Chris vouching for Woody

slats

On 8/13/2020 at 7:59 AM, nyjunc said:

Bill Parcells resigned as HC of the Jets on January 3, 2000

Bill Belichick resigned as HC of the Jets on January 4, 2000

Woody Johnson bought the Jets on January 11, 2000

Just so you know the truth - it was announced a few days earlier just as it always 

is when a purchase is agreed to in principle, why are people on this site so stupid?

Why must people make things up?

On 8/13/2020 at 7:59 AM, nyjunc said:

Bill Parcells resigned as HC of the Jets on January 3, 2000

Bill Belichick resigned as HC of the Jets on January 4, 2000

Woody Johnson bought the Jets on January 11, 2000

Why must people make things up?

The final stage of bidding was between Woody and Dolan in early December.  It was down to those two.  The Hess estate was very concerned Dolan would be rejected by the NFL because of his media ties.  The Commissioner raised the issue. Woody raised his bid on before Parcells and BB resigned.

Parcells and BB rejected the idea of Woody or Dolan.  They absolutely knew it was down to those two and the media conflict of interest with Dolan made Woody the likely winner in December.   Parcells and BB both knew Johnson was going to get the team by the time they actually resigned.

Why would you think that people at the top of the organization wouldn't know which way the wind was blowing?

12 hours ago, Biggs said:

The final stage of bidding was between Woody and Dolan in early December.  It was down to those two.  The Hess estate was very concerned Dolan would be rejected by the NFL because of his media ties.  The Commissioner raised the issue. Woody raised his bid on before Parcells and BB resigned.

Parcells and BB rejected the idea of Woody or Dolan.  They absolutely knew it was down to those two and the media conflict of interest with Dolan made Woody the likely winner in December.   Parcells and BB both knew Johnson was going to get the team by the time they actually resigned.

Why would you think that people at the top of the organization wouldn't know which way the wind was blowing?

We all know BB left because of Parcells and if Parcells didn't want to work under Woody then why did he stay on for the 2000 season?  Parcells only said good things about Woody after working for him.  Trying to make Woody the reason rise guys quit is flat out wrong.  People can hate Woody all they want but insert him the franchise had the longest stretch of success in team history.

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We all know BB left because of Parcells and if Parcells didn't want to work under Woody then why did he stay on for the 2000 season?  Parcells only said good things about Woody after working for him.  Trying to make Woody the reason rise guys quit is flat out wrong.  People can hate Woody all they want but insert him the franchise had the longest stretch of success in team history.

Full disclosure.  I'm not in any way associated with Woody Johnson or named in his will.  I don't need to pretend he is a great guy or a good owner.  

Bob Kraft stole the best coach in NFL history away while he was under contract.  Woody was like a kid on his first day at a new school who showed up at the cafeteria and had his lunch money and his pants taken off him on his first day. 

You can pretend the Jets have been a great success under Woody's ownership but you have to ignore the run that New England has had since Woody had BB stolen out from under him on his first day at work.  

"When the tide goes out everyone knows who's swimming naked"  

• Sympathy 1

On 7/29/2020 at 3:07 PM, varjet said:

I really don’t see Woody as being a malevolent racist and/or sexist person.

He is an entitled spoiled white male buffoon who has led an isolated life.   He is clueless about how the real world works. He should leave the the football team to his Chris and paid professionals.  

This is how I see it. I won't allow myself to get too far into this one, but one thing I'll add is that Woody is ahead of the curve on Hiring black coaches. Herm was before the Rooney Rule was in place and was only something like the 5-6th ?Black HC in the NFL. Then Bowles. 

I don't doubt that he's as white bread as they come but he's more ignorant than hater imo. 

On 8/14/2020 at 5:53 AM, bitonti said:

Hey dum dums
People are Asian
Furniture is oriental

When you say a person is oriental that's describing them as if they were a rug
Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

BS dum dum.

Theres Italian furniture, is that insulting to Italians?

Indian rugs, insulting to call people Indians?

Greek yogurt, is that insulting to my people?

Should I keep going?  

Dont call people dum.  Especially when the word is DUMB

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2020 at 3:53 AM, bitonti said:

Hey dum dums
People are Asian
Furniture is oriental

When you say a person is oriental that's describing them as if they were a rug

ha. yeah these days.  I grew up with Oriental being the word. It sometimes slips out and my wife needs to corre4ct me.  I'm getting there. 

I always just wonder where Indian/Pakistani and Nepalisian people fall in the Asian label that seems to only apply to people from the orient. Ya know, since they are in Asia. 

Labels are garbage over all. I look forward to a time when it's not this way. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

BS dum dum.

Theres Italian furniture, is that insulting?

Should I keep going?  

Dum Dums are some of the finest Lolli pops ever made. Kojack relied heavily upon them. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Bob Kraft stole the best coach in NFL history away while he was under contract.  Woody was like a kid on his first day at a new school who showed up at the cafeteria and had his lunch money and his pants taken off him on his first day. 

1.  Belichick was the HC that nobody wanted at that time.  His previous boss, trashed him and his people skills along with his coaching publicly everywhere possible.  When he was signed by the Jets as the HC to lead the team before Parcells would be out of his Pats deal and after he retired, Beningo, most of the press and most Jets fans were as negative as can be over the Jets being the same old Jets and hiring the scrub HC he was presumed to be was just like the Kotite hire. .

2.  Kraft was in contact behind the scenes with Belichick and offered him full control while he was also getting out from the shadow of Parcells and out of the pressure of NYC.  Could have happened to anyone, would have happened to any owner you can name.  

3.  Woody acted swiftly and demanded punishment from the deal.  The league came down on the Pats, found them guilty of tampering and took away draft picks.

4.  The idea that Woody is a boob because of this situation is wrong.  There are real complaints that can be made, this isnt a real one, 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Do not like. 

Bowles was an ineffective head coach, but a quality person who doesn't deserve that level of mocking. 

ha. Jeesh. Interesting.  I didn't even see that.  That was an absolute typo slip.  

I'll correct it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Beningo, most of the press and most Jets fans were as negative as can be over the Jets being the same old Jets and hiring the scrub HC he was presumed to be was just like the Kotite hire. .

Any Jets fans who didn't want BB after Parcells resigned were the same class of morons who wanted to run an add campaign to compare Gase to a clown in his first year here.  It's one of the dumbest arguments I have ever heard.   You do realize that Bob Kraft owns a team in our division and gave BB full control and has had the greatest run in NFL history.  

Any long term Jets fan who watched the BB press conference when he resigned as HC, knew the team was screwed from day 1.  It was without question the darkest day in Jets history.  Kraft wanted to win, Woody was just happy to be in the club.  

Beningo is a grievance rant.  That doesn't make him intelligent.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Any Jets fans who didn't want BB after Parcells resigned were the same class of morons who wanted to run an add campaign to compare Gase to a clown in his first year here.  It's one of the dumbest arguments I have ever heard.   You do realize that Bob Kraft owns a team in our division and gave BB full control and has had the greatest run in NFL history.  

Any long term Jets fan who watched the BB press conference when he resigned as HC, knew the team was screwed from day 1.  It was without question the darkest day in Jets history.  Kraft wanted to win, Woody was just happy to be in the club.  

Now youre making it up.  Belichick was a total failure as a coach and as a human in Baltimore.  He was despised and wasn't hired anywhere.  There was absolutely nothing that would make you look like a moron if you were sickened by the prospect of Belichick talking over for Parcells.  No one cared when he quit on the team, it was just another you have to be kidding moment with the negative responses being pointed right at BB.  

Kraft, to continue the line of mistakes was said to be ready to fire him after his first season, he so pissed people off. 

It great to point out after the fact what BB has become but it wasn't that way before his run started in NE. 

As for Woody, what the hell does he have to do with it?  Hess made the deal with Parcells and BB.  Hess paid BB millions to be the puppet.  Woody came onto the scene when he bought the Jets, 1/2000.  BB quit in that presser on 1/4/2000.  Thats wrong too, but its all Woodys fault. Youre not the only one who has a dream where Woody is the reason BB left. 

BTW, Beningo, when he first started on WFAN, doing the night show was really good.  And he was intelligent back then as he is today.  He knows a hell of a lot about each of the major sports, can name facts and details going back into the 60s. Hes a jag with a tired and annoying shtick that makes any normal, knowledgible fan turn him off, but hes inteligent  

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Now youre making it up.  Belichick was a total failure as a coach and as a human in Baltimore.  He was despised and wasn't hired anywhere.  There was absolutely nothing that would make you look like a moron if you were sickened by the prospect of Belichick talking over for Parcells.  No one cared when he quit on the team, it was just another you have to be kidding moment with the negative responses being pointed right at BB.  

Kraft, to continue the line of mistakes was said to be ready to fire him after his first season, he so pissed people off. 

It great to point out after the fact what BB has become but it wasn't that way before his run started in NE. 

As for Woody, what the hell does he have to do with it?  Hess made the deal with Parcells and BB.  Hess paid BB millions to be the puppet.  Woody came onto the scene when he bought the Jets, 1/2000.  BB quit in that presser on 1/4/2000.  Thats wrong too, but its all Woodys fault. Youre not the only one who has a dream where Woody is the reason BB left. 

BTW, Beningo, when he first started on WFAN, doing the night show was really good.  And he was intelligent back then as he is today.  He knows a hell of a lot about each of the major sports, can name facts and details going back into the 60s. Hes a jag with a tired and annoying shtick that makes any normal, knowledgible fan turn him off, but hes inteligent  

BB was the last coach of the Browns to win a playoff game.   He never coached Baltimore.  Hard to see how he failed when he wasn’t their HC. 

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

BB was the last coach of the Browns to win a playoff game.   He never coached Baltimore.  Hard to see how he failed when he wasn’t their HC. 

You have no idea what youre talking about ifs you dont think BB was an outcast at that time.  Baltimore, my bad I was seeing Modell and Baltimore but didnt say he failed there.  

You obviously are too young to remember the Modell speeches ripping BB.  And the hatred over the thought of him taking over for BP.  Its not arguable, its the way it was.

And again Woody bought the team in January, BB quit on 1/3.  Your point that Woody let a great HC go is wrong on both levels.  He wasn't great then and Woody was buying the team.  If you were around to see the pressers, Steve Guttman was running the team, Hess's guy and VP of football 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You have no idea what youre talking about ifs you dont think BB was an outcast at that time.  Baltimore, my bad I was seeing Modell and Baltimore but didnt say he failed there.  

You obviously are too young to remember the Modell speeches ripping BB.  And the hatred over the thought of him taking over for BP.  Its not arguable, its the way it was.

And again Woody bought the team in January, BB quit on 1/3.  Your point that Woody let a great HC go is wrong on both levels.  He wasn't great then and Woody was buying the team.  If you were around to see the pressers, Steve Guttman was running the team, Hess's guy and VP of football 

The fact is Parcells retired rather than work for Woody or if you prefer Woody or Dolan.  Bob Kraft, the owner of a team in our division was willing to tamper to steal BB out from under the Jets.  Kraft is a lot of things but unlike Woody he is a stone cold killer of a business man who earned his chops.  Woody is a trust fund baby who is a known tax cheat.

Modell wanted to get out of Cleveland and the last thing he wanted was to win and spike attendance.   The playoff run under BB actually pissed Modell off. 

The NFL is a club of owners who are partners.  What is much more telling about how good BB was and how much he was respected is Kraft was willing to disrupt the entire league ownership by stealing him.

I've been following the Jets and NFL football since 1965.  I disagree with you on almost everything you have said.  That doesn't mean I don't think you could have honestly come to a different conclusion or that you don't know what you're talking about.  I simply think you came to the wrong conclusion.  

Art Modell isn't exactly the model to base the outcast BB on.  Being an outcast in a small club of owners who are partners with each other doesn't indicate anything.  You think Kap didn't get a job in the NFL because he wasn't capable of playing.  You think Eric Reid wasn't good enough?  I view what Art Modell did and what Bob Kraft did for their respective teams were motivated by completely different circumstances.  Modell was trying to make the case to get out of Cleveland and wanted to lose.  Kraft was desperate to build a dynasty.  Both accomplished their goals. 

Art Modell fired Paul Brown and BB.  Two of arguably the top 5 coaches in NFL history.

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The fact is Parcells retired rather than work for Woody or if you prefer Woody or Dolan.  Bob Kraft, the owner of a team in our division was willing to tamper to steal BB out from under the Jets.  Kraft is a lot of things but unlike Woody he is a stone cold killer of a business man who earned his chops.  Woody is a trust fund baby who is a known tax cheat.

Modell wanted to get out of Cleveland and the last thing he wanted was to win and spike attendance.   The playoff run under BB actually pissed Modell off. 

The NFL is a club of owners who are partners.  What is much more telling about how good BB was and how much he was respected is Kraft was willing to disrupt the entire league ownership by stealing him.

I've been following the Jets and NFL football since 1965.  I disagree with you on almost everything you have said.  That doesn't mean I don't think you could have honestly come to a different conclusion or that you don't know what you're talking about.  I simply think you came to the wrong conclusion.  

Art Modell isn't exactly the model to base the outcast BB on.  Being an outcast in a small club of owners who are partners with each other doesn't indicate anything.  You think Kap didn't get a job in the NFL because he wasn't capable of playing.  You think Eric Reid wasn't good enough?  I view what Art Modell did and what Bob Kraft did for their respective teams were motivated by completely different circumstances.  Modell was trying to make the case to get out of Cleveland and wanted to lose.  Kraft was desperate to build a dynasty.  Both accomplished their goals. 

Art Modell fired Paul Brown and BB.  Two of arguably the top 5 coaches in NFL history.

The fact is Parcells signed on to be the HC for 3 years.  He then stayed on as an advisor/consultant to the team.  So you saying Parcells didnt want to work for Woody is as wrong as your thinking that BB was a great coach at the time.    Woody inserting his money is more nonsense.  Lots of owners owners of teams did over the years.  Love the idea that inserting money makes you into anything other than rich.

The idea, even a tiny bit, that Modell wanted to lose because the team was moving is fantasy.  It makes no sense on any level.  And ignores the fact that Modell hated BB.  Despised him and trashed him everywhere he could.  He didnt care.  What playoff run?  

Your insistence that Kraft risked all because of the greatness of BB in 2000 is not true.  His knowing how great he would be flies in the face of the reports that Kraft was going to fire BB.  This is the same guy who hired Caroll and dumped him.  Who using your logic chased Parcells away, into the Jets lap to turn the org around.

• Upvote 1

Dum dums are lolly pops

That's the reference

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-tsuchiyama-oriental-insult-20160601-snap-story.html

BS dum dum.
Theres Italian furniture, is that insulting to Italians?
Should I keep going?  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The fact is Parcells signed on to be the HC for 3 years.  He then stayed on as an advisor/consultant to the team.  So you saying Parcells didnt want to work for Woody is as wrong as your thinking that BB was a great coach at the time.    Woody inserting his money is more nonsense.  Lots of owners owners of teams did over the years.  Love the idea that inserting money makes you into anything other than rich.

The idea, even a tiny bit, that Modell wanted to lose because the team was moving is fantasy.  It makes no sense on any level.  And ignores the fact that Modell hated BB.  Despised him and trashed him everywhere he could.  He didnt care.  What playoff run?  

Your insistence that Kraft risked all because of the greatness of BB in 2000 is not true.  His knowing how great he would be flies in the face of the reports that Kraft was going to fire BB.  This is the same guy who hired Caroll and dumped him.  Who using your logic chased Parcells away, into the Jets lap to turn the org around.

I really despise you attacking my logic to reinforce your argument. It doesn’t.  BB is the goat.   Kraft wanted him so badly he gave him full control and risked a tampering charge.  

You think the owner of the Rams or the Raiders cared about winning when they were trying to force there way out of town. It’s an interesting POV.  I don’t agree with it.  

I have a very close group of Jets fans that go back to the 60’s.  What we all loved about the Parcells hire was BB was part of the package and would take over.  It was a plan for long term success.  It’s your opinion that BB would have sucked.  That’s a reasonable opinion.  Turns out BB was much better than Parcells.  I still get the logic of your thinking.  I’m impressed that now knowing that BB is the greatest coach in NFL modern history and is in our division you're willing to stick to the idea that he was essential a bum.  

PS Leon Hess was a terrible owner.  Unlike Woody he was an amazingly successful business man who built a business that competed with BP, Mobil, Exxon.  While a terrible owner he set the team up for long term success before he died.  Hess took Krafts pants and lunch money and Kraft learned a very important lesson.  Woody has been playing Ketchup* ever since.

*A trademark of the Heinz corporation.

On 8/16/2020 at 8:08 AM, Biggs said:

Full disclosure.  I'm not in any way associated with Woody Johnson or named in his will.  I don't need to pretend he is a great guy or a good owner.  

You can pretend the Jets have been a great success under Woody's ownership but you have to ignore the run that New England has had since Woody had BB stolen out from under him on his first day at work.  

"When the tide goes out everyone knows who's swimming naked"  

I don't pretend Woody is great either but the facts show under him we saw the longest stretch of success in team history.  It's not his fault the Patriots struck gold with Tom Brady and we had this success in the Brady era which makes it even more impressive.

People can hate him for whatever reasons but he did a very good job as owner from 2000-2016. 

23 hours ago, Biggs said:

BB was not in high demand when he was set to take over.  That last home game the entire crowd was chanting for Parcells to come back. 

Woody had NOTHING to do with BB leaving.

If not for Brady Belichick would be a defensive coordinator today.  

13 hours ago, Biggs said:

BB never coached the 1999-current browns, he coached the organization that is now the Ravens.

5 years before BB- browns made 3 AFC Championship Games.

5 years with BB- 4 losing seasons and just 1 wild card playoff appearance.

5 years after BB- Ravens won a super bowl.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't pretend Woody is great either but the facts show under him we saw the longest stretch of success in team history.  It's not his fault the Patriots struck gold with Tom Brady and we had this success in the Brady era which makes it even more impressive.

People can hate him for whatever reasons but he did a very good job as owner from 2000-2016. 

The Jets have had essentially 4 owners.  Harry Wismer, A consortium which Hess was the major backer and in 68 before the SB season Hess bought out the other partners and now Woody.  

For all the hate of Hess, under his ownership the Jets not only won a SB and went to the AFL finals the following year, the Jets and the AFL were able to force a merger with the NFL.  That merger turned the NFL into arguably the most successful sports franchise league in the world.   The Hess estate got a multiple 2,660 times the original investment when they sold it to Woody.  

Under Hess the team won the NFL/AFL championship went to the AFL championship game the following year and went to two AFL finals, once in 82 and once in 98.  He also left the team in the hands of great management, leaving the next ownership a HOF and future HOF Head Coach at the helm.

He took a 250,000 dollar investment and turned it into a 665 million dollar return for his estate.  He didn't buy a team that was making money or was part of an established league.  He didn't buy a team that had billion dollar tv contracts and wasn't competing for talent with another league.  The Jets at the time was a high risk investment that was very much at risk for complete failure.

It's not at all a fact that Woody had the longest stretch of success in team history.  Based on team success and the multiple of return he clearly doesn't.  Hess does and Hess was arguably a terrible owner when it came to the football team.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Citing a comedian doing a routine is hardly proof of anything

Jane Tuichiyama is a famous acupuncturist from Hawaii I believe

we can get into the merits of the profession but bottom line since you aren't going to read it or improve your mindset in anyway I'll quote it for you 

In other words it makes Asians sound exotic because it was in circulation at a time when exoticizing stereotypes were prevalent.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

BB was not in high demand when he was set to take over.  That last home game the entire crowd was chanting for Parcells to come back. 

Woody had NOTHING to do with BB leaving.

If not for Brady Belichick would be a defensive coordinator today.  

BB never coached the 1999-current browns, he coached the organization that is now the Ravens.

5 years before BB- browns made 3 AFC Championship Games.

5 years with BB- 4 losing seasons and just 1 wild card playoff appearance.

5 years after BB- Ravens won a super bowl.

I was very much in favor of BB taking over.  Parcells completely bungled our playoff chances in his first year here when he lost it with O'Donnell during the Detroit game.  Parcells was great in some areas but I always thought he was close to done and was being carried by the staff.

If Ray Perkins didn't leave Parcells may have never been anything more than a DC?  Hard to speculate about that.  BB was the defensive architect of both Giant SB wins when Parcells was head coach.  

By not in high demand you mean the Pats didn't tamper to get him while he was under contract.  That seems to be a fact you choose to ignore.

40 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Jets have had essentially 4 owners.  Harry Wismer, A consortium which Hess was the major backer and in 68 before the SB season Hess bought out the other partners and now Woody.  

For all the hate of Hess, under his ownership the Jets not only won a SB and went to the AFL finals the following year, the Jets and the AFL were able to force a merger with the NFL.  That merger turned the NFL into arguably the most successful sports franchise league in the world.   The Hess estate got a multiple 2,660 times the original investment when they sold it to Woody.  

Under Hess the team won the NFL/AFL championship went to the AFL championship game the following year and went to two AFL finals, once in 82 and once in 98.  He also left the team in the hands of great management, leaving the next ownership a HOF and future HOF Head Coach at the helm.

He took a 250,000 dollar investment and turned it into a 665 million dollar return for his estate.  He didn't buy a team that was making money or was part of an established league.  He didn't buy a team that had billion dollar tv contracts and wasn't competing for talent with another league.  The Jets at the time was a high risk investment that was very much at risk for complete failure.

It's not at all a fact that Woody had the longest stretch of success in team history.  Based on team success and the multiple of return he clearly doesn't.  Hess does and Hess was arguably a terrible owner when it came to the football team.  

Hess was part of a group when they won the SB.  He took majority control in 1981 and became solo owner in 1984.  

Bill Parcells had to be talked into coming back in 1999.  The next owner was never getting bill Parcells the HC, they got Bill Parcells the crappy GM.

It is 100% fact the Jets had their longest stretch of success under Woody.  From 2001-2010 the Jets made the playoffs 6 times and won 6 playoff games, from 1960-1999 the Jets made the playoffs 8 times and won 6 playoff games.  It's not debatable.

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I was very much in favor of BB taking over.  Parcells completely bungled our playoff chances in his first year here when he lost it with O'Donnell during the Detroit game.  Parcells was great in some areas but I always thought he was close to done and was being carried by the staff.

If Ray Perkins didn't retire Parcells may have never been anything more than a DC?  Hard to speculate about that.  BB was the defensive architect of both Giant SB wins when Parcells was head coach.  

By not in high demand you mean the Pats didn't tamper to get him while he was under contract.  That seems to be a fact you choose to ignore.

BB deployed the greatest defensive player in history with the Giants.  That's why he looked like a genius.  BB then won as a HC with the greatest QB of all time.  Without LT he's nothing more than a decent DC, without Brady he's a failed HC.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, nyjunc said:

Hess was part of a group when they won the SB.  He took majority control in 1981 and became solo owner in 1984.  

Bill Parcells had to be talked into coming back in 1999.  The next owner was never getting bill Parcells the HC, they got Bill Parcells the crappy GM.

It is 100% fact the Jets had their longest stretch of success under Woody.  From 2001-2010 the Jets made the playoffs 6 times and won 6 playoff games, from 1960-1999 the Jets made the playoffs 8 times and won 6 playoff games.  It's not debatable.

BB deployed the greatest defensive player in history with the Giants.  That's why he looked like a genius.  BB then won as a HC with the greatest QB of all time.  Without LT he's nothing more than a decent DC, without Brady he's a failed HC.

B933CF12-EE4D-4B9D-902B-94661D0059CE.jpeg.2aff0ce7ed3ca07aa93baf280066a56d.jpeg

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Belichick was an outcast?  I get that he wasn't what he is today, but Parcells gave him the Assistant Head Coach title.  The Jets didn't give him $1M extra to stay on under Parcells, with a guarantee that he was the succession plan because he was a ******* outcast.

Yep, that was exactly the deal Belichick got from the jets in 1996 and it was a good deal considering he was a failed head coach with the browns up until then

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Ray Perkins didn't leave Parcells may have never been anything more than a DC?  Hard to speculate about that.  BB was the defensive architect of both Giant SB wins when Parcells was head coach.  

The pats tampered in 2000 after they fired Pete Carroll and were desperate to get a coach.  They didn’t tamper in 1996.  Belichick wasn’t even the DC that year under Parcells it was Al Groh 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Hess was the majority owner in 1968

• Upvote 1