Perriman vs. Anderson, per Football Outsiders DVOA rankings

Jags don't score 75 yard td. He had a 90 yard rec last year

Here's the news robby isn't a jag he's a deep ball wr2. Perriman is a wr4.

The Jets didn't have a wr1 but robby was the closest thing to it. Robby averaged 95 targets a year last 2 years. 110 plus as a rookie

Yes ... It's called being prudent. You don't pay Jags $$$$

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Amazes me how many times these stupid stats (and stupid PFF) get proven to be so stupid and wrong and yet, we still share them like they mean something.

1 game away from Gase and Anderson goes off.  1 game with Perriman and he's exactly who he was before he had 4 decent games in an offense that throws the 60 times a game playing from behind. 

Perriman over Anderson was complete and utter stupidity. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Here's the news robby isn't a jag he's a deep ball wr2. Perriman is a wr4.

The Jets didn't have a wr1 but robby was the closest thing to it. Robby averaged 95 targets a year last 2 years. 110 plus as a rookie

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Perriman was 1 of many "wait and see's" this season.

hopefully just due to Darnold's ineptitude yesterday ... but barely knew Perriman was playing

Perriman week 1 - fail 

---

I was against overpaying Robbie as a borderline 1/2 WR ... he is a borderline 2/3 WR

Week 1 we sure could have used him.  Sam most likely would not have found him yesterday either though.

it's hard to look at this roster, and this draft, and the adams trade, and not conclude that douglas knows there's at least a decent chance he's drafting a qb in round 1 next year and wanted as little financial commitments beyond this season.  yet the OL now has a LT, and if perine and mims play well the 2nd half of this year, the new qb already would have decent pieces and that's before FA and the rest of the draft.  now that actually sounds like a plan.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's hard to look at this roster, and this draft, and the adams trade, and not conclude that douglas knows there's at least a decent chance he's drafting a qb in round 1 next year and wanted as little financial commitments beyond this season.  yet the OL now has a LT, and if perine and mims play well the 2nd half of this year, the new qb already would have decent pieces and that's before FA and the rest of the draft.  now that actually sounds like a plan.

Assuming Douglas, or anyone the Jets hire, have a plan is assuming a lot.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Assuming Douglas, or anyone the Jets hire, have a plan is assuming a lot.

true, but if you're a douglas believer and you're delving into his mindset, this is what i see.  a hedge.  if darnold pans out in year 3, great.  if not, the jets will suck and have the draft capital to go get a qb if they even need to move up.  in the meantine he's focused on the OL, and he can take his time with mims and perine this year.  i can see herndon and perriman gone next year.  stick a new qb in there with more talent and a line that's had a year together and then he's ready to invest. 

the way i see it, gms get fired b/c they can't find qbs.  and every new gm gets to draft at least 1 high pick qb.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

true, but if you're a douglas believer and you're delving into his mindset, this is what i see.  a hedge.  if darnold pans out in year 3, great.  if not, the jets will suck and have the draft capital to go get a qb if they even need to move up.  in the meantine he's focused on the OL, and he can take his time with mims and perine this year.  i can see herndon and perriman gone next year.  stick a new qb in there with more talent and a line that's had a year together and then he's ready to invest. 

the way i see it, gms get fired b/c they can't find qbs.  and every new gm gets to draft at least 1 high pick qb.  

Steelers 2nd and 3rd round picks were a receiver and an EDGE (both players were on the board for the Jets). Both played significant snaps last night and both made plays. Were hoping ours get on the field at some point and that there's a plan. I think the Jets need to draft better.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Steelers 2nd and 3rd round picks were a receiver and an EDGE. Both played significant snaps last night and both made plays. Were hoping ours get on the field at some point and that there's a plan. I think the Jets need to draft better.

i'd like to think that if zuniga and mims were healthy they would have played.  this is how i sleep at night.  the main difference here is that the steelers expect to make the playoffs and have a sense of urgency whereas the jets appear to be playing for next season and very much perhaps a new qb.

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i'd like to think that if zuniga and mims were healthy they would have played.  this is how i sleep at night.  the main difference here is that the steelers expect to make the playoffs and have a sense of urgency whereas the jets appear to be playing for next season and very much perhaps a new qb.

A lot will depend on what the cost will be to draft that new QB.  If JD needs to spend all of his first round capital for the next 2 years to acquire the QB then that would be so disappointing.   Hopefully Sam can progress enough to not warrant drafting another QB, because those picks could really fill out this roster nicely.  

I think a lot of people are just expecting too much this season. The Bills have an elite D. Sam had no preseaon with these players and Sam isn't even as experienced as Allen due to Mono. This was not going to be an easy day fro him or Perriman. I don't  expect  a rebound next week either playing against a pissed off SF team. It is going to take 4 or 5 weeks to judge him this year and that goes for Perriman as well. If he is still making stupid plays like we saw Sunday, then you can worry. Personally I think Sam will be ok by then. Not sure about Perriman. The guy showed nothing.