Seething With Hatred

TMAC

3 hours ago, TMAC said:

I know we are tanking.  I'm all in with that now if we can get Trevor Lawrence or even Justin Fields.  I've given up on Sam.  Sincerely hope he goes to a quality organization (not in our conference) and has an excellent career--preferably in the NFC.

Nevertheless, it makes me sick to hear Chris Canty dumping on the Jets on ESPN radio.  Astonishing that such a Giant Homer can act so superior when his team stinks to high heaven and has done almost nothing in a very long time.  Typical, despicable Giants fan.  Despite that, his comments today about Gase and the teams' lack of effort and preparedness were absolutely true.  He singled out the Chief's fake punt as a perfect example.  Even the announcer knew it was coming but, in a critical situation, the Jets special team was caught unaware or maybe they just don't care.  Either way, it was disgusting.

I understand why it does not make sense to fire Adam Gase during the season.  He almost ensures no wins.  Yet, I can't stop wondering how CJ or Woody could witness this abortion and continue to do nothing.  

no reason to seeth with hatred over a radio show  - just turn it off

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

they say anger is a mask for sadness or fear

in this case it's a fear of how sad the Jets make us 

"They say", who the fck is "they"? I'm not wearing a mask of any kind, even in this age of  COVID-19 while I'm at it. Why is that? Because I'm in the middle of my front lawn air-punching invisible objects, one of them probably being a TV (probably because it's an invisible object, duh). It's obvious how angry I am, even from a distance of 50 feet. I mean, look at this body language, you don't need binoculars to figure it out. Jets, Rrrrrr! Come at me, bro.

breaking-bad-gif-gus-fring-750404.gif

8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

In all seriousness if fielding a team that is so bad the jets have a shot at the #1 overall pick was in any way a part of JDs plan, even as an alternative fall back plan, the guy should win execute of the year.

Much as people want to launch gase and think Douglas won’t ( as if he could without the Johnsons approval) at this point he’s probably thinking about making lemonade out of lemons.

10 hours ago, TMAC said:

I know we are tanking.  I'm all in with that now if we can get Trevor Lawrence or even Justin Fields.  I've given up on Sam.  Sincerely hope he goes to a quality organization (not in our conference) and has an excellent career--preferably in the NFC.

Nevertheless, it makes me sick to hear Chris Canty dumping on the Jets on ESPN radio.  Astonishing that such a Giant Homer can act so superior when his team stinks to high heaven and has done almost nothing in a very long time.  Typical, despicable Giants fan.  Despite that, his comments today about Gase and the teams' lack of effort and preparedness were absolutely true.  He singled out the Chief's fake punt as a perfect example.  Even the announcer knew it was coming but, in a critical situation, the Jets special team was caught unaware or maybe they just don't care.  Either way, it was disgusting.

I understand why it does not make sense to fire Adam Gase during the season.  He almost ensures no wins.  Yet, I can't stop wondering how CJ or Woody could witness this abortion and continue to do nothing.  

Canty is a giant moron. Literally.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Much as people want to launch gase and think Douglas won’t ( as if he could without the Johnsons approval) at this point he’s probably thinking about making lemonade out of lemons.

Douglas talks about building a culture but the reality is that beyond JDs draft picks and a few others like Q, none of these guys have a future with the Jets, so the culture building can wait until next season.

53 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bullying within limits builds character through adversity 

Being able to gain satisfaction through inflicting monetary judgments against bullies, thier parents or the school is another way of building character.

Imagine being bullied and then achieving financial security or success as a result. That is the best revenge.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

All of em. Freud. BF Skinner. Hagel rhymes with Bagel 

we are men they trained us to have one response to every situation 

rage

You left out Jung. That one that really pains me, because I resonate a great deal on certain things, but he was an AWFUL misogynist. UGH, I'm talking, UGH, the worst, to the point where it almost cancels out the rest of him.  Oh, well. Heh, who is "they", it's a family joke, really. "They say this and that about your cholesterol . . . " "THEY, who the fck is THEY?"

But, yeah, they. 

So anyway . . .

breaking-bad-gif-gus-fring-750404.gif&ke

Watch them say I did that three times.  You can ask ME why, but let's see what they say. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I wanted Matt Hennessy with that pick and not Morgan. However, Morgan was highly thought of by many including Bill Belechic and the Jets needed a back-up.  

Even Babe Ruth whiffed once in a while...

We don’t even know. Can’t see the darn guy play! I still have Joe’s back so far. Sam’s losing me, but could redeem. We all wanna like him.

5 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

Being able to gain satisfaction through inflicting monetary judgments against bullies, thier parents or the school is another way of building character.

Imagine being bullied and then achieving financial security or success as a result. That is the best revenge.

Personally I think that’s pathetic but that’s just me. Obviously lines can be crossed I’m not talking about extreme cases here

15 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

- I’ve been getting through this season with any hope only because it hopefully will result in a better quarterback and headcoach.

- My fear is we will butt fumble our way out of the top pick or even the top 2 picks.

- My other fear is that Chrissy Fredo Johnson isn’t playing chess along with Joe Douglas. He isn’t in on the tank. He isn’t keeping Adam Gase to ensure a better draft pick and organizational future. He’s keeping him in the hopes of saving face and having the light switch turn on for Gase/this offense, so CJ can say

“SEE I’M SMART. NOT LIKE EVERYONE SAYS, LIKE DUMB. IM SMART! IM SMART! AND I WANT RESPECT!!!”

I really think CJ is embarrassed as sh*t and knows that his joke of a hire not only ruined Sam Darnold (our savior) but set this franchise back another 4-5 years minimum, and he is trying to pray somehow Gase wins some game and he can say the Freddo speech

The fact that Gase is STILL the HC of the Jets may prove you are correct. The first half of last year was abysmal. Even worse than this year. Of course, there were the injuries but you could immediately sense Gase was in over his head. IMO, he was saved since the 2nd half schedule was a cakewalk and they were able to win some games. But this year, the truth is apparent. Gase has no leadership ability to be a HC in the NFL. How is it possible he hasn’t been fired JD by now. Only possible reason is JD has zero power to do.  The presser by JD today may substantiate the Johnsons absolute loyalty to Gase.  

9 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Douglas talks about building a culture but the reality is that beyond JDs draft picks and a few others like Q, none of these guys have a future with the Jets, so the culture building can wait until next season.

I’d say it’s a work in progress. It’s unfortunate darnold doesn’t seem to be working out because that’s one more position that will need to be filled.  The drafted players at least want to be there and aren’t necessarily in it only for a paycheck. They know their path to greater rewards rests in their playing good smart football. I don’t know if the free agents see it the same way.  So yes the culture is being changed. Even this group, if motivated, can be a decent team. It’s easier to motivate the youngies.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Personally I think that’s pathetic but that’s just me. Obviously lines can be crossed I’m not talking about extreme cases here

Society right now is lacking the ability to discern degree or perspective and is becoming absolutist. Many will perceive any action they don’t agree with as bullying.

• Upvote 1

Well, there's not much we can do about this.  The facts speak for themselves.  And in an era of "snark", no one is going to  let us off easy.

The worst is, we have no idea that this can be changed.  Maybe JD will lead us out of the morass,  Ownership has not given us any reason to hope.  The fact that we have doubts Gase will be fired is truly scary.

I have some optimism about JD, but who really knows?

6 minutes ago, addage said:

Well, there's not much we can do about this.  The facts speak for themselves.  And in an era of "snark", no one is going to  let us off easy.

The worst is, we have no idea that this can be changed.  Maybe JD will lead us out of the morass,  Ownership has not given us any reason to hope.  The fact that we have doubts Gase will be fired is truly scary.

I have some optimism about JD, but who really knows?

I have a positive view of JD, but this organization will be at a historical turning point at the end of the season.

Its owners’ have failed to deliver success for a decade, ruined a future franchise QB (historically difficult for the Jets to get) that it and the fans wanted a year prior to his draft, failed to draft talent capable of sustaining a baseline of average production and ultimately chose a coach inimical to player-team dynamics and unwilling to adapt to his players.

I hope the Johnsons give total oversight of football ops to JD. 

22 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Pretty much perfectly said.

We stink, but man, we're acquiring picks, and cap space and look like we have a lot of what is necessary to turn this thing around in the next two years.

Look at the Dolphins. They did the same thing and look like they're gonna win the AFC East.

You can turn things around quickly in the NFL, especially when you have the depth of draft capital and cap space we have - but you have to draft well.  

Right now we really don't know if JD can draft, early indications aren't great.  Becton was a no brainer (well, could have been Wirfs who's also had a very good rookie season) They're not terrible either...

JD is still mostly a question mark.

1 hour ago, Ian Fleming said:

Society right now is lacking the ability to discern degree or perspective and is becoming absolutist. Many will perceive any action they don’t agree with as bullying.

Steel is forged in fire. We're re-building our society on a foundation of quicksand.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You can turn things around quickly in the NFL, especially when you have the depth of draft capital and cap space we have - but you have to draft well.  

Right now we really don't know if JD can draft, early indications aren't great.  Becton was a no brainer (well, could have been Wirfs who's also had a very good rookie season) They're not terrible either...

JD is still mostly a question mark.

No question it's all about the draft picks but I feel pretty good about the first draft overall. My biggest question mark is Davis, who was a pretty high pick and hasn't impressed but Becton looks like a home run and I've liked what we've seen from Davis.