Watching Cardinals vs. Panthers and trying to decide what is more painful.

What is more disappointing?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What is more disappointing?

• Watching Matt Rhule coach against Kliff Kingsbury and knowing there was a good chance one of them could have been the Jets HC
    • Watching Teddy Bridgewater connect with Robby Anderson all day and seeing how effective they are on another team given the Jets woes on offense

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Robby Anderson being a Jet today makes zero difference to the state of the Jets today.  We're still 0-4 and looking at the #1 pick potentially wirh Anderson.  He makes no difference to our 2020 nightmare of a season.

We we're 31st/32nd in Offense with Anderson in 2019.  Pretty much the worst offense in the NFL.

Had Anderson chose to stay, why would the expectation be we'd be better than the 31st/31st Offense we are now?  

Crying over meaningless homer fantasies is pretty typical for this site, but seriously, give it a rest.  We sucked with Anderson, now we suck almost exactly the same without Anderson and with a WR room full of injuries.  That, above all, should tell you how little Anderson was worth here.  The needle didn't really move at all for US after he was gone.  

Is this season all that matters?

With Anderson we’d be in a much better position going forward with Lawrence/Fields/Whoever too. We’d be a legit #1, an Allen Robinson away from having one of the best WR cores in the league if not the best.

The Jets do not have the luxury to let guys who are legitimately good NFL starters go. Anderson is playing at a borderline elite level now. 6th in the league. Unbelievable ineptitude on Douglas’ part to let a player capable of that leaving.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is all very pointless if we're just going to blame everything on the Johnsons.  Like, what's the point of even having the conversation?  And not that I disagree but are the Johnsons to blame for what looks like another disaster draft?

Agreed my wish is to have Chris hand it all over to JD and lets ride or die but we both know that wont happen.

Yes, its all pointless if the Johnson's continue to be in charge and don't change how they do things at a fundamental level.  Finally, something we agree on, 100 %!  The HC needs to be hired by, and reports directly to, Joe Douglas.

What gives me hope in this arena is that I don't think Chris Johnson likes making tough decisions or really has much interest in doing it.  He enlisted Macc to help make the Gase hire because he couldn't do it on his own.  He handed Douglas a 6-year contract, which gave him a pretty extensive amount of power right away.  So maybe, just maybe, the Macc/Gase disaster will encourage him to stay out of it and let Douglas run things.  

We don't agree that this latest draft will end up a disaster.  For now, the Becton pick alone gives me hope about Douglas.  Becton will end up the best Jets draft pick since 2007.  And of course I'm a believer in Denzel Mims and to a lesser extent Bryce Hall.  But we'll have to see about him and the rest of the class.

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Now, this. This is absolutely pathetic.

You gonna dispute his catch rate and the film of him dogging routes, or are you just gonna keep crying like Kevin that Joe Douglas made your Robby Anderson jersey worthless??

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

that was always a myth so that people didnthave to face up to the fcat that sam is a bad nfl qb. 

his drop rate was always low. 

anyway, we had teddy b...  maybe the play was startingteddyand having samsit and learn? mclown mentor was the most wasteful10 million ever...  no, wait...   there wss that CB i'd never heard of thatwe gave 72 mill to, right?

It’s not a myth. There’s film of him dogging routes and not fighting for balls and his career catch rate was below average.  Those are tangible things.  Again.  This is about Robby, not Sam.  Stop making everything about Sam.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If they weren't interesting in Kingsbury, why did they interview him?

If Kingsbury is such a great HC why did his team which has more talent than either the Lions or the Panthers come out flat and have their talented O implode in key spots in games that could have put them in position to contend in the NFC?

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The Jets do not have the luxury to let guys who are legitimately good NFL starters go. Anderson is playing at a borderline elite level now. 6th in the league. Unbelievable ineptitude on Douglas’ part to let a player capable of that leaving.

What contract do you offer to Anderson, knowing that there were literally zero other bidders for him?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Is this season all that matters?

Nope.  

With Anderson we’d be in a much better position going forward with Lawrence/Fields too. We’d be a legit #1, an Allen Robinson away from having one of the best WR cores in the league.

Is this a serious post?  Best WR cores in the NFL?  Lol, nope. 

We'd have a #2 and an unknown (Mims) and still be desperately looking for more WR talent in the Draft.  

The Jets do not have the luxury to let guys who are legitimately good NFL starters go.

Good thing we didn't "let him go".  He chose to go.  At some point you people will understand that....

We gave a more than fair offer, and for once we didn't bid against ourselves, because NO ONE WANTED HIM till the Panthers came in very late with the Coaches personal connection.  

Anderson is playing at a borderline elite level now. 6th in the league. Unbelievable ineptitude on Douglas’ part to let a player capable of that leaving.

Jets Fans gonna Jet Fan.  Know what, you want to cry rivers of tears over Robby Anderson, the 700 yards-a-season wonder WR, you go right ahead.

Maybe what you SHOULD be asking yourself is why Anderson is on-pace for 1,500 yards, when he couldn't sniff 800 yards with Darnold and Gase.  Now THAT is an interesting question.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

If Kingsbury is such a great HC why did his team which has more talent than either the Lions or the Panthers come out flat and have their talented O implode in key spots in games that could have put them in position to contend in the NFC?

It’s getting pretty lean out there for the Jets should have hired McCarthy! Jets should have hired Kingsbury! set.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, its all pointless if the Johnson's continue to be in charge and don't change how they do things at a fundamental level.  Finally, something we agree on, 100 %!  The HC needs to be hired by, and reports directly to, Joe Douglas.

What gives me hope in this arena is that I don't think Chris Johnson likes making tough decisions or really has much interest in doing it.  He enlisted Macc to help make the Gase hire because he couldn't do it on his own.  He handed Douglas a 6-year contract, which gave him a pretty extensive amount of power right away.  So maybe, just maybe, he'll stay out of it and let Douglas run things.  

We don't agree that this latest draft will end up a disaster.  For now, the Becton pick alone gives me hope about Douglas.  Becton will end up the best Jets draft pick since 2007.  And of course I'm a believer in Denzel Mims and to a lesser extent Bryce Hall.  But we'll have to see about him and the rest of the class.

I'm optimistic about Mims, Becton looks great, you can pretty much close the book on the rest IMO.  None of them are/will be anything ever.  If Mims doesnt hit, yielding 1 player from this draft is bad and sets him back even further. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s getting pretty lean out there for the Jets should have hired McCarthy! Jets should have hired Kingsbury! set.

Rhule >>> Kingsbury >>>> Gase/McCarthy

Hiring Kingsbury and pairing him with Kyler Murray is exactly the kind of thing Jets fans are hoping we do at HC and QB after this season.  Daboll/Greg Roman are 2 quality HC candidates that work well with QB's who can run.  Lawrence and Fields are 2 talented QB's who can run.  

I can't imagine being a Cardinals fans and being upset with Kingsbury to date.  We'd all be encouraged being in that scenario, despite his W-L record to date. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm optimistic about Mims, Becton looks great, you can pretty much close the book on the rest IMO.  None of them are/will be anything ever.  If Mims doesnt hit, yielding 1 player from this draft is bad and sets him back even further. 

Not even Bryce Hall, a guy who was at least a 2nd round prospect before his injury?

You don't think Cameron Clark can end up a starting Guard here?  You don't like Perine to at least be a poor man's Bilal Powell at RB2?

If Mims hits, this was already a pretty successful draft class.  We needed a franchise LT and starting caliber WR more than anything.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Oh well ya

Are you saying you cant?  Who is going to emerge that wont be upgraded next season?  Especially if they actually do fire Gase, they'll turn the entire roster over again..

You actually think Perine/Zuniga/Davis/Clark actually play meaningful Football in the NFL?   None of those dudes are long term fixtures.  

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Are you saying you cant?  Who is going to emerge that wont be upgraded next season?  Especially if they actually do fire Gase, they'll turn the entire roster over again..

You actually think Perine/Zuniga/Davis/Clark actually play meaningful Football in the NFL?   None of those dudes are long term fixtures.  

Nothing like definitive no-doubts judgments on a draft class after 4 games.  Jif gonna JiF. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

All righty then

I'm just being real dude - are you not looking to upgrade both G's next season?  Or are you rolling in with Clark  as one?  lol  Ofcourse you're upgrading.   Now apply it to all those positions.  Perine give you comfort? Zuniga?  Davis?  Ofcourse not, I get its only week 4 but I'm elite at this sh*t.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not currently taking long-term draftee projections from “The Jachai Polite Guy” on JetNation dot com sir

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Nothing like definitive no-doubts judgments on a draft class after 4 games.  Jif gonna JiF. 

JiF is a good talent evaluator, I'll give him that.  But Becton is a hit and he likes Mims.  If we hit on a franchise LT and a starting WR, that's already a pretty successful draft.

Regardless of his thoughts on Cameron Clark I think he'll end up a pretty good starting Guard in this league.  He made RB Benny LeMay, a slug from an athletic standpoint, look very good at Charlotte.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm just being real dude - are you not looking to upgrade both G's next season?  Or are you rolling in with Clark  as one?  lol  Ofcourse you're upgrading.   Now apply it to all those positions.  Perine give you comfort? Zuniga?  Davis?  Ofcourse not, I get its only week 4 but I'm elite at this sh*t.

I'm not avoiding adding a Guard because of Clark.  But I'm also not at all ruling him out as a future starting G in this league.  What reasons do you have not to like him, exactly?

I like Perine as a RB2 in the Bilal Powell realm.  We were always going to need an RB1.

Zuniga fits the bill, physically, for what you look for out of an EDGE.  He was worth a shot.  We'll see there.  I'm not ruling him out either, and neither should you.

We needed a center fielder type FS and Davis is also athletically gifted, AND seems to have a good attitude.  So I'm not ruling him out as being a long-term starter either.  I was obviously hoping for a lot more out of the gates, however.

Not all of these guys will hit, obviously.  That's the poker aspect of the draft that makes its hard to predict.  But a few will.  And most importantly, Becton hit and I think Mims will hit.  That's a pretty good start, for me.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Not currently taking long-term draftee projections from “The Jachai Polite Guy” on JetNation dot com sir

Why do you constantly try twist what I say?  It's creepy dude.

I literally laughed at the pick and told you all why he wouldnt succeed immediately upon the selection, the proof is there.  I'm the best at this sh*t.

Just now, JiF said:

Why do you constantly try twist what I say?  It's creepy dude.

I literally laughed at the pick and told you all why he wouldnt succeed immediately upon the selection, the proof is there.  I'm the best at this sh*t.

Sounds like something the JPG guy would say

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF is a good talent evaluator, I'll give him that.  But Becton is a hit and he likes Mims.  If we hit on a franchise LT and a starting WR, that's already a pretty successful draft.

Regardless of his thoughts on Cameron Clark I think he'll end up a pretty good starting Guard in this league.  He made RB Benny LeMay, a slug from an athletic standpoint, look very good at Charlotte.  

FWIW - Becton/Mims was like a dream scenario, so I'm excited about it.  But Mims isnt guaranteed.  He was going to have a transition as a pro without the challenges of covid and an injury.   Still excited to see him play!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Didn't say Kingsbury was a great HC.  I said the Jets were interested.  The post I quoted said that nobody in the organization could have been high on Kingsbury.  They interviewed him.  Personally, I didn't like him either.  Offense only and never had much success as far as W/L record.  Then again, I can talk myself out of anything.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not avoiding adding a Guard because of Clark.  But I'm also not at all ruling him out as a future starting G in this league.  What reasons do you have not to like him, exactly?

Small school guy who was more a natural T trying to play G.  I'll take the odds he's a career back up at best.  Maybe he develops but you're upgrading the entire OL next year, especially if they do replace Gase and that coach has a different OL blocking scheme/philosophy, etc.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

career catch rate was below average

played with below avg qbs. 2 yrs w/o Sam as well,

theres also film of ,sorry it was last year, so it was sam...but sam missing him when he is open. ffs, he lost over 100yds and 2 tds in last years opener alone.

and now theres film of sam missing people every week when they are open.

his non Jet stats are the evidence

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

played with below avg qbs. 2 yrs w/o Sam as well,

theres also film of ,sorry it was last year, so it was sam...but sam missing him when he is open. ffs, he lost over 100yds and 2 tds in last years opener alone.

and now theres film of sam missing people every week when they are open.

his non Jet stats are the evidence

Teddy Bridewater isn’t an above average QB.  The year he played with McCown he got the same level of QB play he’s getting now.  Actually, McCown was better statistically.  He still had issues catching the ball.  There is proof of him dogging routes and dropping easy passes from the last two years, including that season opener you’re talking about.  Stop making excuses for him because you have a weird obsession with slamming Sam Darnold.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, rage against Joe Douglas for a problem that existed for over a decade prior to his arrival.  Totally a worthwhile use of one's time.

On the flip side, what is logical about believing this time it will be different? The likelihood is that Douglass will be a worthy successor to Tanny>Idzik>Mac. Are you basing this belief entirely on Becton over Wirfs?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

You gonna dispute his catch rate and the film of him dogging routes, or are you just gonna keep crying like Kevin that Joe Douglas made your Robby Anderson jersey worthless??

I'm just going to continue enjoying watching this season as it becomes even more hilarious and abundant how you and a few others have absolutely no idea what you're talking about but keep double and tripling down with arrogance. 

It's quite comical to be honest.

• Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, CTM said:

On the flip side, what is logical about believing this time it will be different? The likelihood is that Douglass will be a worthy successor to Tanny>Idzik>Mac. Are you basiing it ientirely on Becton over Wirfs?

Thomass and the Douglass Apologasses believe the Jets hired JD during an astronomical event that only happens once every 100 years in which a black hole is opened and beings from another galaxy enter ours.  The believe JD was one of those beings, sent to us from another galaxy as the savior of this franchise.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2