88 members have voted

1. 1. biggest meltdown?

• SEA wins SB, Adams named MVP
    • CLE wins SB, Baker named MVP
    • TAM wins SB, Brady named MVP
    • BUF wins SB, Allen named MVP

Just now, JTJet said:

Option 5 - 

Gase let go, signs with NE in 2021 after Belicheck retires, wins SB, named coach of the year. 

Never happen. Kraft left more IQ points on that Florida massage room table than both Johnsons have combined.

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Sam put up Allen numbers we’d be crowning him as the second coming but when it’s Allen it’s no big deal and the sign of a breakdown lol 

Would we?  Was same Darnold the 2nd coming around here at the end of last season? His last 6 games last year were better than Allen's last 6 games this year.

4 minutes ago, yvj said:

I'll eat crow when Allen has some playoff success til then...I maintain the right to be dismissive

But yet some of your posts seem to indicate that we can’t yet evaluate Sam as being a bust. How do you reconcile these two opinions?

2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I chuckled before even entering the thread and seeing the options.

I almost want to see one of these scenarios play out. We need the offseason fodder.

Hard to lose when you bet on the most painful thing for Jets fans coming to pass. Good chance one of these does happen 

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

But yet some of your posts seem to indicate that we can’t yet evaluate Sam as being a bust. How do you reconcile these two opinions?

I think you'll find me on record saying draft Lawrence if given the opportunity. I'll add Fields as well if it makes you feel better.  That said I don't think Sam's incapable of being a serviceable QB in the league because I've yet to see him play football with even a half decent squad around him.

7 hours ago, yvj said:

I think you'll find me on record saying draft Lawrence if given the opportunity. I'll add Fields as well if it makes you feel better.  That said I don't think Sam's incapable of being a serviceable QB in the league because I've yet to see him play football with even a half decent squad around him.

That also isn't consistent -- so we ruined Sam and put him in a situation that not QB could succeed, but we should still get rid of him and draft Lawrence and be right back where we started? Not nit picking here, it just seems that with your opinion about Sam, you'd advocate trading down and building around him.

8 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

None of those are going to happen. It's more likely Gase keeps his job, so that's my nightmare scenario 

Adams - Seattle’s pass defense is no good with him

Baker - poor man’s Case Keenum.  Gonna be one and done in the playoffs 

Allen - would have busted here

Brady - sorry but I’m rooting for the guy.  Brady winning a super bowl while Belicheat goes 5-11 would be sweet

2 hours ago, jgb said:

That also isn't consistent -- so we ruined Sam and put him in a situation that not QB could succeed, but we should still get rid of him and draft Lawrence and be right back where we started? Not nit picking here, it just seems that with your opinion about Sam, you'd advocate trading down and building around him.

The only inconsistency is in having the belief the Jets organization will get it right this time around having learned from their mistakes. Saying Sam still has potential to be a QB in the league doesn't mean, if you are given the opportunity, you pass on someone who potentially has a higher ceiling than him.