Trevor says he’d be ready to come to the Jets!

Rhg1084

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Dan Patrick - Have you watched the Jets ? Don't !

Smashmouth - hey Dan have you watched any team with the first pick in the draft throughout history ? Get Lost

Troy Aikman -  I'll take a bad record in Trevor's rookie season followed by an average one followed by 3 Super Bowl wins and 6 All Pro appearances. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I see that because I do a lot of in depth eval before the draft and know many of the players quite well.  Getting Mims how he did was masterful and we haven't see that sort of GM work in our history. Trader Mike did some fun stuff but never got the return JD is getting. JD added 6 picks including the 5th and 6th this year and was still able to grab 2 guys with first rd grades and others such as Davis, Zuniga and Clark who were projected to go much higher than they went. Bryce Hall too. I love that draft. Even if Becton and Mims are all we get, which is very conservative, it will be the strongest draft we've had in a decade. 

As an aside, Let's not forget that we have Gase as the HC who is supposed to be developing guys. NO QB coach or actual OC. And a 5 year history of guys leaving gase and doing much better. Whatever flaws and slow growth we are seeing with the rooks is almost guaranteed to improve when he's gone. 

Then we look at the draft capital and cap space JD has created for this year. We are set up better than almost any team in the NFL.  That didn't just happen. 

I know you don't like Mims, but I think you're just not looking. He has been exceptional in a terrible offense. He's a rookie on a Gase coached team and the worst QB play in the NFL. We couldn't want more from him imo. 

I do know you follow this very closely, certainly more closely than I do and respect your opinion but moving around in the draft yet drafting bad players doesn't show me a lot. 

Maybe Zuniga, Davis and Perinne turn into NFL difference makers - I certainly I hope so but I haven't seen anything yet to say they will.

and Maybe Mims turns into a guy that can stay healthy - I'll believe that when I see it.

I will say though, the point you make I find most compelling is this team is a disaster, from top to bottom - with coaching leading the list of awfulness.  It is tough to judge any player let alone rookies in a situation like this.  It would be hard to imagine a rookie prospering in an environment like this.   

With that said, I'm not going to fall for the potential argument anymore - I've seen enough "potential" to last a lifetime.

Overall, Until I see something from Douglas that shows me he can do, pretty much, anything well I'm going to hold out my optimism.

Right now, I don't think he's done a bad job, just think he's a big o'le question mark.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I do know you follow this very closely, certainly more closely than I do and respect your opinion but moving around in the draft yet drafting bad players doesn't show me a lot. 

Maybe Zuniga, Davis and Perinne turn into NFL difference makers - I certainly I hope so but I haven't seen anything yet to say they will.

and Maybe Mims turns into a guy that can stay healthy - I'll believe that when I see it.

I will say though, the point you make I find most compelling is this team is a disaster, from top to bottom - with coaching leading the list of awfulness.  It is tough to judge any player let alone rookies in a situation like this.  It would be hard to imagine a rookie prospering in an environment like this.   

With that said, I'm not going to fall for the potential argument anymore - I've seen enough "potential" to last a lifetime.

Overall, Until I see something from Douglas that shows me he can do, pretty much, anything well I'm going to hold out my optimism.

Right now, I don't think he's done a bad job, just think he's a big o'le question mark.

I look forward to continuing this conversation during and after this coming offseason. I see this past 1 1/2 years as setting us up beautifully for 2021/2022.  I hope you can see some things that start t thaw the ice a bit. I know that's what you want too.  I'll keep tabs on ya lol 

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2020 at 2:40 PM, Warfish said:

There would be a valuable lesson learned if he decides to stay in school.......for the folks who have invested in failure instead of winning.

You might get all you wanted (0-16, worst team in NFL history, a place in the Hall of Shame sports media will flog for decades to come) and still get nothing to show for it.   

If we don’t get him this draft, we will get him in the next draft, lol.