FIRE ADAM GASE ***OFFICAL THREAD ***

joewilly12

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I mean, I agree that the best way to rebuild is to really rebuild.  And it's also to be fortunate enough to get 1.01 in a year where a "transformational player" is in the draft.  I'm just saying that, going into this season, this was not the direction we were supposed to take.  IIRC, Vegas had us at 6.5 wins (possibly it was 7.5?)

Sure, when we had this assumed roster back in July:

Darnold
Bell
Mims
Perriman
Crowder
Becton
Mosley
Adams

That's pretty much 90% of the talent on this team, and they either busted, missed significant time, were cut, were traded, or opted-out.  Can't survive that.  If those players were not on the roster or missed significant time, we wouldn't have been 6.5,  We'd have been 1.5.

It's why the 2020 season is going to be a Jets mulligan all around.  Gase survives unless he loses the locker room in the next 7 weeks (unlikely) or Lawrence's agent plays games (possible).

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase survives unless he loses the locker room in the next 7 weeks (unlikely) or Lawrence's agent plays games (possible).

SAR I

Or if someone finally educates the Johnsons and they wake up and realize that Gase is a young-QB killer, always forcing his hair-brained, nonstrategic offense down any QBs throat no matter what that QB's talents and needs happen to be, thereby ensuring said QB never develops.  He will always try to fit a different shape peg into his square hole of an offensive scheme.    Vomit.  Last thing anyone wants to see is Gase ruin the next QB, which is what will happen if he remains.

56 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Going into yesterday, Jacksonville was 1-7 and Green Bay was 6-2.  Jax started a backup QB named Jake Luton, yet still almost beat the Packers (losing 24-20).  How come Jax is still good enough to be competitive?  We have the worst HC in football.

Because the Jaguars have a better roster than we do.

The Jets were competitive in the following games:

Broncos:  Jets were down 27-16 and fought all the way back to take a 28-27 lead with 3 minutes left.

Bills:  Jets were up 10-0 at halftime and held the lead still into the 3rd quarter.

Patriots:  Jets were up 20-10 at the half, traded scoring, and had a 7 point lead with 2 minutes left.

And there were other games like at the Bills where we would have cut the deficit to only 7 points in the 4th quarter if Darnold saw an open receiver.  If not for Greg William's crappy defense we would have 2-3 wins right now.  And, what do you know, that feels like completely injured we'd have been tracking to the 5-6 wins the experts said we would have completely healthy.

And I'm not complaining.  It's far better to go 0-16 than 3-13.  I'd love to see a FIRE GREGG WILLIAMS thread, though.  He's what kept us from the precious 2-3 wins you seem so upset about.

SAR I

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Broncos:  Jets were down 27-16 and fought all the way back to take a 28-27 lead with 3 minutes left.

Bills:  Jets were up 10-0 at halftime and held the lead still into the 3rd quarter.

Patriots:  Jets were up 20-10 at the half, traded scoring, and had a 7 point lead with 2 minutes left.

And there were other games like at the Bills where we would have cut the deficit to only 7 points in the 4th quarter if Darnold saw an open receiver.  If not for Greg William's crappy defense we would have 2-3 wins right now.  And, what do you know, that feels like completely injured we'd have been tracking to the 5-6 wins the experts said we would have completely healthy.

And I'm not complaining.  It's far better to go 0-16 than 3-13.  I'd love to see a FIRE GREGG WILLIAMS thread, though.  He's what kept us from the precious 2-3 wins you seem so upset about.

SAR I

BCA17066-C627-4808-B31F-186FF811D842.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The goal is to have a great head coach when the roster is ready to win, right?  Who cares what a head coach looks like when the roster is bad?  If you judged Belichick on 2020 you'd never know he is the greatest head coach who ever lived when he has a franchise quarterback and a good roster.  Gase has had success on multiple franchises when the quarterback played well and the roster was above average.  The Broncos and Dolphins were playoff teams when they had the right rosters.  So the same thing should happen here.

Players are only as good as the talent around them.  Put those 4 ex-Dolphins on today's Jets and we'd still be 0-9.  Put them all on the Chiefs and they'd look like All-Pro's.  We've seen this happen to us, James Farrior, Demario Davis, Leonard Williams, great players tend to be great when they are dropped onto better rosters.  Idzik and Maccagnan killed us for a decade.  It doesn't get fixed overnight.  A single head coach doesn't suddenly fix everything.

We asked for this.  We asked to be rebuilt the "right way".  This is what it looks like.  It took the Bills and Dolphins 30 years to get back to relevance.  Let's hope it doesn't take us that long.

SAR I

Except all the Gase guys looked like dogs together. One year later they look great. Whether on the same team or on different teams. Tannehill is playing at a pro bowl level -- Parker and Gesicki are playing better with Ryan Fitzpatrick fercrying out loud.

The only thing Gase has proven is that he can succeed as an OC with a HOF QB. Anything less than that, he's a total failure. That is not a good HC.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Okay so we were competitive in 3 of the 9 games we've played thus far.  That means we weren't even competitive in 6 of the 9 games.  That's absolutely pathetic and unacceptable!  Look at Jacksonville's schedule, btw.  Competitive in 6 of the 9 games and they're in competition with us (and they're also playing their backup QB).

image.png.a0db06589b10dfb1c5999e090044e6e4.png

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

As a franchise, the Dolphins are pathetic for the last 30 years.  That's not the type of team the Patriots should be trailing in the standings with the greatest head coach who ever lived with his great winning culture with a roster he hand-picked.  That's the point.

SAR I

Really?  I think you have trouble with math...30 years? The 90's the dolphins had a guy named Marino! Nothing about his play or the Fin's was pathetic!

In case you haven't paid attention over the last 20 years BB and TB12 pretty much dominated the entire NFL not just the AFCE. 

are we stuck with gase all season? Man I feel bad for our team right now, as low as we have ever been since i have been watching it never felt like this, I really thought bowles was the worst, but looking back we at least were scoring points. I mean Gase has beaten us down so much we dont even expect him to score more than 1 TD a game. Its crazy. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Except all the Gase guys looked like dogs together. One year later they look great. Whether on the same team or on different teams. Tannehill is playing at a pro bowl level -- Parker and Gesicki are playing better with Ryan Fitzpatrick fercrying out loud.

The only thing Gase has proven is that he can succeed as an OC with a HOF QB. Anything less than that, he's a total failure. That is not a good HC.

Well, what then about the work Gase has done with Becton, Mims, Perriman, and Gore?  The two rookies look solid, Perriman was an injured journeyman, Flacco hasn't looked good in years, and Gore looks spry for such an old man.  

Gase went 10-6 with the Dolphins when they were healthy.  Gase finished 6-2 last season completely beat-up.  Gase would have gone the 5-11 the experts predicted if Darnold didn't bust, if Mosley didn't opt-out, if Bell didn't play like crap, and if Adams didn't force his way out of town.  Without the injuries, we'd have been in contention.  Once Week 4 hit and it was clear we weren't healthy and Darnold wasn't an NFL quarterback it became a fire sale and all bets have been off since then. 

Gase is calling the shots.  He's the Football Man in Florham Park.  Let's see how he does next year with a new quarterback, a set of new free agents, a new draft class, and a new offensive coordinator.  We aren't going to get any experienced head coach who is better, and when you roll the dice on a rookie coordinator or a college coach they may fail at the organizational things that Gase is actually good at.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Well, what then about the work Gase has done with Becton, Mims, Perriman, and Gore?  The two rookies look solid, Perriman was an injured journeyman, Flacco hasn't looked good in years, and Gore looks spry for such an old man.  

Gase went 10-6 with the Dolphins when they were healthy.  Gase finished 6-2 last season completely beat-up.  Gase would have gone the 5-11 the experts predicted if Darnold didn't bust, if Mosley didn't opt-out, if Bell didn't play like crap, and if Adams didn't force his way out of town.  Without the injuries, we'd have been in contention.  Once Week 4 hit and it was clear we weren't healthy and Darnold wasn't an NFL quarterback it became a fire sale and all bets have been off since then. 

Gase is calling the shots.  He's the Football Man in Florham Park.  Let's see how he does next year with a new quarterback, a set of new free agents, a new draft class, and a new offensive coordinator.  We aren't going to get any experienced head coach who is better, and when you roll the dice on a rookie coordinator or a college coach they may fail at the organizational things that Gase is actually good at.

SAR I

Perriman has two games over 30 yards. Let's see... what could be the common factor in those two games? Oh, yeah. Joe Flacco was the QB -- a guy who already was who he was before Gase got his death mitts on him. Gase can't develop a Polaroid.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Okay so we were competitive in 3 of the 9 games we've played thus far.  That means we weren't even competitive in 6 of the 9 games.  That's absolutely pathetic and unacceptable!  Look at Jacksonville's schedule, btw.  Competitive in 6 of the 9 games and they're in competition with us (and they're also playing their backup QB).

All that means is that the Jaguars have a better and deeper roster than we do.

Joe Douglas built the 2020 Jets.  We've got 28 players on 1-year deals.  Half the roster.  And we've had 18 players on/off IR.  And we lost Bell, Adams, and Mosley.  And our 3 starting WR's have played 1 game together.  And the defense can't tackle.  And Sam Darnold is a bust.

What exactly should Adam Gase be doing?  He's managing an 0-16 roster.  Oh, so we're not losing pretty enough for you?  Doesn't matter.  Doesn't matter what Adam Gase looks like when we have a bad roster.  What matters is what Adam Gase looks like when we have a good roster.  When he had a good roster in Denver and Miami, he made the playoffs.  He developed young talent.  Same thing will happen here.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Perriman has two games over 30 yards. Let's see... what could be the common factor in those two games? Oh, yeah. Joe Flacco was the QB -- a guy who already was who he was before Gase got his death mitts on him. Gase can't develop a Polaroid.

You're a Gase hater and that's fine.  But you're going to be miserable for the next half a decade while he rebuilds this team.  This is the perfect time to go elsewhere.  The Giants look promising.  Spare yourself the misery.  

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

You're a Gase hater and that's fine.  But you're going to be miserable for the next half a decade while he rebuilds this team.  This is the perfect time to go elsewhere.  The Giants look promising.  Spare yourself the misery.  

SAR I

Damn right I hate him. You can buy an Alabama jersey when Saban wins another championship with Gase as his head of quality control.

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So if Gase is fired at any time between now and a few days after the season ends will you admit you were completely wrong about Gase being the "Football Man in Florham Park"?

And to be fair, if he stays on as HC of the NYJ or if he gets bumped up to "president of football operations" (or some title like that), then I will admit that I was wrong and you were right. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas built the 2020 Jets.  We've got 28 players on 1-year deals.  Half the roster.  And we've had 18 players on/off IR.  And we lost Bell, Adams, and Mosley.  And our 3 starting WR's have played 1 game together.  And the defense can't tackle.  And Sam Darnold is a bust.

What exactly should Adam Gase be doing?  He's managing an 0-16 roster.  Oh, so we're not losing pretty enough for you?  Doesn't matter.  Doesn't matter what Adam Gase looks like when we have a bad roster.  What matters is what Adam Gase looks like when we have a good roster.  When he had a good roster in Denver and Miami, he made the playoffs.  He developed young talent.  Same thing will happen here.

SAR I

he chased away and abused talent on those teams...he hasn't developed anyone, especially at QB. It is always someone else fault with Gase. He should start by coaching the team and trying to adapt a game plan to this players strengths and the opponents weaknesses. that would be a good start about a year and 1/2 ago. 

In all honestly he could just stop playing injured players - that would probaby be the greatest thing he could do. We are hoping no lasting damage to Becton and Sam. Im not sure how you can keep defending this guy as a coach, but also jsut as a person. i mean it is not his first day in the league. he knows playing hurt guys leads to worse injuries, his teams are always plagued but injury, everywhere he goes...and he always opts to play the teams most talented for them just to get rehurt. 

I still can't figure out if you are just trolling or your really do like gase. are you his cousin or something? 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So if Gase is fired at any time between now and a few days after the season ends will you admit you were completely wrong about Gase being the "Football Man in Florham Park"?

And to be fair, if he stays on as HC of the NYJ or if he gets bumped up to "president of football operations" (or some title like that), then I will admit that I was wrong and you were right. 

Of course he won't admit anything. He'll say how JD somehow corrupted the Johnsons and orchestrated Gase's exit because he felt threatened.

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes. That certainly makes sense. 

SAR I

On 11/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, SAR I said:

Darnold
Bell
Mims
Perriman
Crowder
Becton
Mosley
Adams

That's pretty much 90% of the talent on this team, and they either busted, missed significant time, were cut, were traded, or opted-out.  Can't survive that.  If those players were not on the roster or missed significant time, we wouldn't have been 6.5,  We'd have been 1.5.

It's why the 2020 season is going to be a Jets mulligan all around.  Gase survives unless he loses the locker room in the next 7 weeks (unlikely) or Lawrence's agent plays games (possible).

SAR I

The Vegas O/U for Jet wins this year (6.5) was the number going into the season.  So it wasn't a distortion due to Mosley opting out, Jamal getting traded, etc.  Gase is going to severely under-perform.

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Vegas O/U for Jet wins this year (6.5) was the number going into the season.  So it wasn't a distortion due to Mosley opting out, Jamal getting traded, etc.  Gase is going to severely under-perform.

Injuries.  Two years worth of ridiculous and deep injuries.  The O/U was 6.5 back in July.  I don't recall what it was after Mosley opted-out, Jamal got traded, Bell got cut, etc.

If this team were capable of winning 5 games, they would have.  Hell, even with all the injuries Gase had a 4th quarter lead against Denver and New England, leads that Gregg Williams defense blew.  Had we won those two games and if we didn't start a fire sale, we'd have won 4-5 games, exactly what we would have been expected to win.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Injuries.  Two years worth of ridiculous and deep injuries.  The O/U was 6.5 back in July.  I don't recall what it was after Mosley opted-out, Jamal got traded, Bell got cut, etc.

If this team were capable of winning 5 games, they would have.  Hell, even with all the injuries Gase had a 4th quarter lead against Denver and New England, leads that Gregg Williams defense blew.  Had we won those two games and if we didn't start a fire sale, we'd have won 4-5 games, exactly what we would have been expected to win.

SAR I

In all fairness SAR, a good HC would do what Bill Belichick had done with a depleted roster go 4-5, not 0-9.  The Patruits roster between defections, Covis Opt Outs and injuries is not good.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, SAR I said:

Darnold
Bell
Mims
Perriman
Crowder
Becton
Mosley
Adams

SORE I

446C57BE-956D-4261-9097-B13B40F585BE.jpeg

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

In all fairness SAR, a good HC would do what Bill Belichick had done with a depleted roster go 4-5, not 0-9.  The Patruits roster between defections, Covis Opt Outs and injuries is not good.

If Bill Belichick isn't 4 games better than Adam Gase then the Hall of Fame isn't worth the concrete its built out of.

SAR I

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

A good HC would do what Bill Belichick had done with a depleted roster, go a respectable 4-5, not 0-9.  The Patrios roster between defections, Covid19 Opt Outs, and injuries is not good.

Let's see....

Head coach in place for 20 years.

Head coach acts as his own GM, shopping for all the groceries.

Head coach has been running the same offensive and defensive playbooks since 2000.

Team was 12-4 last year.  Team has an amazing culture.  Team has a ton of leaders on and off the field.

Bill Belichick sitting with 4 wins is a bigger disappointment than Adam Gase sitting with none.  Belichick has an enormous advantage.  Stop hating on Gase.  Start believing in him.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop hating on Gase.  Start believing in him.

SAR I

I'm not hating on anyone, I just don't buy into he fact that you can't judge a HC when his team is decimated with injuries.  I actually believe that is the best time to judge a HC. Can he maintain respectability when the team is shorthanded? No one expects miracles, just don't look like an embarrassment.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

That’s not how the Vegas line works. They don’t set it in July and leave it at that number despite changing conditions. Obviously, people would make a killing betting against them if so. 

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I'm not hating on anyone, I just don't buy into he fact that you can't judge a HC when his team is decimated with injuries.  I actually believe that is the best time to judge a HC. Can he maintain respectability when the team is shorthanded? No one expects miracles, just don't look like an embarrassment.

When Gase had a talented roster in Denver and Miami, he thrived, the teams made the playoffs, the teams were successful.

When Gase has the least talented roster in the entire league, he can't win.  Not a surprise.  To your point, he has maintained respectability where it matters most-  with his young players.  The Jets are not playing embarrassing football.  We had Denver and New England beat late in the fourth quarter.  We'll win a couple of game down the stretch.

This isn't a season where you judge the coaching staff on wins and losses.  That concept went out the door Week 4 when we started the fire sale after countless injuries and Darnold getting hurt.  Since that time you judge the team on how hard it plays and if the players are responding to coaching.  They are.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That’s not how the Vegas line works. They don’t set it in July and leave it at that number despite changing conditions. Obviously, people would make a killing betting against them if so. 

I remember our conversations in July and I remember discussing 6.5 at that time.  That was prior to the opt-out by Mosley, Adams trade, Bell trade, injuries to Perriman, Mims, Crowder, etc. 

SAR I

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

When Gase had a talented roster in Denver and Miami, he thrived, the teams made the playoffs, the teams were successful.

When Gase has the least talented roster in the entire league, he can't win.  Not a surprise.  To your point, he has maintained respectability where it matters most-  with his young players.  The Jets are not playing embarrassing football.  We had Denver and New England beat late in the fourth quarter.  We'll win a couple of game down the stretch.

This isn't a season where you judge the coaching staff on wins and losses.  That concept went out the door Week 4 when we started the fire sale after countless injuries and Darnold getting hurt.  Since that time you judge the team on how hard it plays and if the players are responding to coaching.  They are.

SAR I

30972658-CFB7-4817-A809-CCBC99DA754C.jpeg

• Sympathy 1

SAR I
The one thing I will say ... Gase has never given Darnold a glowing review... it's always... I couldn't believe he made that throw the way his body was contorted ... or something along those lines ... which to me says it is possible he knew what I suspected 3 years ago .. Sam Darnolds deficiencies won't magically disappear... he is who he was ... a technically unsound raw talent QB that's makes poor decisions. This should not be compared with Favre .. because his talent level is not in the same universe.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2