Our Owners

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

They are in over their head.  And it’s sad how they think they know football.

The might actually be the smartest owners in the NFL. They correctly assessed long ago that a cheap loser brings more profits than an expensive winner.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

They don’t care. They’re loaded.

Owners like Jerry and Kraft -- who we love to mock -- more or less have the same goal as the fans: to win.

The majority of Woody's wealth is tied to the NY Jets. His only goal is maximize profits. His revenue share stays the same win or lose. Cheap losers make more money than expensive winners in today's NFL and for a lot less risk and effort.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Owners like Jerry and Kraft -- who we love to mock -- more or less have the same goal as the fans: to win.

The majority of Woody's wealth is tied to the NY Jets. His only goal is maximize profits. His revenue share stays the same win or lose. Cheap losers make more money than expensive winners in today's NFL and for a lot less risk and effort.

Who mocks Jerry and Kraft? I would take either or both of them EVERY SINGLE DAY

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

WEAK argument.    A blind trust , if it owned the Jets, would more than likely have performed better.  That value happened without the Johnsons actions. 

Perhaps I made my point inartfully. They look in the mirror without a hint of shame because they cannot financially fail as NFL owners. As long as the bars to the right keep getting bigger than the bars to the left, they do not care.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I know people always say this but how do they affect the team exactly? If they give Douglas carte blanch do do whatever how’s it their fault? It’s not like they’re Jerry Jones 

Let’s see.  Handpick Gase over McCarthy. Handpick Macagnan and Bowles with the consultation of some tv analyst who clearly is scenile.  Stop JD from getting a nice package for Adams last year from the cowboys which would have included picks this year etc

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Perhaps I made my point inartfully. They look in the mirror without a hint of shame because they cannot financially fail as NFL owners. As long as the bars to the right keep getting bigger than the bars to the left, they do not care.

That’s just it....  going to owners meetings or other football functions knowing the opposing party knows you are dumb as fukk.  I have always Tried to excel at what I did. I don’t understand mediocrity. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

That’s just it....  going to owners meetings or other football functions knowing the opposing party knows you are dumb as fukk.  I have always Tried to excel at what I did. I don’t understand mediocrity. 

In the real world, mediocrity doesn't pay nearly as well as it does in the Billionaire's Club.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I know people always say this but how do they affect the team exactly? If they give Douglas carte blanch do do whatever how’s it their fault? It’s not like they’re Jerry Jones 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s see.  Handpick Gase over McCarthy. Handpick Macagnan and Bowles with the consultation of some tv analyst who clearly is scenile.  Stop JD from getting a nice package for Adams last year from the cowboys which would have included picks this year etc

To Phil’s point, this goes back over 10 years.   They hire yes men....   we have left great QBs on the board.  We draft poorly, manage poorly and that stems from a hierarchy that doesn’t work.  We have a GM and a HC who both report to a trust fund baby who by all accounts Has accomplished nothing.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

At some point even the Johnsons have t be embarrassed by their very public incompetence.

You or I would be. We might feel differently if we were squatting on a $3B asset that grows at a 12% annualized rate whether we fill the office with farts all day or grind 100 hours a week.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I think one of the greatest, most painful realizations I've had as a real adult: many sports franchise owners do NOT care whether the team wins or loses...that's a painful realization.

And the NY Jets are Exhibit A.

]\

Too bad no one explained to them that winning = bigger profits.

the New England Patriots are exhibit B

but hey, a billion more, a billion less...

C5C1F5B0-6701-4DB1-8712-F75A5F1B66FF.png

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Too bad no one explained to them that winning = bigger profits.

the New England Patriots are exhibit B

but hey, a billion more, a billion less...

C5C1F5B0-6701-4DB1-8712-F75A5F1B66FF.png

Problem is to win takes a continuous significant investment and competence. Woody has--smartly I might add considering his lack of capability--chosen the correct route to capital appreciation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

The Johnsons have allowed me to emotionally DIVEST.

THE JOHNSONS are losers in every sense of the word.

Im watching John Harbagh coach the Ravens, we took REX.

Weve had 2 winning seasons since.. several HCs, several QBs etc.

We had Tebow ...  

How do they look themselves in the mirror?  

The trust funds help

• Upvote 1

To those who think our luck has to turn at some point ... It doesn't.

We can stay bad forever.

I still have some faith in JD but this team is currently unwatchable. I'm watching but it's unwatchable. I can't tell how much the Johnson's meddle I'm sure it more than plenty. Meddling owners are the number one enemy of any sports team and their fans.

Either way, I can't even evaluate the players because I keep hearing someone screaming throughout the game and then half way through each game realize it's me, I'm the one who is screaming.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I just did a calculation from 2011... the team UNDER performed the S and P. 

Had they put the money in a blind index fund... the fund did better.  

Google return of S and P etc... the market has tripled since 2010 basically. 

SO...  no, they are not that smart. They are egoists.

You are forgetting the league revenue share over those years. In 2019 it was $255M per team. Strizzaight cash money. Doesn't even include team revenue--tickets, concessions, PSLs, swag, etc.

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Problem is to win takes a continuous significant investment and competence. Woody has--smartly I might add considering his lack of capability--chosen the correct route to capital appreciation.

No he hasn’t. He just lucked out and bought in on an ascending industry at the right time.

if he we’re running the nfl, they’d be broke.(joking of course)

but he really Isn’t smart at all. For if he were, he would’ve taken a page out of the successful franchise’s playbook is like the Pittsburgh Steelers ,Dallas Cowboys ,and dare I say the New York Giants, and stay away of the football operations let football people run the show.

Well CJ has been saying that JD has complete decision making powers.

let’s hope this is true. And let’s hope that the day will soon come when JD walks in his office and says to CJ that Gase is the problem and he must go.

that’s why they suck

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I just did a calculation from 2011... the team UNDER performed the S and P. 

Had they put the money in a blind index fund... the fund did better.  

Google return of S and P etc... the market has tripled since 2010 basically. 

SO...  no, they are not that smart. They are egoists.

Wow....nice catch.  That’s actually fascinating.  I would have never thought that would scenario with the Market vs owning the Jets would play like that.

Then again I think there is less risk owning a pro NY sports franchise.  The Johnson’s would probably have lost their as*es if they did their own investing in securities.

I also agree, they are egoists.  It gives them pleasure to be able to say they own, more like “holding hostage”, a pro football team.  When you’re 98 lbs. that’s the only thing that will get an Elizabeth Hurley to talk or even look at you (referring to that picture with our “Ambassador”).

• Upvote 1