Minesweeper Mafia Game Thread (Game Over -- Scum WIns!)

2 hours ago, GATA said:

I don't think that's what he's saying not like I don't have my suspicions on Barry

His game play was what led me to vote him

but you were also practically pushing ppl to jump on JV 

This could mean you knowingly asked or quoted ppl to jump on that mine. 

Playing devils advocate I see both your points not sure if both scum but I think one of you might be 

If you're trying to buss each other that will also come out eventually

No no gata. 

It makes more sense to go after the people who weren't joining in on the dumbness vs the ones who were egging it on. Don't you see???

(yes I am laughing right now. Pretty damn hard)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Because in the end I decided I believed him. I was right.

Well yeah, your scum, scum knows who town is. Not rocket science. You danced around hammering him and then backed off last minute, because you started to believe him? Cool story bro!! Honestly I didn’t care if he was  town or not, I used him to catch you. I’ll trade one town for one scum every time. Wouldn’t you? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well yeah, your scum, scum knows who town is. Not rocket science. You danced around hammering him and then backed off last minute, because you started to believe him? Cool story bro!! Honestly I didn’t care if he was  town or not, I used him to catch you. I’ll trade one town for one scum every time. Wouldn’t you? 

So what do you think my plan was then crusher? I am scum parading around drawing attention to myself about hammering, knowing he's a bomb, knowing I won't hammer ... for what reason? It's not like the jvill train needed assistance. 

Assuming they knew there was a bomb scum was likely already hiding on the jvill train or another train loving that I was doing what I was doing, knowing what they knew. And then there you were happy to put him at L1 then jumping all over it as soon as he flipped. 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So what do you think my plan was then crusher? I am scum parading around drawing attention to myself about hammering, knowing he's a bomb, knowing I won't hammer ... for what reason? It's not like the jvill train needed assistance. 

Assuming they knew there was a bomb scum was likely already hiding on the jvill train or another train loving that I was doing what I was doing, knowing what they knew. And then there you were happy to put him at L1 then jumping all over it as soon as he flipped. 

My guess is you was trying To get someone to hammer first! It worked, well done. He’ll yeah I was happy to put him at L1, wanted to call your bluff. Dude my instincts had you at scum the minute you asked me. I knew it. Now, I just proved it. Just take it as a learning experience. Use it to grow. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My guess is you was trying To get someone to hammer first! It worked, well done. He’ll yeah I was happy to put him at L1, wanted to call your bluff. Dude my instincts had you at scum the minute you asked me. I knew it. Now, I just proved it. Just take it as a learning experience. Use it to grow. 

Seems like a lot of effort/risk for a train that didn't need help. You claim to be very good at this game. Are you scum or not having a good game so far? 

I dont think barry is scum. I feel like scum could be setting him up as a mislynch for the next phase. Apparently by using horrible logic. And it seems to be working lol

I think the whole notion that scum knew Jvill is a bomb is absurd. 

8 hours ago, Drums said:

I was saying I see what some people have said about Dice but I don't think it's necessarily scummy (hence not a priority)

Yes, and that is fence sitting. Gives you a path to vote him if convenient, nudges his train along, but gives you the insulating comment to refer back to if he flips town.

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The crew of the Dominant were all gathered together on the deck of the ship. Everyone had questions, and someone had to answer for them. They had just cornered one of the youngest recruits in a tight circle, and subjected him to a vicious tongue-lashing, as is custom in the Navy.

"Get him! He's one of the ones who put us in this mess!"

"Yeah, make him pay!"

"I've wanted to do this for so long!"

"Oh God, it's finally happening!"

After a four minute stand-off that felt more like four days, one seaman pushed his way through the tight rim of men. "I'll take him."

It was the ship's eldest crewmen -- 60 years old, yet never attaining rank higher than Seaman Apprentice. How a man that old is allowed to serve on an active Navy ship is any one's guess. Some would assume he has friends in high places, but if you ask the man himself, he'll just wink and says he owes his position to his round, magic friend.

"C'mere, you!" he barks at the young-ling, grasping him by the shoulders. "I'm taking you to the brig where you'll answer some more questions. But I've gotta pat you down first."

"Eh, what's this?" the old man quips, taking a small, flat, cylindrical object out of the man's trousers.

"I don't know," the young-ling says, just as puzzled as the old man, "I've never seen that befo--"

Boom Png (Isolated-Objects) | Textures for Photoshop

At that moment an explosion erupts across the deck between them, and the small shockwave knocks the bystanders to the floor. After a moment, the crew begins to stir, waving the smoke from their faces and noticing a layer of liquid-y goo that's covering them.

"Dear God..." someone mutters.

That goo is all that remains of their compatriots.

Jvill -- Vanilla Town [Secret Bomb Victim] has been killed

JC -- Vanilla Town has been killed

lol ffs

I'm not reading any of the above but does someone have a better idea that in a game themed on a game designed on the concept of avoiding bombs that several VT's would be bombs and maybe just maybe scum knows about it?

My main impetus for this is that it was strangely difficult getting the jvill hammer, now, I know he's a likeable fella and all but that was a bit ridiculous.

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Well, kinda interesting Barry wouldn't hammer. He pretty much knew that would happen. 

Eew.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Spoot admits it with the flip:

[Secret Bomb Victim]

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I imagine this could be a game with quite a few secret bombs, too.  This is Minesweeper Mafia after all.

Ape will be jumping in here to criticize my setup speculation in 3.....2.....1.....

I think you’re inferring too much too quick, and as usual it’s a distraction. I don’t have the bandwidth to scold you for it... we’ll just wait and see if you’re using it to misguide town or not, and go from there.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I don’t think the newbs understand this take one for the team logic as town yet. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, and that is fence sitting. Gives you a path to vote him if convenient, nudges his train along, but gives you the insulating comment to refer back to if he flips town.

I see what you mean. Well, it is D1 and I haven't seen enough to call Dice scum. His movement might be nothing but other things might happen in the future that make it look worse. 

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm not reading any of the above but does someone have a better idea that in a game themed on a game designed on the concept of avoiding bombs that several VT's would be bombs and maybe just maybe scum knows about it?

My main impetus for this is that it was strangely difficult getting the jvill hammer, now, I know he's a likeable fella and all but that was a bit ridiculous.

Sure, this could be the case. It could also be the case that scum didn’t want to hammer a joke train on a townie.

I dont think we have enough to go on to conclude anything about the setup, tbh. I think the proper course of action is to scum hunt until we learn something that says otherwise. Same as always.

33 minutes ago, CTM said:

I do think that's a real possibility and the phrase "secret bomb victim" may indicate that someone put the bomb on him. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I do think that's a real possibility and the phrase "secret bomb victim" may indicate that someone put the bomb on him. 

If that’s the case, the 80’s immediate reaction to the death scene where he says Spoot chose to make him a bomb is wicked sketchy.

7 hours ago, BallinPB said:

It's not the bomb thing per se.  It's the I'm going to hammer, I'm going to hammmer...wait I don't feel good about hammering now, then right after criticizing his "fear mongering" post.  So I don't understand why you would not hammer?

3 hours ago, Drums said:

Looking forward to this

I kind of explained it already.  It was short but it was general explanation of what I’m getting at.    

Are you scum?  Very quiet D1 for you.  

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Don’t be mad but at this point you need to die today. Plus, you know you want it! 

This is gross 

12 hours ago, Drums said:

Pretty weak case on me when I have explicitly said, multiple times before the game started, that I was not going to come out of the gates crazy like last game and you know this, but if that's your read, weak.

This is convenient. 

So honestly I’m not liking Crusher right now.  He puts Jvill at L-1 after Jvill I think lays out a very decent reads list.  This reads list is what makes Barry back off supposedly even though he did it pretty terribly.  

Crusher says he was using Jvill to bait Barry but it seems like a good scum opportunity for Crusher because Barry is due for a mislynch D2 due to his sporadic play D1.  In my opinion he is trying to seize upon that by painting Barry out to “know who scum is”.