The (not too early) Trevor Lawrence/Eric Bienemy/Root for Losses Train

9 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Who's on it? I am. Wins at this point are shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Deck chairs that explode and kill ALL the possible survivors before they can get to lifeboats. 

For those of you not on it, how many wins do you think we can muster this year? And does that number get Gase fired? Does it get you the best QB prospect since John Elway (allegedly)? Do you not want these things? 

I would rather elevate Williams or go with a Harbaugh/Tomlin "leader of men" type to give the illusion of stability as the Jets rotate through coordinators.  

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Show me one person that claims the Chiefs offense is the result of Bieniemy and not Reid. There's your evidence.

Mistuh Andy is everything John Gruden claims to be.  Look at how good Reid made McNabb and how awful D-mac was under Shannahan.  Mahomes has amazing skills, but Mistuh Andy probably deserves 20% of the credit for his success.

Ya get lousy head coaches like Gase who demand you fit into his system, then ya get good , talented head coaches like Reid who adjust for the players on the roster.

Bienemy may have learned a lot under Andy, but he isnt what the Jets need.  Send him to the Lions, where he can build around a franchise qb.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Reid coaching tree has been pretty successful. See the bolded below for bullet points on why Bienemy is the guy I want. That's not Chris Johnson saying he's a sharp offensive mind, it's Andy Reid. 

“You guys know how I feel about Eric,” Reid told reporters. “I think he would be tremendous. I don’t know the team, but there is a team out there that could really use him. Being the leader of men that he is, you’re not going to find people better than that in that category. He’s a sharp offensive mind on top of that.”

Working alongside Reid, Bieniemy has helped oversee defending NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes’ development

show me an interview where a HC tells the media--

"My OC?.... ehh, he's OK... probably tapped out leadership wise. Don't get me wrong, he's a good guy, GREAT guy actually,.... but I don't know if I would necessarily want him at the head of the table."

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Yes. Too early my man

.... I need about 10 more games of sh*tty uninspiring play to give up on Darnold.

I just wonder if many on this board will start referring to Trevor as 'Trevy Wevy' based on the usage of the rediculous monikor 'Samny' on 23 yr old.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

How pissed ya gonna be when the Colts or someone pick Darnold off the scrap heap and he logs some playoff wins after getting away from Gase?  I totally see a Tannehill future for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

show me an interview where a HC tells the media--

"My OC?.... ehh, he's OK... probably tapped out leadership wise. Don't get me wrong, he's a good guy, GREAT guy actually,.... but I don't know if I would necessarily want him at the head of the table."

There's a middle ground there. He doesn't need to put an Andy Reid HC seal of approval on the guy to not trash him. 

28 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

How pissed ya gonna be when the Colts or someone pick Darnold off the scrap heap and he logs some playoff wins after getting away from Gase?  I totally see a Tannehill future for him.

Tannehill supporters had to wait 8 years and a 2nd team for him to finally demonstrate he's an above average NFL QB.  If that's Darnold's ceiling and he reaches it, I think we'll live.  

And for every Tannehill, the current poster child for journeyman QB's who succeed around the time they turn 30, there are dozens of those types who start out as unimpressive QB's and never end up anything more than a QB2 or find themselves out of the league entirely.  Tannehill is firmly the exception, not the rule, and is not a good enough reason to keep Darnold around.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tannehill supporters had to wait 8 years and a 2nd team for him to finally demonstrate he's an above average NFL QB.  If that's Darnold's ceiling and he reaches it, I think we'll live.  

And for every Tannehill, the current poster child for journeyman QB's who succeed around the time they turn 30, there are dozens of those types who start out as unimpressive QB's and never end up anything more than a QB2 or find themselves out of the league entirely.  Tannehill is firmly the exception, not the rule, and is not a good enough reason to keep Darnold around.

The thing is Sam is only 23 years old. Far from a journey man. He could very well end up on a team like the Steelers, Saints, or Indy and go on to have a great career. Still, it’s worth taking that risk if we’re getting Lawrence. I honestly hope Sam does go on to have a great career whether it’s here on somewhere else 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

The thing is Sam is only 23 years old. Far from a journey man. He could very well end up on a team like the Steelers, Saints, or Indy and go on to have a great career. Still, it’s worth taking that risk if we’re getting Lawrence. I honestly hope Sam does go on to have a great career whether it’s here on somewhere else 

Or Patriots 

6 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

Except Tannehill actually played good football before going to Tenn.

Look, it’s this mentality that makes teams stick with losers too long. You gotta play the odds and make the best decision with the information available at the time. It’s a myth that Tannehill is a phoenix-esque apparition that rose from the trash bin to greatness. There were signs he had it in him. Lots of them. Darnold hasn’t shown squat.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Except Tannehill actually played good football before going to Tenn.

Yep.  As I've posted before, these were Tannehill's numbers in his 3rd season (2014) in the league.  We'd love for Darnold to put up something close to this here in his 3rd season:

• 66.4 % completions
  • 4,045 yards
  • 27 TDs / 12 INTs
  • 92.8 QB Rating
  • 17th ranked QB in DVOA
  • 12th ranked QB in DYAR

Did he dink and dunk a bit that season?  Sure, his 6.9 YPA wasn't awesome.  But because he kept the turnovers low, it was a solid season. 

Darnold doesn't have that luxury because of all the dumb INTs he throws.  A gunslinger like him needs to have be closer to 8 YPA in order to make up for those turnovers.