Will Ed Oliver be suspended?

The Bills have had CB Gaines opt out plus DT Star Lotulelei. Tradavius White is on the bubble with an hour & 10 minutes to go. 
He might be 1 of the 3:59 opt outs so he can go into hiding. 
Anyway, if Oliver & Star are out with our much bigger, much tougher Oline & adding Gore & Perrine, Jets might just be RUNNING behind our new Giant BIG TICKET. 
Josh Allen seems like one of those streaky QBs that sitting on the bench for long periods of time would not be favorable. 
That 1st game is anybodies game. Bills are overhyped. 

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Bills have had CB Gaines opt out plus DT Star Lotulelei. Tradavius White is on the bubble with an hour & 10 minutes to go. 
He might be 1 of the 3:59 opt outs so he can go into hiding. 
Anyway, if Oliver & Star are out with our much bigger, much tougher Oline & adding Gore & Perrine, Jets might just be RUNNING behind our new Giant BIG TICKET. 
Josh Allen seems like one of those streaky QBs that sitting on the bench for long periods of time would not be favorable. 
That 1st game is anybodies game. Bills are overhyped. 

Still a DWI ... Doesn't matter if charges are dropped... I bet its 4 games

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Still a DWI ... Doesn't matter if charges are dropped... I bet its 4 games

A DWI with a 0.0 alcohol level and a clean blood test. Please explain because I'm not following.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I’ll check the article when I have better internet so I apologize for asking but how do those charges get dropped? Was it a water gun or something?

edit: Article loaded but Oliver’s blood test came back and said he wasn’t so having the gun wasn’t illegal. Apparently getting pulled over with an open beer in your lap is ok? 

44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Dammit ?
Star being out is huge + one of their starting CBs. 

EJ Gaines was not their starting CB. He was a question mark to make their roster. Levi Wallace (the starter from last season) was the expected starter for this season with Josh Norman as the expected backup. 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I’ll check the article when I have better internet so I apologize for asking but how do those charges get dropped? Was it a water gun or something?

The gun was only illegal if he was drunk or something and his blood test came back negative for alcohol. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

He wasn't impaired so he was transporting the gun legally. If he was drunk or using drugs then they can charge him with transporting a gun illegally. He wasn't either and took a breathalyzer and blood test, hence all charges were dropped.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

He wasn't impaired so he was transporting the gun legally. If he was drunk or using drugs then they can charge him with transporting a gun illegally. He wasn't either and took a breathalyzer and blood test, hence all charges were dropped.

The article mentioned he had a beer in his lap but I guess that couldn’t be proven 

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

The article mentioned he had a beer in his lap but I guess that couldn’t be proven 

An open container doesn't make transporting the gun illegal. He had to be impaired. The breathalyzer and blood test both came back negative so they dropped the gun charge since it can't stand without being to prove he was impaired (and they found no other drugs in his vehicle).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

An open container doesn't make transporting the gun illegal. He had to be impaired. The breathalyzer and blood test both came back negative so they dropped the gun charge since it can't stand without being to prove he was impaired (and they found no other drugs in his vehicle).

I had no idea you were allowed to drive with an open container as long as the breathalyzer was negative. I see it a lot here in Mexico and now I understand haha

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

I find it hard to believe he had an open container when he blew a 0.0%. Maybe he just likes to drive around with an open beer between his legs to keep his crotch cool. Gets pretty damn hot in Texas.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

This case against Oliver was dropped a few weeks ago... but what’s going on with Quinnen Williams two pending felony gun charges?

Any news about that?

The local DA in Queens is having a hard enough time convicting actual criminals — QW’s dumb gun charge is in suspended animation until Covid19 goes away

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Drums said:

I had no idea you were allowed to drive with an open container as long as the breathalyzer was negative. I see it a lot here in Mexico and now I understand haha

Texas.

It's barely part of the United States as it is.  Their views on guns and booze are quite different from the Northeast :)

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It’s Texas, I think you can get charged if you don’t have a gun in the car

• Haha 2

I find it hard to believe he had an open container when he blew a 0.0%. Maybe he just likes to drive around with an open beer between his legs to keep his crotch cool. Gets pretty damn hot in Texas.

Almost spit my whisky I’m drinking, so I don’t argue with my wife, all over the place! ... can’t wait to get off the cellphone so I can change from an up arrow to a laugh response

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 3

Almost spit my whisky I’m drinking, so I don’t argue with my wife, all over the place! ... can’t wait to get off the cellphone so I can change from an up arrow to a laugh response

Maybe I should move this to[mention=19641]Nolder[/mention] ‘s alcohol thread !

16 hours ago, RobR said:

A DWI with a 0.0 alcohol level and a clean blood test. Please explain because I'm not following.

The officer said that he was clearly intoxicated and he failed the field sobriety test.. BAC is the most common way to get a DWI but not the only way. And the Blood test was not administered at the time of the incident but way later.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

The officer said that he was clearly intoxicated and he failed the field sobriety test.. BAC is the most common way to get a DWI but not the only way. And the Blood test was not administered at the time of the incident but way later.

Ludes wear off after just a few hours

Just sayin

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

The facts finally came out and all charges were dropped. What is the NFL going to suspend him for.....Legally transporting a firearm while sober?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-dt-ed-oliver-says-he-felt-violated-from-may-arrest

Bills DT Ed Oliver says he felt 'violated' from May arrest

NFLShield

Around the NFL Staff

NFL.COM

Buffalo Bills defensive lineman Ed Oliver said he felt "violated" when discussing the events surrounding a May arrest in which charges were later dropped.

Oliver was arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated (DWI) and unlawfully carrying a weapon stemming on May 16, but the Montgomery County, Texas, district attorney dismissed the charges in July.

Oliver told reporters Monday that his breathalyzer test at the time registered 0.0 and he does not know how that reading could have led to his arrest. Oliver said the officer on the scene maintained he was intoxicated, despite Oliver saying he was just tired. That led to frustration on the defensive tackle's part because he had passed the breathalyzer exam. Oliver also told reporters that he took a blood test following his release from jail in May.

"You know what, I had, I'm certain, 0.0 of anything," Oliver said. "I'm not sure how you get arrested with nothing in your system. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know how I got arrested. That's one of the things I'll say is life can hit you quick. Even if you're innocent, you can still go to jail for nothing. You've just got to do what you got to go, bruh. They say you've got to jail? Go to jail, don't resist, go to jail. Like I said, light at the end of the tunnel, come back 0.00, let him go, drop all the charges. … Did they say you've got to go to jail? Guess what, you've got to go to jail that day. It's not right, but it is what it is. You can't fight five officers. Might as well just go to jail. I ain't have no choice."

Oliver said he was then given a jumpsuit with holes in it upon his arrival to jail.

"Man, I didn't feel right," Oliver said. "I didn't work my life and walk the straight line my whole life to be put in a jumpsuit to be taken to jail for what? So that's how I feel violated."

When Oliver's charges were dropped, the Bills issued a statement of support for the player.

Oliver's arrest came one week before the murder of George Floyd while in Minneapolis policy custody, and he said those events put things into perspective that it could have been him had things played out differently.

"It really puts things into perspective like that could have been me," Oliver said. "If I ain't just 'yes sir, no sir' and just comply. All it took was for me to move the wrong way or do something the wrong way and that could have been me."

On 8/7/2020 at 5:39 AM, Skeptable said:

He blew a 0.0 at the scene when they administered the field breathalyzer. The blood test proved he didn't have drugs in his system.    They didn't give the officer a lie detector test a breathalyzer or take his blood.  We will never know if the officer was confused, drunk on drugs or simply lied to cover up a bad stop.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He blew a 0.0 at the scene when they administered the field breathalyzer. The blood test proved he didn't have drugs in his system.    They didn't give the officer a lie detector test a breathalyzer or take his blood.  We will never know if the officer was confused, drunk on drugs or simply lied to cover up a bad stop.  

He failed the field sobriety test... Officer said he was clearly intoxicated... The blood test was taken way later and many drugs could have cleared his system by the time he took the blood test... 

Believe whatever you want Goodell is the arbitrator... His decision not yours

9 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He failed the field sobriety test... Officer said he was clearly intoxicated... The blood test was taken way later and many drugs could have cleared his system by the time he took the blood test... 

Believe whatever you want Goodell is the arbitrator... His decision not yours

Drugs don't clear your blood quickly.  The breathalyzer was given at the scene.   Evidence of what the cop said doesn't exist.  That's why the charges were dropped.  If Goodell wants to throw the book at a young black man who was wrongly stopped, arrested and later cleared of all charges it would not be a good look for the NFL.  Goodell is all about how it looks for the NFL not some rouge cop in Texas.  

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Drugs don't clear your blood quickly.  The breathalyzer was given at the scene.   Evidence of what the cop said doesn't exist.  That's why the charges were dropped.  If Goodell wants to throw the book at a young black man who was wrongly stopped, arrested and later cleared of all charges it would not be a good look for the NFL.  Goodell is all about how it looks for the NFL not some rouge cop in Texas.  

Breathalyzer measures alcohol... On breath... Not drugs... Yes there are many drugs that clear your blood system weeks later... Get real

• Thumb Down 2

On 8/6/2020 at 1:05 PM, Drums said:

edit: Article loaded but Oliver’s blood test came back and said he wasn’t so having the gun wasn’t illegal. Apparently getting pulled over with an open beer in your lap is ok? 

Oliver responded on Twitter saying, "I had a beer can between my legs get the f*** out of here how does a 5’8 officer see inside a window above his head anyway. how do 5 cop cars show up before I take a sobriety test huh"

Sounds like Mr. Oliver doesn't believe he had an open beer in his lap.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

Breathalyzer measures alcohol... On breath... Not drugs... Yes there are many drugs that clear your blood system weeks later... Get real

What don't you get.  He was tested for alcohol at the scene.  None.  The tested him for drugs when they brought him in, none.  Get real the cops lied their ass off.  DA's in Texas don't dismiss charges for lack of evidence unless there isn't evidence.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1