The Wire Mafia (GAME OVER - STANFIELD WINS!)

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Just the 3rd season alone and how they mimicked comstat, orcwhatever, was amazing and I referenced it weekly to our analytics team when I first joined my company and they ultimately reformed their approach. 

What 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

What 

Drunk as ****.

If you’re familiar with the show, the season where Bunny Colvin jukes the crime numbers to look good - by setting up legal drug dealing/use. I used it as an explanation for how easy it is to get the numbers you want in a vacuum, regardless of how bad the user experience is. It led to serious changes in our testing culture.

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Drunk as ****.

If you’re familiar with the show, the season where Bunny Colvin jukes the crime numbers to look good - by setting up legal drug dealing/use. I used it as an explanation for how easy it is to get the numbers you want in a vacuum, regardless of how bad the user experience is. It led to serious changes in our testing culture.

Ahh, amazing professional decision makers didnt already know that lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ahh, amazing professional decision makers didnt already know that lol

In their defense, the ux team is new. They’re a data driven company, but they’ve needed a lot of coaching in terms of how qualitative aspects of ux marry together with all their mba quant. It’s a perfect spot for someone like me that can build that bridge.

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

VOTE COUNT:

Drums - - Barry, kdels, CTM, JC (4)

80 - - Spoot, Dice, JETS (3)

Lizzie - - Crusher, 80 (2)

Barry - - Ballin, Paradis (2)

Stark - - Drums (1)

Paradis - - Lizzie (1)

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

will you turdburglars just lych someones ass, ffs?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

Bring it chicken little.

Unvote, vote Losmeister

VOTE COUNT:

Drums - - Barry, kdels, CTM, (3)

80 - - Spoot, Dice, JETS (3)

Lizzie - - Crusher, 80 (2)

Barry - - Ballin, Paradis (2)

Stark - - Drums (1)

Paradis - - Lizzie (1)

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

It's not as painful as PLAYING and waiting for something to happen...    I've only played 2x, so I figured I'd observe a couoplke games...

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Theodore Roosevelt

quoting racists now derpina?

Disgusting

• Haha 1