FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Last year, I don't recall any complaining about playcalling as we won 6 of our last 8 games.

So Gase started last year 1-7 and he's 0-9 this year, yet you're focusing on an 8 game stretch where we played the dregs of the league (Washington, Giants, Dolphins, Steelers with a 3rd string QB, Buffalo resting starters for the playoffs) as your defense of the guy?

And in that stretch he lost to the Bengals, who were like 0-11 at that time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So Gase started last year 1-7 and he's 0-9 this year, yet you're focusing on an 8 game stretch where we played the dregs of the league (Washington, Giants, Dolphins, Steelers with a 3rd string QB, Buffalo resting starters for the playoffs) as your defense of the guy?

And in that stretch he lost to the Bengals, who were like 0-11 at that time.

As the New York Jets head coach, in the crucial months of November and December Adam Gase is 6-4.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

As the New York Jets head coach, in the crucial months of November and December Adam Gase is 6-4.  

SAR I

nice pics of jets coaches  you got there. but 3 AFC championship coaches are not shameful. and Bill Parcells isnt in anyones hall of shame. Pete Carroll had one year at 9-7.... funny thing is the number one guy who should be there Rich Kotite isnt. hes in your avatar but not your hall of shame? 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, doitny said:

nice pics of jets coaches  you got there. but 3 AFC championship coaches are not shameful. and Bill Parcells isnt in anyones hall of shame. Pete Carroll had one year at 9-7.... funny thing is the number one guy who should be there Rich Kotite isnt. hes in your avatar but not your hall of shame? 

Can't wait till Gase is fired with the worst W-L record in Jets coach history.  Only Kotite in contention for all-time Jets worst.  Seeing his picture added will be satisfying.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, doitny said:

Look again at my signature.  Read the words this time.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

it's the spacing of the RookieCoachHall that's hard to notice.  The banner is trimmed top and bottom making it tougher to read.  I've always liked that banner and felt it really tells the story of this team.  Kotite was not a rookie, and had failed terribly in Philadelphia, which makes his hire a ridiculous blunder.  Identical to Adam Gase in that regard.

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

oh so its..ROOKIE...head coaches. isnt that Parcells in the middle? and i dont get the Rex hate. 2 AFC championship games, most by a jet coach. most playoff games and wins of any jet coach. he not Parcells but in a hall of shame? Rex gets no respect. 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:06 PM, SAR I said:

SAR I

Adam Gase as head coach of the NY Jets is 7-18 (.280%). 

Only 3 NYJ coaches of All-Time have ever had a worse losing percentage than Adam Gase.

95-96: Rich Kotite (4-28). .125%. 

1975: Ken Shipp (1-4). .200%. 

1976: Lou Holtz (3-10) .214. 

Adam Gase (.280%). 

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Adam Gase as head coach of the NY Jets is 7-18 (.280%). 

Only 3 NYJ coaches of All-Time have ever had a worse losing percentage than Adam Gase.

95-96: Rich Kotite (4-28). .125%. 

1975: Ken Shipp (1-4). .200%. 

1976: Lou Holtz (3-10) .214. 

Adam Gase (.280%). 

Those are ancient times.  That's before the salary cap.  

Adam Gase wasn't brought here to win.  Adam Gase was brought here to gut the organization and rebuild it.  You SOJF's beg for the Jets to "build the organization the right way" and the moment things get tough, like 4 games in, you start crying for the exact opposite of what you asked for.  "I want to win now!  Get some free agents!  Let's go 8-8!"  Losers mentality.

You can't be the Pittsburgh Steelers overnight.  Look around.  Look at all the teams trying to do it "the right way".  It takes years, many years, to get all the pieces in place.  And then you have a run for a handful of years.  And then you take a step back for a few years.  And then you have a run again.  Look at the Steelers the last 10 years.  Look at the Ravens the last 10 years.  That's our goal.

Adam Gase is supposed to suck the first few years.  That's what a blow-up tear-down rebuild looks like.  Even dumbass pathetic SOJF's should be able to see that's what we're doing.  You wanted the Johnson's to stay out of football decisions.  You wanted the likes of Glat and Maccagnan gone.   You wanted a Football Man at the top.   Now you have one.  And he's doing it the right way, the smart way.  He hired Douglas.  He placed Elhai.  He got rid of all the weed users and malcontents.  He got rid of all the expensive players we don't need during this down period.  He and Douglas are stocking up on one year players and making quick evaluations.  They are building through the draft.  Slowly.  The right way.

You've got what you asked for.  So shut up.  Keep your SOJF whining to yourself.  When we actually have a roster that's ready to win you have the right to criticize the head coach.  Keep your lips sealed until 2022, maybe 2023.  Let Gase do his job without being a distraction.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase wasn't brought here to win.  Adam Gase was brought here to gut the organization and rebuild it.  You SOJF's beg for the Jets to "build the organization the right way" and the moment things get tough, like 4 games in, you start crying for the exact opposite of what you asked for.  "I want to win now!  Get some free agents!  Let's go 8-8!"  Losers mentality.

You can't be the Pittsburgh Steelers overnight.  Look around.  Look at all the teams trying to do it "the right way".  It takes years, many years, to get all the pieces in place.  And then you have a run for a handful of years.  And then you take a step back for a few years.  And then you have a run again.  Look at the Steelers the last 10 years.  Look at the Ravens the last 10 years.  That's our goal.

Adam Gase is supposed to suck the first few years.  That's what a blow-up tear-down rebuild looks like.  Even dumbass pathetic SOJF's should be able to see that's what we're doing.  You wanted the Johnson's to stay out of football decisions.  You wanted the likes of Glat and Maccagnan gone.   You wanted a Football Man at the top.   Now you have one.  And he's doing it the right way, the smart way.  He hired Douglas.  He placed Elhai.  He got rid of all the weed users and malcontents.  He got rid of all the expensive players we don't need during this down period.  He and Douglas are stocking up on one year players and making quick evaluations.  They are building through the draft.  Slowly.  The right way.

You've got what you asked for.  So shut up.  Keep your SOJF whining to yourself.  When we actually have a roster that's ready to win you have the right to criticize the head coach.  Keep your lips sealed until 2022, maybe 2023.  Let Gase do his job without being a distraction.

SAR I

Please believe this !

Signed:

Everyone else in the AFC 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Why do you keep including Gase as if he's apart of our long term picture? Because he's not. And will be fired immediately following the season. 

On 11/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, pdxgreen said:

Mt brother last night during the lead of to Folk's saving grace:  "Wow. Adam Gase is terrible.  Seriously bad.  You guys should get rid of that guy."  Repeat for next few hours.

So it's settled then. If YOUR brother feels that way, how can anyone else think differently?

I mean it's your brother... he's the guy EVERYONE listens to. :rl:

On 11/11/2020 at 1:14 AM, doitny said:

Herm doesn't belong in SAR's horrible coaches picture.  He won a couple of playoff games and, were it not for Doug Brien, Herm would've been in the AFC CG.

While I was thrilled when we got rid of him (and amazed we got a pick back from the Chiefs for him), you can't argue that he had some success here.  Maybe he was "the motivator" rather than the "X's and O's guy" but whatever he was doing was working at least reasonably well.  In any case, he certainly doesn't belong in the Gase/Kotite/Walton/Coslet category.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why do you keep including Gase as if he's apart of our long term picture? Because he's not. And will be fired immediately following the season. 

Adam Gase is The Football Man of Florham Park.

Adam Gase is orchestrating this rebuild himself, he was hired to do this.  If fans weren't clouded by hate they could see how obvious it is, the signs are everywhere.  He got Maccagnan fired, he got Glat fired, he hired Douglas, he green-lit Elhai.  Every player who he didn't like is gone.  Every media personality who he didn't like is gone.  Johnson and Douglas are protecting him, they praise him in the media.  No players are revolting, none are giving negative reports as 'anonymous insiders'.  The team is busting its ass, playing very hard for him.

The pandemic and no paying fans has made it very easy for a front office normally conditioned to falter from their strategy every time the fans start public whining to stay the course this time.  This is Gase's show.  He's not going anywhere.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

Unless Gase is part of the plan. In that case he stays. I dont have an opinion either way on Gase. I will say this though. The players who have left arent doing much. A few of them did better with Gase. The team he took over was a disaster. Thats why JD asked for a 6 year contract. Not because he thought he was taking over the 86 49ers. I also grew very very tired of the Jets listening to their fans. Covid could be the best thing that ever happened to this franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 11/10/2020 at 10:06 PM, SAR I said:

SAR I

and in the crucial month of January  Rex is 4-2 and yet hes in your hall of shame. 

so if Gase is part of this rebuild as you say, he must know that Darnold will not be a part of it. so he should be tanking for Trevor right? well we came really close to wining against NE. that would have put us tied with JAX for the #1 pick. 

if hes not trying to lose games to get us the #1 pick then hes not in it to rebuild. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Herm doesn't belong in SAR's horrible coaches picture.  He won a couple of playoff games and, were it not for Doug Brien, Herm would've been in the AFC CG.

While I was thrilled when we got rid of him (and amazed we got a pick back from the Chiefs for him), you can't argue that he had some success here.  Maybe he was "the motivator" rather than the "X's and O's guy" but whatever he was doing was working at least reasonably well.  In any case, he certainly doesn't belong in the Gase/Kotite/Walton/Coslet category.

Gase makes Herm look like Bill Walsh

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2020 at 1:22 AM, SAR I said:

If Bill Belichick goes 2-14 should he get fired?

A coach with Belichick's resume who can't get more than 2 wins is a bigger indictment on the profession than Gase going 1-15.

SAR I

Belichick has 6 rings and a roster that isn’t much better than our putrid roster

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Belichick has 6 rings and a roster that isn’t much better than our putrid roster

Exactly my point.  The difference between Gase and Belichick is negligible.

If Bill Belichick was our coach this year, he wouldn't have blown the Denver and Patriots games like Gregg Williams did.  So we'd be 2-7.

The Patriots are 3-5.

SAR I

23 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So it's settled then. If YOUR brother feels that way, how can anyone else think differently?

I mean it's your brother... he's the guy EVERYONE listens to. :rl:

I hope his brother is Woody Johnson.  This is not an endorsement of Woody, just a wish that Gase is removed on or before Black Monday.

• Upvote 1