FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A team in this depleted condition losing the toughest game on its schedule is nothing to be worried about.

I know all you Eyeore's live for these losses, you stirp naked, light a fire, and run around drenched in each other's blood, but it's just folly.

SAR I

No, but being 0-13 is, along with Gase being one of the worst head coaches in NFL history. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I would think Johnson would fire Gase based on humiliation. This team is embarrassing, how can just sit silently week after week. Gregg Williams' boby of work far out weighs Gase's yet he was fired last week and Gase still has a job. Unbelievable!

Woody is very sensitive to what's said about the team. @u. I

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I would think Johnson would fire Gase based on humiliation.

That sentence is the Johnson's biggest crime since they've owned the team and something they're not doing ever again. 

The days of Eeyore SOJF's backed by the likes of Beningo, Lucas, and Manish are over.  We're doing this "the right way".  We have our GM and HC pairing and we're going to let them rebuild this thing.  Deal with it.

SAR I

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That sentence is the Johnson's biggest crime since they've owned the team and something they're not doing ever again. 

The days of Eeyore SOJF's backed by the likes of Beningo, Lucas, and Manish are over.  We're doing this "the right way".  We have our GM and HC pairing and we're going to let them rebuild this thing.  Deal with it.

SAR I

You are very entertaining and intelligent. I know, at this point, you no longer feel or believe that Gase should be retained. However I enjoy your posts because it takes great creativity to play the part of a Gase loyalist.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You are very entertaining and intelligent. I know, at this point, you no longer feel or believe that Gase should be retained. However I enjoy your posts because it takes great creativity to play the part of a Gase loyalist.

This season isn't about W's or L's or statistics.  It is about validating every player on this roster, getting rid of the ones who aren't going to help us in 2022, developing the ones who are, and collecting draft collateral for April and cap space for March.

We don't know if Gase is any good at play design or playcalling or not.  He inherited the worst roster with the worst OL and worst playmakers in the entire league, and his franchise quarterback is a Maccagnan bust, unquestionably the biggest gaffe he ever made.

We are in position to get a generational quarterback and we are under the leadership of a head coach who knows what he's doing in his role as Football Man of Florham Park.  Sit tight.  Be patient.  The revolving door of coaches and GM's had to stop and it has.  A decade of Idzik and Maccagnan is going to take more than a year to fix.

SAR I

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This season isn't about W's or L's or statistics.  It is about validating every player on this roster, getting rid of the ones who aren't going to help us in 2022, developing the ones who are, and collecting draft collateral for April and cap space for March.

We don't know if Gase is any good at play design or playcalling or not.  He inherited the worst roster with the worst OL and worst playmakers in the entire league, and his franchise quarterback is a Maccagnan bust, unquestionably the biggest gaffe he ever made.

We are in position to get a generational quarterback and we are under the leadership of a head coach who knows what he's doing in his role as Football Man of Florham Park.  Sit tight.  Be patient.  The revolving door of coaches and GM's had to stop and it has.  A decade of Idzik and Maccagnan is going to take more than a year to fix.

SAR I

Right, so lets play Frank Gore. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

Right, so lets play Frank Gore. 

What exactly is wrong with that?

Frank Gore is the kind of lockerroom leader that sets the example for all the young players to follow.  If he's the best RB every week in practice what message does that send if Gase doesn't start him?

And, in case you weren't paying attention, Gore looked 10x better than Perine or Bell did at any time this year.  You scream for Gase to "start generating offense or else!" and then you scream when he.......puts his best offensive player on the field.  Makes a ton of sense, Eeyore.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SORE I

EC822294-0EF4-4788-BB84-F1F787AA24B4.jpeg

New York Jets: Brian Daboll

The New York Jets don't figure to take long to end the wild Adam Gase era after a 7-9 season in 2019 and the regression to winless status so far this year.

Gase has even admitted he hasn't done a good job of developing 2018 third overall pick Sam Darnold, so it isn't hard to see what the Jets will look for once the vacancy likely opens up.

And the Jets won't have to look far for inspiration. Elsewhere in the AFC East, Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll has done an excellent job with Josh Allen.

Daboll quietly has a superb lineage, having coached under Bill Belichick and Nick Saban and worked with many levels of offenses. Allen was in the MVP conversation this year after a breakout start, and through 12 games he had completed 69.9 percent of his passes with 26 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Darnold will enter his fourth season in 2021, and the Jets need somebody in-house to decide whether he's going to be worth a big-money extension—or if the team should use a top pick on a new potential franchise passer.

No matter which way that goes, Daboll is an ideal candidate to work with their top quarterback in 2021.

• Post of the Week 1