Seething With Hatred

TMAC

I know we are tanking.  I'm all in with that now if we can get Trevor Lawrence or even Justin Fields.  I've given up on Sam.  Sincerely hope he goes to a quality organization (not in our conference) and has an excellent career--preferably in the NFC.

Nevertheless, it makes me sick to hear Chris Canty dumping on the Jets on ESPN radio.  Astonishing that such a Giant Homer can act so superior when his team stinks to high heaven and has done almost nothing in a very long time.  Typical, despicable Giants fan.  Despite that, his comments today about Gase and the teams' lack of effort and preparedness were absolutely true.  He singled out the Chief's fake punt as a perfect example.  Even the announcer knew it was coming but, in a critical situation, the Jets special team was caught unaware or maybe they just don't care.  Either way, it was disgusting.

I understand why it does not make sense to fire Adam Gase during the season.  He almost ensures no wins.  Yet, I can't stop wondering how CJ or Woody could witness this abortion and continue to do nothing.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

4 minutes ago, TMAC said:

I know we are tanking.  I'm all in with that now if we can get Trevor Lawrence or even Justin Fields.  I've given up on Sam.  Sincerely hope he goes to a quality organization (not in our conference) and has an excellent career--preferably in the NFC.

Nevertheless, it makes me sick to hear Chris Canty dumping on the Jets on ESPN radio.  Astonishing that such a Giant Homer can act so superior when his team stinks to high heaven and has done almost nothing in a very long time.  Typical, despicable Giants fan.  Despite that, his comments today about Gase and the teams' lack of effort and preparedness were absolutely true.  He singled out the Chief's fake punt as a perfect example.  Even the announcer knew it was coming but, in a critical situation, the Jets special team was caught unaware or maybe they just don't care.  Either way, it was disgusting.

I understand why it does not make sense to fire Adam Gase during the season.  He almost ensures no wins.  Yet, I can't stop wondering how CJ or Woody could witness this abortion and continue to do nothing.  

I turned it off when Ira from Staten Island calls up and basically licks his a$$ and tells him Jets fans agree with him. Canty is a Giants homer, and I don’t need Ira to speak for me like he is some kind of Jets fan spokesperson 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Chris Canty being a Giants homer is irrelevant. The Giants sucking doesn't make us any better and any criticism towards the Jets is more than deserved no matter who it's coming from.

Nobody is defending the pathetic Jets. He says idiotic things like the Jets keyed on the run so Bell wouldn’t embarrass the Jets. That’s not what happened yesterday. Bell is old and sucks and Mahomes is the best QB in football against our horrible secondary. He loves to embellish negativity about the Jets yet rationalize the poor play of the Giants. He sucks and is a Giants homer.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Nobody is defending the pathetic Jets. He says idiotic things like the Jets keyed on the run so Bell wouldn’t embarrass the Jets. That’s not what happened yesterday. Bell is old and sucks and Mahomes is the best QB in football against our horrible secondary. He loves to embellish negativity about the Jets yet rationalize the poor play of the Giants. He sucks and is a Giants homer.

It doesn't matter though. Like I said before, the Giants being sh*t doesn't make our situation better. Don't be butthurt that a former Giant is saying what everybody else is saying.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Joe Douglas has convinced the Johnsons to stand back and let him work his own plan.  That being... Tank for Trevor and collect a massive pile of draft picks and cap space.  Then he hires *HIS* coach and sends Gase off with many compliments on how brilliant he is.  

The Jets can go from worst to first.  That is the plan, and it can work.

Joe Douglas and Trevor Lawrence are the bright future.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Threads like this just make me seethe with hatred.  Who gives a rats butt what a Giants fan thinks. I remember Moose dogging the Jets the night before they played the Bengals and he just tore Rex and their team apart. Next day we DEMOL:ISHED the Bengals and Moose was embarrassed by a Jets fan on the air. It was CLASSIC in your face stuff.

• Upvote 3

All seethed hatred should first be directed at the people most responsible for he jets debacle that being the owners.

It all starts at the top and in every single discussion about the Jets situation before, gaes, or mac or bowles or whoever the people discussing it should blast the hell out of ownership and the teams power structure.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, TMAC said:

tl;dr I hate him for being right about the Jets.

Jets fans wouldn't just kill the messenger of bad news, we'd string up his horse, too.

blazing-saddles-hanging-horse – Knowledge is Power

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Joe Douglas has convinced the Johnsons to stand back and let him work his own plan.  That being... Tank for Trevor and collect a massive pile of draft picks and cap space.  Then he hires *HIS* coach and sends Gase off with many compliments on how brilliant he is.  

The Jets can go from worst to first.  That is the plan, and it can work.

Joe Douglas and Trevor Lawrence are the bright future.

I want to add to my own post here.  I'm happily convinced they found the right man in Joe Douglas.  It is not homer BS.  I'm basing this partly on his prior experience before the Jets, but mostly on how he has operated while with the Jets.  The revamping of the scouting department has been fantastic and thus far he looks to have done a great job evaluating talent in the draft.  Becton is already a home run, so far, Mims looks like an NFL quality receiver and in filling in at S, even Davis shows ability to be a starter. 

JD's ability and success thus far may very well signal the end of Johnson's ham handed involvement. 

THAT is the all encompassing key hear for the future.

Next stop, Trevor Lawrence and AFC East Champs.... *REGULARLY*

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Because if they fire him now they run the risk of the wrath of all remaining Jets fans being directly at Douglas and, to a lesser degree, Fredo.

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I want to add to my own post here.  I'm happily convinced they found the right man in Joe Douglas.  It is not homer BS.  I'm basing this partly on his prior experience before the Jets, but mostly on how he has operated while with the Jets.  The revamping of the scouting department has been fantastic and thus far he looks to have done a great job evaluating talent in the draft.  Becton is already a home run, so far, Mims looks like an NFL quality receiver and in filling in at S, even Davis shows ability to be a starter. 

JD's ability and success thus far may very well signal the end of Johnson's ham handed involvement. 

THAT is the all encompassing key hear for the future.

Next stop, Trevor Lawrence and AFC East Champs.... *REGULARLY*

Explain Morgan.

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

Until the TV checks and the the other guaranteed revenue streams every team gets dry up, they will continue on  their present course.  You don't get paid more to be good.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Bell might be old and suck but the Jets did key on the run. 

Think fast which other KC RB had a great game?

Answer = NO ONE!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

I know we are tanking.  I'm all in with that now if we can get Trevor Lawrence or even Justin Fields. 

- I’ve been getting through this season with any hope only because it hopefully will result in a better quarterback and headcoach.

- My fear is we will butt fumble our way out of the top pick or even the top 2 picks.

- My other fear is that Chrissy Fredo Johnson isn’t playing chess along with Joe Douglas. He isn’t in on the tank. He isn’t keeping Adam Gase to ensure a better draft pick and organizational future. He’s keeping him in the hopes of saving face and having the light switch turn on for Gase/this offense, so CJ can say

“SEE I’M SMART. NOT LIKE EVERYONE SAYS, LIKE DUMB. IM SMART! IM SMART! AND I WANT RESPECT!!!”

I really think CJ is embarrassed as sh*t and knows that his joke of a hire not only ruined Sam Darnold (our savior) but set this franchise back another 4-5 years minimum, and he is trying to pray somehow Gase wins some game and he can say the Freddo speech

1 hour ago, Lith said:

For the past ten years, we hve been in a perpetual state of rebuild.  But until now, we have gone about it half-assed.  We have tried to stay competitive while rebuilding.  And all it has gotten us is one playoff near miss and a whole lot of 4 to 8 win seasons.  This year, for the first time, we are going all in on a rebuild.  We are sacrificing the present for the future: trading veterans, acquiring picks, freeing up cap space.  I don't think the plan was to be this bad, but some of the cheap FAs we signed haven't worked out and we have been hit by a rash of injuries.

When you look as bad as we have, you expect to take some hits in the press.  And as long as we are 0-8, and non-competitive in most games as we have been, the hits will keep coming.  JD has shown he knows how to manage the tear down piece of the rebuild, hopefully he is equally effective at building it back up -- if he is, it will be worth the one or two seasons of bad football.  But if he doesn't execute on the rebuild, may as well get used to the hit pieces.  Could be a while before we are competitive again.

In JD we trust.  Because we really don't have much choice.

Pretty much perfectly said.

We stink, but man, we're acquiring picks, and cap space and look like we have a lot of what is necessary to turn this thing around in the next two years.

Look at the Dolphins. They did the same thing and look like they're gonna win the AFC East.