Vyncint Smith out 5-8 Weeks

kdels62

17 minutes ago, slats said:

This is an excellent example of just how far out of whack your perception has become. Gase took the job because Darnold is here. Joe Douglas took the job because Darnold is here. There isn't so much as a hint or sign or any evidence whatsoever to suggest that these guys are anything but all in on Sam Darnold. James Morgan is working with the threes. 

It's hot takes like this that put your entire agenda in perspective. 

He's right.  

The way JD has managed the roster this year has me leaning toward that position exactly.  JD has essentially moved on from Darnold and is planning for the future.

When you have your 3rd year - franchise QB in house - you don't trade your best players, sign mostly one-year FA deals and load up on draft picks two seasons away.  That would just be stupid.

So, if we assume he's not stupid - what he's doing is exactly what you want to do when you're about to bring in a new franchise QB.  Right now JD looks smart to me if that's his plan.

And oh - Gase took the job because we're the only idiots that would offer him one.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

He's right.  

The way JD has managed the roster this year has me leaning toward that position exactly.  JD has essentially moved on from Darnold and is planning for the future.

When you have your 3rd year - franchise QB in house - you don't trade your best players, sign mostly one-year FA deals and load up on draft picks two seasons away.  That would just be stupid.

So, if we assume he's not stupid - what he's doing is exactly what you want to do when you're about to bring in a new franchise QB.  Right now JD looks smart to me if that's his plan.

And oh - Gase took the job because we're the only idiots that would offer him one.

Lol, you guys can have each other. You've definitely pumped up each other's rep nicely today. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

When a GM tanks a year like they we are this year - y'all praise the GM for not spending on FA - "it's the right thing not to spend" - "What has FA every gotten us" - "Why pay for other teams headaches" etc....

Not signing Jack Conklin does not equal “tanking,” sir

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, slats said:

And the "most impactful," Robby Anderson wasn't and isn't all that special,

He is who he is, an UDFA who is a legit NFL deep threat (prolly top 10 in NFL), and an all around WR2/3...

not your wrestle the ball away on 50/50 balls/outphysical the DBs. so saying not all that special is about right.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thanks Mo, thats what I was thinking.  Just couldn't get my head wrapped around a muscle off bone being called a hernia.  

Do they still use mesh is it only in extreme circumstances where there is no other choice?

The mesh has improved significantly since its terrible initial days. That being said for most people they try to avoid it if they can. It would be interesting to see the literature on athletes and their outcomes with both. They exert themselves way harder (mesh might make sense) but are also in better shape (so they will develop better support to prevent recurrence). 

My educated guess would be mesh as last resort even for athletes given their access to world class rehab etc. 

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm going to list this for the last time ---- IMHO, The Jets could have absolutely been a contender this year.  

I believe, Sam Darnold has the true potential to be a legitimate top 5 NFL QB and I believe his second year in the offense will allow him to prosper - if he had the right tools. 

So, yes - while the Jets still wouldn't be the most talented team in the world they could have absolutely been competitive this year if the organization didn't decide to save money and punt on it.

Tackles: Jack Conklin, Ryan Bulaga, Jason Peters - heck, Beachum and Shell would be upgrades to Fant

Guard: Graham Glascow is a substantial upgrade to what we have right now

WR: Emanuel Sanders, Randall Cobb and, of course, keeping Robby.  (I'm so tired of hearing people here tell me that Robby wasn't any good but a guy with half his production is actually much better)

Also, how about keeping our best player, if trading the only good player on the roster doesn't tell you something I'm not sure what will!

Heck, on the defensive side of the ball there are STILL two difference makers on the market and Woody's sitting on a pile of money in his cap reserve -  Griffen and Clowney.

NOTE - Except for Jason Peters, every free agent I mentioned above went to another team - so they were gettable.

You're telling me we're not tanking but we trade away our only all-pro and best player and not sign our most impactful offensive player.  How can you not see it that way?

This is the NFL - a couple of key pieces in the right place - like a strong RT, along with your young Rookie LT, a high impact WR can make the world of difference if your franchise QB takes the next step.  

Everson  Griffin isn’t on the market anymore as he signed with the Dallas Cowboys weeks ago.

On 8/18/2020 at 11:30 AM, bitonti said:

that's one way of saying it 

another way of saying it is a player shot his way out of town and the GM rolled over and gave this player everything he wanted

rewarding bad behavior 

You mean like when we traded Keyshawn Johnson for John Abraham or later Abraham for Mangold?  Because that’s what the smart franchises do

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

You mean like when we traded Keyshawn Johnson for John Abraham or later Abraham for Mangold?  Because that’s what the smart franchises do

Keyshawn got his ring. 

Revis got his ring 

even Farrior got a ring

time will about Adams 

are the Jets a "smart" Franchise or are these players the smart ones?

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Keyshawn got his ring. 

Revis got his ring 

even Farrior got a ring

time will about Adams 

are the Jets a "smart" Franchise or are these players the smart ones?

And we got excellent return on investment for those trades.  They were the rare instances of the jets being smart last 20 years

Your anger over Adams is getting to be nonsensical.  He doesn’t put the Seahawks defense over the top for a Super Bowl btw.  Packers, 49ers are still significantly better in the nfc

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Your anger over Adams is getting to be nonsensical.  He doesn’t put the Seahawks defense over the top for a Super Bowl btw. 

lets get it straight I don't get mad about the Jets. I get sad or dissapointed

as for 33 it's very early in the proceedings but he's lighting up their camp 

i didn't want to like broadcast this in it's own thread because, well, i'm just so popular already but the early returns from Seattle are no regrets

from the SEA Athletic beater

One snap, that’s all Jamal Adams needed.

It was the first play of Seattle’s full-team period Monday, the first day the team practiced with pads on. Russell Wilson and the rest of the starting offense lined up in the red zone against the No. 1 defense, including Adams, the Seahawks’ new star strong safety. Before the snap, you could hear someone in the secondary shouting they were about to “Get me one,” which I’ll safely assume was a reference to an interception.

A few seconds later, the ball was in Adams’ hands, and shortly after that he was speeding down the sideline, the ball hoisted in the air like a trophy as he galloped into the opposite end zone.

“Great first play for him down in the red zone, he picks one off and takes it back,” coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday morning. “He got hammered for his ball security on that by the team, and rightfully so.”

Ball security aside, the 24-year-old All-Pro safety picking off one of the best quarterbacks in the league was the first and most notable highlight of Seattle’s first two days in pads. The Seahawks defense has lacked playmaking in recent years, and it didn’t take long for Adams to show he’s the piece they’ve been missing. He’s special.

These are my other notes and observations from Days 5 and 6 of camp:

1. One more Adams nugget. Carroll laughed at Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams’ claim that Adams would be “bored” in Seattle because his plate wouldn’t be as full as it was in New York. We can see why. Adams’ other notable play came Tuesday when he flew off the edge on a blitz during a full-team period and had a free run at Wilson, who would have been crushed if it were a live play. Wilson ultimately got the ball off, but by then Adams was in the backfield celebrating what would have been a huge play. Practice plays need to be digested with a grain of salt, but it’s obvious how much of an impact Adams can have on this defense. Seattle’s secondary already looks much better with Adams in it.

2. Adams comes across as a solid teammate, too. When young guys make bad plays, he’ll occasionally run over and offer some instruction or encouragement. If they make a great play, he’s one of the guys running over to show some love. He’s even taking shots at the offense when they’re going against the defense in full-team periods. Adams had an ugly ending in New York, but he’s kicking off his stint in Seattle in all the right ways so far.

the way they play, D built from the safeties out, O conservative, Russell Wilson magician, 33 might actually put them over the top 

fans here remember 33 as a POS because of his social media but on the field he was nothing but positive for this terrible Jets franchise 

On 8/18/2020 at 12:15 PM, FidelioJet said:

He's right.  

Yeah what will Darnold do without Mosley or Adams to throw to!?!?

Oh wait, they both play defense. Mosely played 2 quarters last year and Jamal is an overrated SS. We'll be fine, you miserable fans better not log in and comment when Darnold is proving to be a top tier QB.

2 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Yeah what will Darnold do without Mosley or Adams to throw to!?!?

Oh wait, they both play defense. Mosely played 2 quarters last year and Jamal is an overrated SS. We'll be fine, you miserable fans better not log in and comment when Darnold is proving to be a top tier QB.

I’m Actually a huge Darnold fan.  It’s the major reason why I’m so frustrated our GM/organization has decided not to try and compete this year.  Be aggressive and put the pieces around him don’t save cap money for some hypothetical time when we might have someone to pay. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

lets get it straight I don't get mad about the Jets. I get sad or dissapointed

as for 33 it's very early in the proceedings but he's lighting up their camp 

i didn't want to like broadcast this in it's own thread because, well, i'm just so popular already but the early returns from Seattle are no regrets

from the SEA Athletic beater

the way they play, D built from the safeties out, O conservative, Russell Wilson magician, 33 might actually put them over the top 

fans here remember 33 as a POS because of his social media but on the field he was nothing but positive for this terrible Jets franchise 

Let it go dude Adams was not that good.  2 picks in 3 years is self explanatory 

The Seahawks D is not even close to the Legion of Boom.  They had the best cover corner in the nfl, 2 safeties who were both better than Adams and Bennett and Wagner in their primes

On 8/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Not creating a rumor, but could that be 'roid related? There's a reason I'm asking that question. I detest baseball, but I remember the whole stink when Mike Piazza had his entire calf muscle tear off the bone. Why? 'Roids. 

9 hours ago, jetophile said:

Not creating a rumor, but could that be 'roid related? There's a reason I'm asking that question. I detest baseball, but I remember the whole stink when Mike Piazza had his entire calf muscle tear off the bone. Why? 'Roids. 

David Boston had similar injuries right after 2001 when he was the league’s best receiver for one short season

not saying Smith is roider but this injury sucks.  No way is he playing this year.

Uh yeah sign Antonio Brown.  I’d kinda like to actually have a season.