FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I just wanted to stop by and say I support this thread. It is my belief that @Creepy Lurker and his Fire Maccagnan thread had a major impact on the Jets decision making. So I will help with this one as much as I can. 

Fire Adam Gase! 

Hire someone better! 

If instead of joining the pile-on like all the other boring members of your little YouTube clique, if you would think more clearly and your next video were entitled "GIVE ADAM GASE AN EXTENSION" you would get far more than your typical whopping 252 views.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If instead of joining the pile-on like all the other boring members of your little YouTube clique, if you would think more clearly and your next video were entitled "GIVE ADAM GASE AN EXTENSION" you would get far more than your typical whopping 252 views.

SAR I

Just Wrong Thats Messed Up GIF - JustWrong ThatsMessedUp ThatsTerrible GIFs

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Why so mean?  

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Why so mean?  

I didn’t think it was at the time but reading it now it does appear so.  Apologies.

You have a real opportunity to step away from the pack with their tired stereotypes and bad narratives and break some new ground.  Save Adam Gase, save the world. 

SAR I  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I didn’t think it was at the time but reading it now it does appear so.  Apologies.

You have a real opportunity to step away from the pack with their tired stereotypes and bad narratives and break some new ground.  Save Adam Gase, save the world. 

SAR I  

You might remember my vid "The Case for Gase"  I tried man. lol  I stuck with him as long as I could and I tried to help people give him some time. 

I just don't feel that way any longer and I'm ready to move on and finally allow a GM of ours to choose a coach.  I know you like him, but I don't. It's all good. 

Thanks for the apology. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I just wanted to stop by and say I support this thread. It is my belief that @Creepy Lurker and his Fire Maccagnan thread had a major impact on the Jets decision making. So I will help with this one as much as I can. 

Fire Adam Gase! 

Hire someone better! 

I proudly wore my “Fire Mac” hat last year when I met you haha. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

You have a real opportunity to step away from the pack with their tired stereotypes and bad narratives and break some new ground.  Save Adam Gase, save the world

SAR I  

482212219_DonaldDuckLaughing3.gif.e376cce2d1543b8e119a1c8ca5e15768.gif

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, SAR I said:

Exactly my point.  The difference between Gase and Belichick is negligible.

If Bill Belichick was our coach this year, he wouldn't have blown the Denver and Patriots games like Gregg Williams did.  So we'd be 2-7.

The Patriots are 3-5.

SAR I

Through 9 games, Belichick only has 4 wins more than Gase does, despite having a terrible team.  The difference between Gase and Belichick is negligible.

image.png.2dc2d925c442777ba89e67f57400bb50.png

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Through 9 games, Belichick only has 4 wins more than Gase does, despite having a terrible team.  The difference between Gase and Belichick is negligible.

image.png.2dc2d925c442777ba89e67f57400bb50.png

Hard to believe you're giving props to the greatest head coach who ever lived for being 3rd place in his division behind the rebuilding Dolphins, having lost 4 games in a row, having lost to the 49ers and Broncos, coming within a hair of losing to the winless Jets, and beating the Ravens because of a monsoon.

Funny, sounds very much like your narrative from last season about Gase only being able to beat the scrubs on a pathetic and advantageous schedule.  Interesting.

SAR I

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hard to believe you're giving props to the greatest head coach who ever lived for being 3rd place in his division behind the rebuilding Dolphins, having lost 4 games in a row, having lost to the 49ers and Broncos, coming within a hair of losing to the winless Jets, and beating the Ravens because of a monsoon.

Funny, sounds very much like your narrative from last season about Gase only being able to beat the scrubs on a pathetic and advantageous schedule.  Interesting.

SAR I

Good point!  I forgot that the Ravens are scrubs.

57 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SORE I

6FCC095C-A17B-4E32-9FE3-9090B5223698.jpeg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Good point!  I forgot that the Ravens are scrubs.

The Steelers and Raiders were not scrubs when we played them and beat them last year either, they were both in playoff position.  This year's Ravens are the holding onto the last playoff spot along with 6 other teams that are 6-3 including the Browns, Raiders, and Dolphins, hardly world-beaters.

The point is that you should be more disappointed in "great" coaches like Belichick and Harbaugh who are losing with great organizations they've been with for decades than Gase who just got here and has inherited the worst roster in the NFL.  Gase is meeting expectations.  Belichick and Harbaugh are an embarrassment.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Steelers and Raiders were not scrubs when we played them and beat them last year either, they were both in playoff position.  This year's Ravens are the holding onto the last playoff spot along with 6 other teams that are 6-3 including the Browns, Raiders, and Dolphins, hardly world-beaters.

The point is that you should be more disappointed in "great" coaches like Belichick and Harbaugh who are losing with great organizations they've been with for decades than Gase who just got here and has inherited the worst roster in the NFL.  Gase is meeting expectations.  Belichick and Harbaugh are an embarrassment.

SAR I

Gase has failed everywhere in the big chair. At some point you have to start blaming the driver and not the car.

And the one thing that I've never seen you address (apologies if I missed it) how does the rebound of four key offensive players the year following getting away from Gase fit into your narrative that he's been besotted by poor talent as a HC and isn't accountable for bad results?

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Howling.jpg

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The Steelers were starting their 3rd string QB when we played them.  The Raiders weren't bad but they weren't great either.  

As far as your 2nd paragraph, are you saying that you don't think BB is a "great" HC?  And last week you talked about how bad BB was doing because, just like Gase, he wasn't winning with a bad team.  Meanwhile BB is 4-5 with his bad team while Gase is 0-9 with his. 

Gase's Jets have barely been competitive (6 10+ point losses and 4 20+ point losses in 9 games), while BB already has wins against the 6-3 Dolphins, 6-3 Raiders, and the 6-3 Ravens.  Plus he barely lost the 6-3 Seahawks and 7-3 Bills.  And this is BB's 1st "bad season" in 20 years yet the Pats still have an outside chance at a playoff spot.

PATRIOTS SCHEDULE:

image.png.2f497f3d5c740942e522822358f7549a.png

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As far as your 2nd paragraph, are you saying that you don't think BB is a "great" HC?  And last week you talked about how bad BB was doing because, just like Gase, he wasn't winning with a bad team.  Meanwhile BB is 4-5 with his bad team while Gase is 0-9 with his. 

Bill Belichick is supposedly the best head coach in the history of the game and even he is struggling because of a weakened roster and injuries.  That's the point here.  Gase has every reason in the world to be 0-9 right now, he was brought here to destroy the front office, tear down the roster, and rebulid.  Belichick with all of his experience and all of his advantages has no excuse for having a losing record.  Gase's Jets aren't trying to win.  Belichick's Patriots are.  They were 12-4 last year.  He hand-picked every player on a roster he has been managing as GM for 20 years.

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase's Jets have barely been competitive (6 10+ point losses and 4 20+ point losses in 9 games), while BB already has wins against the 6-3 Dolphins, 6-3 Raiders, and the 6-3 Ravens.  Plus he barely lost the 6-3 Seahawks and 7-3 Bills.  And this is BB's 1st "bad season" in 20 years yet the Pats still have an outside chance at a playoff spot.

Again, you are looking at apples and oranges.  The Jets aren't trying to win.  Since around Week 4 they came to the conclusion that with all the injuries, Darnold busting, and expensive contracts to shed that it would be in the best interest of the franchise to blow it all up, tank the 2020 season, and move on to 2021.  

No one expects Gase to be competitive.  We aren't in it for a decent record anymore.  We are in it to tank.  Up north, everyone expects Belichick to work his Hall of Fame I'm better than Don Shula and Vince Lombardi magic.  And he's 2 games behind the pathetic Dolphins.  

We wanted Maccagnan gone.  We wanted influential non-football men out of Florham Park.  We want to be a respected organization that does it the "right way".  This is what it looks like.  Blaming the head coach when you know we are supposed to lose and the goal is to get the #1 pick in the draft is silly, it's just SOJF whining.  Three-legged horses don't win races and they don't look competitive either.  Blaming the jockey is equally foolish.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Up north, everyone expects Belichick to work his Hall of Fame I'm better than Don Shula and Vince Lombardi magic.  And he's 2 games behind the pathetic Dolphins.  

SAR I

If you think the Dolphin's are pathetic you aren't watching football. The Jet's should have fired Gase after last season. Bringing in a new coach to build a winning culture, cleaning up cap, helping the GM get the right draft picks, and finding hidden gem's last offseason would have helped this year and beyond.

Your posts rival those of nyjunc...lol

34 minutes ago, jgb said:

Gase has failed everywhere in the big chair. At some point you have to start blaming the driver and not the car.

The goal is to have a great head coach when the roster is ready to win, right?  Who cares what a head coach looks like when the roster is bad?  If you judged Belichick on 2020 you'd never know he is the greatest head coach who ever lived when he has a franchise quarterback and a good roster.  Gase has had success on multiple franchises when the quarterback played well and the roster was above average.  The Broncos and Dolphins were playoff teams when they had the right rosters.  So the same thing should happen here.

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

And the one thing that I've never seen you address (apologies if I missed it) how does the rebound of four key offensive players the year following getting away from Gase fit into your narrative that he's been besotted by poor talent as a HC and isn't accountable for bad results?

Players are only as good as the talent around them.  Put those 4 ex-Dolphins on today's Jets and we'd still be 0-9.  Put them all on the Chiefs and they'd look like All-Pro's.  We've seen this happen to us, James Farrior, Demario Davis, Leonard Williams, great players tend to be great when they are dropped onto better rosters.  Idzik and Maccagnan killed us for a decade.  It doesn't get fixed overnight.  A single head coach doesn't suddenly fix everything.

We asked for this.  We asked to be rebuilt the "right way".  This is what it looks like.  It took the Bills and Dolphins 30 years to get back to relevance.  Let's hope it doesn't take us that long.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

If you think the Dolphin's are pathetic you aren't watching football. The Jet's should have fired Gase after last season. Bringing in a new coach to build a winning culture, cleaning up cap, helping the GM get the right draft picks, and finding hidden gem's last offseason would have helped this year and beyond.

As a franchise, the Dolphins are pathetic for the last 30 years.  That's not the type of team the Patriots should be trailing in the standings with the greatest head coach who ever lived with his great winning culture with a roster he hand-picked.  That's the point.

This mythical "new coach" wouldn't change a damned thing.  We'd still be 0-9 right now.  The roster was barely acceptable going into the season but between injuries, opt-outs, trades, fire sales, and Sam Darnold busting, what do you expect?  You had us at 5-11 with everything going right, and there you go, 0-9 is what 5-11 looks like with a disasterous roster situation, no WR's, a commitment to an immediate rebuild, and a terrible quarterback.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bill Belichick is supposedly the best head coach in the history of the game and even he is struggling because of a weakened roster and injuries.  That's the point here.  Gase has every reason in the world to be 0-9 right now, he was brought here to destroy the front office, tear down the roster, and rebulid.  Belichick with all of his experience and all of his advantages has no excuse for having a losing record.  Gase's Jets aren't trying to win.  Belichick's Patriots are.  They were 12-4 last year.  He hand-picked every player on a roster he has been managing as GM for 20 years.

Again, you are looking at apples and oranges.  The Jets aren't trying to win.  Since around Week 4 they came to the conclusion that with all the injuries, Darnold busting, and expensive contracts to shed that it would be in the best interest of the franchise to blow it all up, tank the 2020 season, and move on to 2021.  

No one expects Gase to be competitive.  We aren't in it for a decent record anymore.  We are in it to tank.  Up north, everyone expects Belichick to work his Hall of Fame I'm better than Don Shula and Vince Lombardi magic.  And he's 2 games behind the pathetic Dolphins.  

We wanted Maccagnan gone.  We wanted influential non-football men out of Florham Park.  We want to be a respected organization that does it the "right way".  This is what it looks like.  Blaming the head coach when you know we are supposed to lose and the goal is to get the #1 pick in the draft is silly, it's just SOJF whining.  Three-legged horses don't win races and they don't look competitive either.  Blaming the jockey is equally foolish.

SAR I

The Jets aren't trying to win.  No one expects Gase to be competitive.

Is this still the NFL we're talking about here?  

Gase was brought here to destroy the front office, tear down the roster, and rebuild.

Oh man, I must've missed the memo.  I thought he was brought here to develop Sam Darnold (which would help in the larger goal of getting the team to win).  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one expects Gase to be competitive.  We aren't in it for a decent record anymore.  We are in it to tank. 

Going into yesterday, Jacksonville was 1-7 and Green Bay was 6-2.  Jax started a backup QB named Jake Luton, yet still almost beat the Packers (losing 24-20).  How come Jax is still good enough to be competitive?  We have the worst HC in football.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is this still the NFL we're talking about here?  

What the Jets are doing is smart.  They are ripping off the bandaid and blowing it all up very aggressively so that the rebuild is faster.  Teams that kinda sorta rebuild can eke out 3-4 wins and look competitive in 3-4 other games but in the end that's the road to purgatory, that's what we saw the Dolphins and Bills do first-hand for the last 30 years.

The smart way to rebuild is to really rebuild.  Blow it all up, immediately, take the medicine in one very painful shot, and then rebuild quickly and efficiently.  And we should be thankful.  Yeah, sucks really bad right now, but we'll be better for it in the next few years, we can get back to respectability and winning much faster this way.  The reason we are this bad and cutting the roster so deep is the pandemic-  without paying fans for a season or two there isn't the temptation to be better than this.  And with Lawrence out there as the big prize, it will be well worth it.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What the Jets are doing is smart.  They are ripping off the bandaid and blowing it all up very aggressively so that the rebuild is faster.  Teams that kinda sorta rebuild can eke out 3-4 wins and look competitive in 3-4 other games but in the end that's the road to purgatory, that's what we saw the Dolphins and Bills do first-hand for the last 30 years.

The smart way to rebuild is to really rebuild.  Blow it all up, immediately, take the medicine in one very painful shot, and then rebuild quickly and efficiently.  And we should be thankful.  Yeah, sucks really bad right now, but we'll be better for it in the next few years, we can get back to respectability and winning much faster this way.  The reason we are this bad and cutting the roster so deep is the pandemic-  without paying fans for a season or two there isn't the temptation to be better than this.  And with Lawrence out there as the big prize, it will be well worth it.

SAR I

I mean, I agree that the best way to rebuild is to really rebuild.  And it's also to be fortunate enough to get 1.01 in a year where a "transformational player" is in the draft.  I'm just saying that, going into this season, this was not the direction we were supposed to take.  IIRC, Vegas had us at 6.5 wins (possibly it was 7.5?)