image.gif.53611957241d46b8c4b556354b6c12c3.gif

• Haha 2

Like I’ve said, unless DPR was doing a bad guy monologue with the “alliance forming” bit, I don’t believe he is aligned with Stark. It’s possible he is / was some 3rd party aligned with multiple powers.

Lady Trieu is my current bet. She seems to fit the bill as someone who would have powers to check whether someone is Doc M or not (hence his reveal about Stark lying) but wouldn’t be a part of the bigger faction.

Nonetheless, he is not my priority today. If I had to guess, he has been the one protected from the scum kill the last two Nights so he is at least not aligned with them. I would rather kill more of these wannabe Ku Klux Klowns

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Did this CTM swine lock himself in the ice box he purchased after spending 20 hours researching it? 

He does appear to be frozen after doubling down on his 80 / Hess scum reads.

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Arsis I think is town based on my role and actions that happened due to my role. Possible 3rd Party

JIF and 80 are my current questions along with players you laid out here . it would not be fair for me to out one of these guys on a guess without proof so I'll wait.

CTM as I have said from the start gave a very weak reason for not revealing knowing in a game this large a fake reveal would certainly not work hes a smart player and that's what I feel he was thinking at the time.

27 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Not sure what you’re getting at here. You’re 100% sure that AVM would have investigated AJ or Stark N1, so AJ must be lying, but he left no breadcrumbs indicating either of them were scum. At the same time you’re asking for breadcrumbs saying AJ is cleared, implying that there are none, which means there’s no breadcrumbs of him investigating either of them, which means he must not have investigated either of them (or left NK breadcrumbs at all which I doubt), which happens to be the basis of your case.

When you land the Cop role, it's uncommon to hit scum N1, but it is of course possible. 

Nobody knows you are the Cop. There is no reason for them to think so. So, you lay low and hold on to that peek because you have the absolute best chance of catching others that associate with them. 

AJ claimed Deputy Investigator on D1. It's a really safe claim for scum because the odds that there is another Deputy are low - it's not a common role. And, the primary is not always notified that there is a deputy. Unless they are going to be Masons, there actually is no reason to notify them that a deputy exists. It's the Mod's choice though, so...

*go back and ISO AVM - if you feel like AVM 100% cleared AJ after his claim, then your question is answered. If you don't see that, then it's fair to think that AVM wouldn't want to blow a deputy claim, but wasn't certain. And in the case, he might very well have investigated AJ. And, he might have hit scum. What was AVM's reaction to AJ on D2? Did they reach he same reads? 

We know why AVM was lying low - that is perfectly in line with his role. And we know that "sitting on results" is a thing because both myself and AJ played it that way with our claims. We know that no Cop in the history of the game wants to claim a scum peek on D2 when they know that the chances are very low that they would be a target. It's exactly the way to play that situation. 

So, I again say that there is no world where AVM investigates Dice on N1. Dice is on for a few short hours a day - he isn't goin to be leading a lynch or posing a threat against anyone. Dice is not a threat to AVM... there are a long list of players who know AVM's meta much better than Dice. And, there were absolutely better choices of players to investigate on N1. 

Imo, AJ is not a Deputy Investigator. AVM was the only Cop we got and his results died with him - and I'm betting that Aj was his N1 peek and that AVM got a scum result on him, and then wanted to trap another one before he gave up the ghost. 

But, every player should do their own ISO of AVM and see what they see.

And you’re led to believe that by AVM’s absolute no mention of me on D2 or D3 that he got a scum result on me N1?

i don’t even need to read his ISO to know you’re absolutely wrong in this regard. You understand that deputies don’t get the results of their predecessor until after the fact, right?

Even disregarding that, why would I - as scum who is faking as backup cop with results - stop what would have been a good opportunity to mislynch / force Smash to claim?